Reviews for If I Were A Boy
chromeknickers chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
Very interesting string of vignettes and, of course, I love that it ended with Rayne. :)
gnbrules chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
Very interesting! Took me a moment to understand the concept, but it was great once I did. :)
Roxie i do byte chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
lol that was good i like that song and u fit it to the story in a way that was funni and shpwes wat they g thru lol
LittleMender chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
I really liked this. I had to read it twice because it's late and my brain is gorram fried. So, I reread it, and everything clicked.

Loved Inara - "She blinked" - and the way all of them slid into being a boy and then were kind of startled to come back to themselves. Sometimes women do feel like they have to hide the part of them that's sensual and bold and wild and even hurting. I love this song, and it was ingenious for you to have them sort of camouflage themselves in this way.

I liked Zoe combining her girlie slinky dress with her boy's shirt, and I liked that when the others came out of hiding, their respective men had an appreciation for it, even if they didn't quite understand it.

Great little one-shot, Frisky Firelily!
Cede-Lede chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Awesome!

I think my favorite part was Zoe stoic behavior being due to her need to be taken seriously and seen as a professional.

That and the very end with River and Jayne's momentous occasion. Because, shipper! ;)
DixonVixen93 chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
This was really good!

The words you included with the lyrics fit together perfectly.

Great work!

-Orwell
goddessofbirth chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Aw, love! So true, too. I'm not usually a fan of songfic, but this is, as always, done in your amazingly wonderful style...