Reviews for A Thousand Words
Guest chapter 4 . 4/14/2014
Mage me smile. And that whole line about Akihiko add a big cat. Beautiful.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
Hello, Daniel. Been Oh so long. How did I miss this little series before. Love the imagery and the ending.
Scarlotte O'Hara chapter 15 . 11/24/2013
awwww very very very sweet. i feel for hiro i really do thanksgiving cooking is not on my to do list...ever...i do love how funny he thought the holiday was.
Scarlotte O'Hara chapter 13 . 11/22/2013
oh i died at misaki's not that he was gay or anything...i think you said that several times and it simply killed me! and nowaki is proportional, hahaha. you naughty thing;)
Scarlotte O'Hara chapter 11 . 11/22/2013
hahah i loved this bit, both of their point of views on the other one working out. the shy nowaki trying to swim is quite a cute image
Scarlotte O'Hara chapter 7 . 11/18/2013
you know..having been faced with that situation or similar and in one case the death of a child i was unable to save you capture the grief perfectly.

i remember the day i came home, i was shaking. i can't remember driving home...my roomate was there, i was covered in blood on my navy top and khaki bottoms *our uniform* even one my shoes. she took one look at me and knew something was wrong.

we had lost a 5 year old girl, she had been a victim of abuse, her ribs broke and punctured her lungs. by the time 911 was called she was fading fast, by the time she got to me she was cpr in progress. her heart restarted only to fail again. we drained the blood from her lungs but it was no use, her little malnourished body was at it's limit and so at 1647 on jan 5th 2010 she left this world...you don't forget those patients...ever.

i barely held it together through the rest of my shift. my roomate made me a strong drink and sat with me while i cried until i had no more tears.

illness, accidents, those are one thing. the misery and suffering caused purposefully by another is a very bitter pill to swallow.
Scarlotte O'Hara chapter 3 . 11/18/2013
haha yes nowaki, not as innocent as we think!
mouseter chapter 9 . 9/6/2013
Wow. This arc was powerful. It's a testament to Nowaki's strength of heart that he can deal with heartaches you inevitably see in hospitals, particularly the emergency ward without losing himself and becoming hardened or jaded. I've always admired Nowaki for it, even though all doctor things Nowaki does is usually offscreen in JR. That the Egoist pair is a give and take relationship no matter what anyone says was shown here beautifully. Hiroki is also always attuned to Nowaki's needs, few they may be and given in a fashion that preserves his pride most of the time ;p Wonderful read!

P.S. I can't believe I read an Egoist fic (no matter how short) where Nowaki has not called Hiro-san adorable! Oh well, I'm sure he was thinking it!
Ros-Poz2 chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
I was just reading your "Uke-Flu" story, and you said to check out "A Thousand Words" because it's so fluffy it will melt your mouth. Well, mission accomplished. My mouth has melted so much that I'm speechless, and I've only read the first chapter! XD
SlythClover chapter 15 . 6/24/2013
Waaaaaah...So thoughtful for your readers ! But we are the ones who should thank you !

When I began this story, I had to read the first line twice to be sure that I really understood that Hiro was in a kitchen ! Not to mention Thanksgiving, I have bugged at this too, for a second. But it is an excellent idea ! Let's happily celebrate worldwide cultures ! :-D

About the exchange between Akihiko and Hiro...Touché, Hiro-san ! It is actually a pleasure to have Akihiko pretty well snapped back for once ! He is such a big mouth.

I'm not finished with all your stories yet, not to mention the other profiles...Geez, you're a true library here !

So, again, thank you Cerberus !
SlythClover chapter 14 . 6/24/2013
That's becoming harder and harder to review your OS on a regular basis, you know, really hard ...Because each one leaves me precisely out of words (sorry for the lame joke, it wasn't even intentional first -sigh...).

This OS is, in fact, one of my favourite, because it sums up most realistic problems between a couple, in a way which, of course, perfectly suits to THIS couple . How to leave space to the other without disappearing completely from his / her sight...Misunderstandings based on silence and body language...And tacit understanding based on silence and body language XD.

And again, a strong leitmotiv in your FF when you focus on Hiro-san : the special care for a few chosen, meaningful words. Which gives, here and always, concise and intense exchanges between both men.

Sigh...

I'll never get tired of reading you :)
SlythClover chapter 10 . 6/7/2013
I can review it at last ! Geez, what a week !

He, he, fitness rooms are pretty useful to describe beautiful sculptural bodies, aren't they ? At least that's what I thought while reading your little story.

That's so nice to see Hiroki and Nowaki depicted in so many different activities. Your work is very inspiring. An always the little messages, such as the public recognition of partners as well as spouses (though I really don't get how the woman could actually know about Nowaki ?).

While imagining Nowaki, his eyes burning from concentration and...frowning (for once XD) under the effort, I was like...wow. It is worth the sport indeed ! Not to mention, of course, the delight to see such a Hiroki, so much in love, who marvels at his dear one without even realizing it...Working out this way is so motivational !

I couldn't help but laugh at the '"trip" part ! What a malediction indeed !

See you soon next chapter !
SlythClover chapter 9 . 5/29/2013
A very quiet and happy ending to a realistic and profound story !

I am surprised that Nowaki introduced Hiroki as his "partner", though I've already said how much I like it :-). I mean, these too are always so discrete about these things (Well, for Nowaki, let's say that he prefers action rather than words XD) ! But that's very nice, with no one making all a useless fuss about it, it was perfectly natural. Seems that our dear Egoist couple have grown up a bit !

Nakano's story is terrible though you ensure your readers that "everything is alright". By the way, I also appreciate that you pointed out the general indifference towards violence, it is very VERY true, so ordinary and yet so despicable. Many drams happen that could be avoided because of it.

And yet, people who decide not to let things happen are often put into trouble, precisely because the behavior of the victims may be so unpredictable that they can decide to cover up the culprits...

Thanks for all the messages you send through your so well written fics :)
SlythClover chapter 8 . 5/28/2013
OK, this chapter has made me cry. Not much from sadeness though than wonder at the beauty of their love.

"He pressed their foreheads together and the two men sat there for a time in quiet communion."

This line is the most beautiful to me. It is not restricted to one's couple love, here. Such a love can be shared by everyone : dear friends, (grand)parents and (grand)children, siblings. It expresses a deep brotherhood. In many spiritualities and groups, this gesture is done when a new incomer is accepted among the members.

You really master the art of expressing the strongest emotions by depicting the most simple touch.

You also master the art of sending the message that silence is often preferable to "a thousand words" ;-). Often, when someone faces a dramatic event, people who don't know what this one is going through say clumsy words, sometimes more to comfort themselves than the other. On the contrary, the one who knows says nothing, but rather invites the distressed one for a walk or a cup of coffee, or just lets him in peace, because it is often the most appropriate.
SlythClover chapter 7 . 5/28/2013
The very first time I read this chapter, I thought Nowaki had to face the death of a child during an intervention.

It took me as much time as Hiroki to get what he meant, and I felt as if something very heavy was falling down my stomach.

And yet, since this is part of reality, especially in hospitals, you are right to have pointed it out.

At least, Nowaki is lucky to have someone to turn to ! By the way, well done with Hiro's point of view, since he is the one who has to comfort his "giant", and with Nowaki's vulnerabilty. We can feel it all. As many have said before, I wish I could hug him too.