Reviews for Get Out Alive
Guest chapter 12 . 12/6/2013
I just read all of this and it was great. A little unclear why Haymitch's family and Emaleigh were killed, but a great story.
Guest chapter 12 . 6/19/2013
great story. not too long and draggy yet showed haymitch's transformation
bluejellooranges chapter 12 . 5/31/2013
...that was so sad...Poor Haymitch. *Virtual hugs Haymitch*

To Maddie Rose, wonderful job from start to finish! If someone said this was the true version of Haymitch's story, I would believe it cause it's written so well and you express his emotions realistically.

Looking forward to seeing other works from you!
The Jade Unicorn chapter 12 . 4/28/2013
Although i've had reservations with the descriptions and Haymitch's character at the start of the games, this is a great ending - made me understand why Haymitch became the person he is.
The Jade Unicorn chapter 5 . 4/28/2013
I liked your portrayal of the other tributes, especially the ones from district 12. But, Haymitch's character needs some serious work. From what you wrote, it makes me feel he's more of a girl, not the boy with the bright and dangerous eyes.

In the book, he got away from the concupia with supplies, set it on himself to move deeper into the forest and didn't worry so much about supplies, but about what lay at the edge of the arena. That's the aura of a true victor - a person who doesn't just worry about the other tributes, thirst or hunger, but thinks of winning the games.

I'm also disappointed at how you described the arena, its scant and insufficient. Sorry, but you need to rewrite this to bring out its true potential
Gamemaker97 chapter 12 . 1/3/2013
Great story, great (and rather emotional) ending. Some parts might not quite add up with the version of events described in Catching Fire, but this didn't take anything away from the story. I loved it :)
Guest chapter 12 . 12/20/2012
this story was really great...the only 2 mistakes i noticed were 1. in the book it says the three people haymitch fought were careers, not from the outside districts, and 2. haymitch was not on the mountain when it erupted into a volcano, he was on the other side of the arena in the woods. But i did like the way you described the four careers getting overtaken by the lava.
True Love's Kis5 chapter 12 . 11/20/2012
...interesting ending, though not as long as I would have liked, it's not bad either
Ominoire chapter 12 . 11/19/2012
Powerful things go on in this story. After reading the whole series, I can say I understand Haymitch's character a bit more than I did before. I also liked that you gave us a list of tributes at the first chapter. I found myself looking over it whenever a death was mentioned throughout the story. Overall, you did a great job writing this out and I'm glad I got a chance to look this piece over. Thank you, just thank you for existing you wonderful thing.
TimeShard13 chapter 11 . 9/14/2012
That was a really touching story. I loved it.
Darth Rapture chapter 11 . 9/9/2012
Wow that was pretty powerful stuff. I'm really beginning to see why Haymitch turns to alcohol now and I think I know what's going to happen in the epilogue...
memingers chapter 11 . 9/9/2012
... And it's over. Amazing job, I loved it! I can't really say anything, I'm just very happy.
Radio Free Death chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
It begins a bit predictably, in that it treads similar ground that others have already crossed. Tribute wakes up in the morning to a reaping day, eats breakfast, has a single parent and a younger sibling, and somewhere in it there's the introduced love interest. It just goes by extremely quickly. We barely get a glimpse of these characters and then the reaping starts and by the end of it all, the other characters become irrelevant.

The namedropping for the Mellarks makes the D12 a lot smaller than it should be, as it implies that everybody knew everybody else for this to make some kind of impact.

Yes, we as readers know what’s gonna happen in this story, but that doesn’t mean make it so stock and overly predictable.

The list is irrelevant. Don’t dump information out like this; put it in the story itself.

I wish I could have more positive things to say, but so far it failed to impress, as so far it starts with heavy-handed cliches. :(
BackBoys96 chapter 10 . 8/22/2012
Oh my gosh I love this story so much! Haymitch has always been my favorite character, so I absolutely love getting toread your story and see the games for his POV. You also have an incredible imagination for being able to think of all the characters and most of the story line for the 50th Hunger Games on your own, as they did not go into much detail in the book. So creative and interesting! Thank you for sharing your talent of writing with all of us! Update soon, please! :)
Darth Rapture chapter 10 . 8/22/2012
Oh wow...Maysilee and Zeke both dead in one chapter...honestly her death was hard to read, although I knew it was coming. Zeke...heh. Can't say that I regret him going, and it's funny to see how he was the tribute taken out by carnivorous squirrels.