Reviews for The Ghost of Insecurities
thefangirl05 chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
Okay. Mixed review here, because while I am a huge fan of Daemon and Surreal and enjoy their encounters (for better or for worse), I couldn't completely get into this one. Throughout the entire series one of the main themes has been males keeping careful track of female temperament and changes. There's no way that Daemon would have been so oblivious to Surreal's unhappiness, or that Lucivar wouldn't have noticed either (and where is he in all of this anyway?) Also Surreal herself would not let her emotions get to that level without finding some kind of outlet. And that's not even bringing in the kindred (like the Scelties) who have no problems tattling if they think something is wrong with one of their 'flock'.

All that being said, I appreciate the alternate character study and glimpse into a possible scenario of what Surreal's mindset could've been. :) And I hope that you continue to write more BJT fan fics. :)
Ica013 chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
I know the High Lord's daughter divided the fans somewhat. I personally didn't have a problem with Daemon and Surreal getting together but was a little disappointed in the actual telling of the journey.

You certainly provided more of what I felt was missing which was some real self examination, more of the conflict within themselves and an explanation of action so thanks!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
Absolutely brilliant! I cried so much for Surreal! I never believed that she could be satisfied with Daemon, the way things were left. I especially hated that Daemon needed permission to love Surreal - she deserved so much more.

You harnessed Surreal's feelings so well. Completely believable!

kleinerkater chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
"Little Jaenelle (it was important that she make the distinction in her head) had her delicately pointed ears, but that was it. Her heritage had been used to create Little Jaenelle and her body was the vessel, but Surreal had merely been used as a surrogate so that Witch could give Daemon the child that Jaenelle Angelline's mortal body couldn't carry. She truly believed that, and it burned in her gut like rotgut whiskey, making her queasy."

I started crying when i read those lines and didn't stop until the end. What a wonderful story! Really, you just helped every single one to be in character again. And i love you for that. Thank you so much for writing the story and yeah, thank you for the deep feelings.

Surreal deserves this and so much more. I loved when you mentioned Saetan and how she would miss him - that, too, was much to short mentioned in the last book.

So thank you again and i hope you will write more about the Black Jewels - you weave the spell so well, i didn't recognize i don't read the original book. :)
kaelys chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
J'adore :-)

Thank. I have just finished Twilight Dawn and I was quite stunned by the end. I really like what you did in such a little chapter (maybe not this short but it feels like that... a bit too short :-)).

Surreal, her doubts, the ghost of Jaenelle, of Witch... Oh god, I love this character. Her link with Daemon.

I still think that naming their Daughter Jaenelle is not as sane as it seems to be.

Merci

kaelys
dancingwithinbrokendreams chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
Amazing story. Great use of dialogue and imagery. Wish there was more.
Liisiko chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
This is amazing. Twilight's Dawn should have had something like this, really. Surreal's emotions were heart breakingly real for someone in that situation. She shows signs of serious depression, something that I rarely see portrayed correctly in fiction.

I also really like how you show that Daemon really did grow to love her and doesn't just view her as a replacement for what he lost. That needed to be said by him at some point.

Good work. I'm totally blown away by this.
ebonygrayqueen chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
Absolutely beautiful. I have no idea why there are so few reviews for this story, its perfect. You nailed Surreal dead on, and Daemon sounded as sexy and wonderful as ever (though maybe i wouldn't have minded if he was topless at some point) Surreal was always my favorite character, so to see this side of her was kind of bringing the store full circle, its how she started in Daughter of the Blood, and it makes sense that Daemon would be the one to help her overcome her fears.

Fantastic job!
KLMeri chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
THANK. YOU.

Thank you. Truly. Surreal needs some closure because she didn't get it in Twilight's Dawn. Daemon will always be the man she felt for - in a myriad of ways - and the man that belonged to Jaenelle Angelline. To be honest, they were fooling themselves to get married in the first place, on the premise that they had a child together. That left so much lacking in their relationship as a husband and wife (not to mention the ghost of Jaenelle lingering between them, as you so aptly described). We needed this look. If they want to love each other romantically, it would take brutal honest, trust, and honest-to-God hard work.

Did I mention that I loved this? It had angst for all the right reasons.
lethe2011 chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Very good! This makes so much more sense to me than the smarmy sentimentalism of Twilight's Dawn ending. I just did not see Surreal suddenly becoming happy with being the perfect Stepford Wife after being such a kick-ass character in previous books. I still don't like the pairing, but this is a great explanation that feels logical.