Reviews for The Crash
perclexed chapter 24 . 11/9
This was SUCH an excellent story. Thank you for sharing their journey with us. :)
flutterbye52000 chapter 24 . 9/3
Thank you, dancesabove, for such a fine work here. I read it quickly, for I couldn't stop; now I'm reading it again. I don't know how you folks do it...such delicious talent. I deeply mean thank you. Love it!
Rhonllor chapter 24 . 3/25
I don't know if you're still around, but I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. Excellent writing, great mix of plot and romance, and it felt true to the characters on the show. Having fairly recently discovered Foyle's War it has been great fun also discovering all the wonderful fan fic. Thanks!
MKsBeautiful chapter 5 . 10/30/2014
I'm really adoring this fic. I just want to keep reading, even when I really should do other things. I'm hooked.
Some of my favorite lines so far:
-“Headache or no, he could already feel stirrings of arousal at having her so near him here in a place where he had so often fantasised about her.”
-“He readjusted his Trilby, gave a barely perceptible dip of his knees.”
-“Sergeant Paul Milner was so calm and straight-faced as a rule that it was not always clear to the casual observer how much he perceived.”
-“But even before they were themselves aware of it, Milner knew there was something far stronger than affection and respect at play.”
sherlock1921 chapter 24 . 8/27/2014
Really enjoyed this story. well written and will look forward to revisiting it. Loved the way that you captured the characters.
Gil Shalos1 chapter 20 . 6/4/2014
I'm really enjoying this. Nice touch with the characters!
PhryneF chapter 24 . 2/19/2014
I prefer to wait until a fic is finished before I get stuck in, and I've had my eye on this one for a while...!

I love the way you incorporated bits of the episodes that we already know, but use them in subtly different ways.
I can't understand all the fuss by people who think the May-December romances are nonsense, they are valid because they happen more than people think - there are quite a few in my family tree!

I apologise for not reviewing every chapter, but it was only laziness on my part, not a lack of interest.
Fab fic, many thanks.
Wolseley37 chapter 24 . 2/17/2014
A very satisfying conclusion to this most absorbing and fully-realized story. Just lovely, dances! So glad you were able to make time to finish it. Will probably go back to the beginning and start reading it all over again!
Bookworm Kate chapter 24 . 2/9/2014
A beautiful ending, dancesabove! Really enjoyed this story, so thank you for sharing it with us!
Em chapter 24 . 2/8/2014
What a wonderful end to a truly lovely story. Thanks so much for taking the time to finish it so beautifully. This was a real pleasure to read!
dancesabove chapter 24 . 2/2/2014
I do plan to add an epilogue, Sash. So we shall see!
Jean Dee chapter 24 . 2/2/2014
I only recently found this story (thanks to GiuliettaC) so I've had a 'Crash' course reading it all through in a very short space of time. I have so enjoyed it and didn't have to endure the yearnings for the next chapters. It was a beautiful love story, very gentle and cleverly done. Thank you for persevering with it.
Utopia chapter 24 . 2/2/2014
Lovely and very well-written as always!Thank you for posting!
GiuliettaC chapter 24 . 2/2/2014
What a gift this story has been. Can't thank you enough, either, for the inspiration it gave me to begin writing myself. I hate to see the story end, and it's a wrench to leave the characters behind, but that doesn't change my admiration for the deft way you've brought the tale to a close with yet another crash, and their reflections on both the state of the world and their own personal situation.

I have to agree with sash - we need to know what happens with the baby. Come back and tell us another day. But for now, I can survive on the image of her lying, cherished, in his arms, reassured of personal happiness, and with a reasonable hope of American help on the horizon.

Perhaps the baby might be born on December 8th, the day that Roosevelt brings the US into the war?
sash queen of the jungle chapter 24 . 2/2/2014
Thanks for a great conclusion. But what happens with the baby?