Reviews for Wishing on a Star
Kanata Fujiwara chapter 18 . 12/11/2012
I'm not sure what other people wrote about your story, but I liked it a lot. It's definitely mature and possibly disturbing subject matter and not for the faint of heart—that much is true—but I think it's a good eye-opener for people who have never experienced that kind of abuse and therefore have no idea what it's really like or how to approach such a problem. I know that writing is therapeutic and helps people solve many problems, so Lilly (or BB; forgive me, but I don't know which of you posted this last bit), please don't stop writing, no matter what anyone says. I wish you'd keep posting on FFN, but that's your decision to make, not mine. Could you maybe add a link to your profile so that I can read the Blogger continuation?

I don't really know what else to say except that I'm sorry. I'm sorry that this happened to you and that it happens to countless other people. I'm sorry the Trek community was so unwelcoming to your story and that you now feel led to continue it elsewhere. And I'm sorry that people in the world can't muster up the courage, love, and compassion to at least lend an ear to a person in that kind of pain. I hope you get a more positive respone on Blogger and that the people who read this story will keep Lilly Connor in mind should they ever come across a person in this situation.

Live long and prosper, both of you.
-K. F.
Lucy-Cakes chapter 18 . 12/11/2012
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I don't think it's because people don't care, it's just they don't always know what to say that's appropriate. I've written on difficult issues too and rarely get reviews, but I think that's just how people are. Please let me know where you're finishing the story, I'd love to read the rest. Sorry for my lack of response recently - I'm a final year university student so I'm pretty flaked out all the time x
AyaRiddle chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
I have been raped by a guy I met on the way home from school. Many times. It still hurts and my life hasn't been the same. I got into Trek because of it :) I have the characters in my dreams. Reading this has made me realise I'm not alone in my suffering. Thank you. Great story I wish I had Trek characters to run to :) I might write a story of my own experiences. If I do, I hope you and Lilly will be able to read it
Lucy-Cakes chapter 15 . 11/15/2012
Hey, sorry I've not had chance to catch up on reading recently. Thank you so much for the last few chapters. I'm sorry they're so hard to write, but you're doing a wonderful job x
Roxie Seine chapter 15 . 11/13/2012
Can't wait to see why Deanna's mom's there. And did I review the last chapter? If not, I guess I better get crackin'. BTW I really hope you continue this story. From what I read in the reviews, it sounds like you're not, out of respect for your friend. I definitely respect that. I'm going to read her story now, hopefully she's posted a new chapter. To go through what she's gone through, and knowing this is all a true story? It's sickening. I want to support her. It takes a lot of courage to be so honest and share your story so publicly. It must be hard on her not having people with the guts to comment. I can understand people being too sissy to comment publicly (because I understand stupid people) but they could comment anon, or via private messaging. Duh.
Random reviewer chapter 15 . 11/4/2012
Forgive us... It's a pretty hard story to review. I appreciate you, your writing is very well done, the story is... Intriguing. There's not much else to say about it. It's heartbreaking and it makes me cry, and if you stop writing, it'll seriously freak me out not to know what happens. I've grown attached to Lilly.
Guest chapter 15 . 11/1/2012
Really great writing! This is the only fanfic I'd ever read that is so... Violent(how would I describe this...?..) because the writing is great! I found it sort of odd that Lilly went from hating (or at least being afraid of them) to suddenly going out to ice cream with them. But I guess it's all part of the ride! Can't wait for the next chapter! :)
Guest chapter 14 . 11/1/2012
Whoa...gruesome.. But still super interesting!
mirrormirror2 chapter 15 . 11/1/2012
Hey, I can't help it that no one else is reading "your" story. Either they're lazy, or your writing sucks. Or both. If neither were true, you'd have more reviews. I wouldn't even bother writing if I were you. I wouldn't be writing my story at all, except that I literally need to. But you? I know you spend a lot of time on this because you tell me about it all the time. If you're not being respected here, I would just stop. It'd be too soul crushing for me. Just because people are lazy as hell is no excuse for them to be flat out rude to you. Maybe if everyone took their stories away readers would realize how important their feedback is. It's like paying for a book. It's giving something back for what the author has given you. To not do so is just inexcuseable. Inexcusable. People may try to justify it all they want, I'm sure people who read my writing here will be offended (if they're guilty) but at the end of the day they're trying to justify being greedy and selfish and lazy. When I read a story, or a chapter I review it. If I've made it to the end of the chapter I review it. It's only right. In the short time I've been on this site, that's something I've noticed- that no one reviews much of anything. Inconsiderate, rude and lazy if you ask me. If someone is taking the time to write something and you're taking the time to read it, you need to review. It's like reading a book in a bookstore and not paying for it. It's rude to the artist who's writing. But, you know how I feel about stupid people BB, there's lots of them in this world. I'll take over if you want, but I wouldn't bother to continue writing if no one's reading/ or reviewing. You deserve better than that, my friend. You do.
mirrormirror2 chapter 14 . 10/30/2012
You're right. If you'd asked me to write what happened because it was too hard for you, I'd have kicked your ass, BB. Totally. I've got my own **** to deal with. I'll shed no tears for you because you find something hard to hear about or write about. I'm getting to stuff at the moment, dealing with crap I'd rather not. I should have caught my story up to what's actually going on right now- which is exactly why I began using ST as a tool. You'll see what I mean. I havent' updated my blog because I've been so busy dealing, or not dealing with crap.
Guest chapter 12 . 10/26/2012
Wow this is really intense, yet so interesting! I really hope Lilly's life is improved soon! Update soon!
Commander Fluffy chapter 12 . 10/24/2012
Wow...that's all I have to say, really. I can't believe human beings would be that horrible. You do a really good job bringing the story to life, and I think it's a really good eye-opener for people, especially those who are (consciously and unconsciously) naiive or indifferent towards it. Maybe at the end you could link to some resources for girls going through similar things. In the meantime, please keep updating!
reader22 chapter 12 . 10/24/2012
I'm glad you brought Tasha into the story. Of all the people on the Enterprise, Tasha Yar would understand rape culture. Maybe bring in Major Kira from DS9 or even Picard since he's been tortured as well. N' if this is an example of your bad writing, well i can't even think of how this story could be made any better
Lucy-Cakes chapter 12 . 10/24/2012
This is so well written, please keep going! x
Random reviewer chapter 11 . 10/16/2012
My name is Lilly... That just weirds me out! I've never liked my name, but this character kinda lends a little more dignity to it in my mind. You're a really good writer! Emotions like these are infinitely hard to convey if you haven't felt them (I know cuz I never get them right). Keep up the good work!