Reviews for The Crash
TwiningsGirl64 chapter 16 . 10/1/2016
Awww. I love that Foyle knows Sam so well, and that he's able to tell when something is troubling her simply by taking notice of the little things, such as her lack of interest in Merivales strawberry cakes.
And I could see the interrogation scene playing out so clearly in my mind and was glad Foyle was able to provoke a physical response from Hechinger, allowing Foyle to initiate what he deemed to be an appropriate use of force to the face. The scumbag had it coming!
Hopefully the tiresome Bea also gets her comeuppance given that she played an equal part in Sams kidnapping.
TwiningsGirl64 chapter 10 . 9/30/2016
arghhhh such angst! Understandable reaction from the Stewarts. They received a quite sudden shock and were naturally concerned that Foyle had used his position of authority to gain the attentions of their daughter. However, they didnt give the man, or their daughter, a chance to explain. And that last comment of Gillians, was particularly unkind and unnecessary!
For such a gentlemanly man who is so genuinely and completely in love with Sam, to have to stand there like the accused, and bare the brunt of such an unsubstantiated backlashing, broke my heart.
Big hugs for both Sam and Milner for speaking up in Foyles defence. Not that Foyle needed protecting, but Im sure he appreciated the love and support!
TwiningsGirl64 chapter 8 . 9/29/2016
This chapter had a bit of everything. The hurt and pain that Foyle felt knowing that Sam had lied to him about Andrew. Then the green eyed monster rearing its ugly head, making things ten times worse. I particularly liked the Foyle/Andrew talk and Andrew giving his Dad the gentle push he needed in getting over the whole marriage proposition hurdle. I also liked Andrews need for a little of the human touch from his father and then actually instigating it :) But best of all was Foyles acknowledgement that he'd hurt Sam and was wrong to mistrust her and he showed complete devotion to her by setting things to right! Firstly by setting off in the dark to apologize to her and then later..."You'll get more than one you know". "You'll have as many as you'd like me to give you".
TwiningsGirl64 chapter 4 . 9/22/2016
Hope you dont mind dances, but I decided to review this delightful story every few chapters rather than doing one essay length review at the end LOL. I love protective Foyle and his "do lets keep track" smile at Mrs Melecent. LOL. I was extremely grateful to know that the Wolseley was stationary when Foyle decided to massage the back of Sams neck, or Lord knows where the Wolseley would have ended up :) I adored Sams boldness, proving to Foyle that actions sometimes speak louder than words and Foyle finally conceding that he's completely under Sams spell.
TwiningsGirl64 chapter 1 . 9/19/2016
Fantastic first chapter. It was only on subsequent viewings of Foyles War that I began to see DCS Foyle and Sam's relationship in the same light as you are portraying them here and what better way to shake them up and help them acknowledge their feelings for one another than by putting one of them in harms way. I love that you've used the Crash scene from the French Drop. (I remember when I first saw that scene, I was certain that both Sam and Mr Foyle would have been knocked unconscious from the force of the crash, and would likely have required an ambulance ride to the hospital.) So at least your fic is a little more realistic than the cannon in that respect, and I like that youve reversed the hurt/comfort scenario so that Foyle is the one in need of attention, with Sam providing whatever comfort is necessary :)
perclexed chapter 24 . 11/9/2015
This was SUCH an excellent story. Thank you for sharing their journey with us. :)
flutterbye52000 chapter 24 . 9/3/2015
Thank you, dancesabove, for such a fine work here. I read it quickly, for I couldn't stop; now I'm reading it again. I don't know how you folks do it...such delicious talent. I deeply mean thank you. Love it!
Rhonllor chapter 24 . 3/25/2015
I don't know if you're still around, but I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. Excellent writing, great mix of plot and romance, and it felt true to the characters on the show. Having fairly recently discovered Foyle's War it has been great fun also discovering all the wonderful fan fic. Thanks!
MKsBeautiful chapter 5 . 10/30/2014
I'm really adoring this fic. I just want to keep reading, even when I really should do other things. I'm hooked.
Some of my favorite lines so far:
-“Headache or no, he could already feel stirrings of arousal at having her so near him here in a place where he had so often fantasised about her.”
-“He readjusted his Trilby, gave a barely perceptible dip of his knees.”
-“Sergeant Paul Milner was so calm and straight-faced as a rule that it was not always clear to the casual observer how much he perceived.”
-“But even before they were themselves aware of it, Milner knew there was something far stronger than affection and respect at play.”
sherlock1921 chapter 24 . 8/27/2014
Really enjoyed this story. well written and will look forward to revisiting it. Loved the way that you captured the characters.
Gil Shalos1 chapter 20 . 6/4/2014
I'm really enjoying this. Nice touch with the characters!
PhryneF chapter 24 . 2/19/2014
I prefer to wait until a fic is finished before I get stuck in, and I've had my eye on this one for a while...!

I love the way you incorporated bits of the episodes that we already know, but use them in subtly different ways.
I can't understand all the fuss by people who think the May-December romances are nonsense, they are valid because they happen more than people think - there are quite a few in my family tree!

I apologise for not reviewing every chapter, but it was only laziness on my part, not a lack of interest.
Fab fic, many thanks.
Wolseley37 chapter 24 . 2/17/2014
A very satisfying conclusion to this most absorbing and fully-realized story. Just lovely, dances! So glad you were able to make time to finish it. Will probably go back to the beginning and start reading it all over again!
Bookworm Kate chapter 24 . 2/9/2014
A beautiful ending, dancesabove! Really enjoyed this story, so thank you for sharing it with us!
Em chapter 24 . 2/8/2014
What a wonderful end to a truly lovely story. Thanks so much for taking the time to finish it so beautifully. This was a real pleasure to read!