Reviews for encroachment
mk109 chapter 1 . 1/15
This was amazing! I love Morty and this was just a perfect story!
scntlla chapter 1 . 1/6
Extremely well-written, and such interesting ideas that I would never be able to think of. One of my favorite Morty fanfics out there! A great read, honestly.
Shadow'sDelight chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
Beautiful written and played out.
I enjoyed reading every word of your story.
Wonderful job.
ChocolateTeapot chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
This story is awesome. It's really sad at times, but it never becomes overblown. The themes are very interesting and I particularly like Morty's interaction with his father.

The way second person is used is really impressive. I normally find it very distracting, but here it just flows with the text. The style is just great in general too.

My favourite parts are how Morty affects Ecruteak.
Tyler Willis chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
This is the first thing I've ever read that was in second person. I'm a little embarrassed, but I didn't even realize it was using "you" until I had nearly reached the end. It was a new, enjoyable experience, and lead me to try and find more of your second person stories. (I have them open in tabs, but have not yet gotten to read them)

This was the second story of your's I've read (the first being The Herder They Come). At the time, I wasn't sure if you were a good writer, or just did a good job with the story I read first; as I read this, I knew you were without a doubt an exceptional author.

One of my favorite parts of this story is when Matsuba-kun asks his dad why he's stayed in Ecruteak as this time. The answer you gave, I think it portrayed the emotions of the situation undeniably well, and was believable beyond a doubt.

I also like how you make a mention of Gold, and how you have Matsuba-kun acting a little vindictive by establishing a gym (or am I the only one who sees him that way when he makes the call.)

There's a lot more I would say, but it's more my opinions then actual review of your fabulous work. I'm happy you wrote this, and I agree completely with whomever gave you this prompt. Your writing style goes well with Matsuba-kun.

One final note about this story: WOW! IT WAS AWESOME!
Tiny Cherie chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Urgh. This fic is so heartwrenching ;_;
yootena chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
This was a beautiful, detailed, and profound character study of Morty. He's one of my favourite gym leaders too. I loved the writing style and how damn creative this is, with all the sage and family stuff. I love, love, love this. Great job!

lepeanutbutter
Ivy.Lunar.Reid chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
wow, really, that was wow. This character study of Morty was well in depth enough that Morty appeared more realistic. Great job!
Padfoot Arcanine chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Gah, I loved this so much. I think you did an awesome job writing this. Keep up the great work!
Anon chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
Another great story! I love it when you do character studies, it always adds a little something to a character and makes me look at them in a different manner. Beautifully written, I'd love to see you do different characters!
SnowKiter chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
This. I love this. You have an absolutely beautiful writing style and I have never, ever seen anything pulled off in second-person on this entire website so well. Ever. I was literally hypnotized by the poetic and flowing natural cadence of the words while reading this work and you have captured Morty's character and his relations with others in an unbelievablly realistic and amazing way. I really can't say anything else other than the fact you are an awesome writer and this is going on my favorites and you have made me love Morty even more. Kudos to you~ :D

Anyways, keep writing and have a nice day~ .
Keltena chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
I'm the one who requested this and... brb squeeing. This is amazing, and I love it.

I especially enjoyed Morty's interactions with his father, but I also love his character development. There's something about the image of a young Morty sneaking out to see the sages and his desperation to belong that's so gripping. My favorite part is probably your take on his inability to be Ho-Oh's chosen one: it's because it was a destiny chosen for him by someone else. I'd never thought about it that way, but it makes a great deal of sense and lends a nice optimistic feel to the ending. New headcanon, perhaps...

Thanks for writing this! It's really a fantastic character study, and a great read overall.
CoffeeIncluded chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
This was...Wow. This was beautiful.