Reviews for Return to Hinamizawa
Draugur chapter 57 . 12/11/2014
This bit about Nomura is one of the very few parts of your story that I don't like too well, because it makes Nomura look like a pawn of Tokyo, while in the original story she's a powerful mastermind who knows how to manipulate and use people for her purposes. She would never have to do something like that herself. Maybe you know already, but at the end of the original Matsuribayashi sound novel there's a note which strongly indicates that Nomura will erase every word in the final report about the incident that could possibly rouse suspicion about her or any other Tokyo masterminds.

Otherwise, I'm excited about the current chapter and every time there's an update, I make sure to read it as soon as possible.
Draugur chapter 61 . 12/11/2014
This is a great chapter. For me, personally, the scenes in the tunnels of the Sonozaki estate are among the best in the whole story. There's a lot of suspense in them and it gives me the creeps to imagine walking around there. By the way, in the seventh paragraph there's "granpda" instead of "grandpa".
ReadingForever chapter 60 . 12/2/2014
So I finally finished reading these sixty chapter. This is an excellent story, and I'm glad I found it. It's like a real Higurashi sequel!

And what fun would a Higurashi sequel be without speculation, huh.

So, I think that it's very likely the main culprit or whatever you may call it really is the Kanahebi. However the people involved isn't only one. I have three different suspects, and I'm sure one or more are involved in this, and even if they're not involved with the Kanahebi, they still have a hand in the tragedies.

Excellent story! Let's see how it goes!
One is Sonozaki Saburou.
Two is Gorou the butler.
And three is Teramachi Mikoto.

Almost all the incidents can be solved with one of those names. Just to name a few, it's evry likely Saburou dealt with the missing file, which in turn maybe had some information about Mikoto, or abuot Miaka's real parents. He's also trusted by Akane, so it would't be strange she told him some pieces of sensitive information about her family.

Mikoto's dead body and the missing car could easily be solved by her faking her death. Same with Miaka's Syndrome, as she's the only character so far who was close enough to her to do it.

The matters about the tunnels and Oryou's knife could be chalked up to Gorou. He's the butler, and from what I see, seems to have enough leeway to be relatively trusted. It's rather possible he had a hand in all this.

Aaaaand...yeah, that's all I have in my mind right now.

E
Taiboss chapter 58 . 10/28/2014
I can see the ending. Mami and Miaka, full yandere syndrom-induced bitch fight to the death.

It will be glorious.

On another note, I don't know if you changed it, or I just didn't notice, but please don't use 'sis', but Onee-chan and similar. This is a very japanese story, after all, no need for localisations.
Isae chapter 57 . 9/28/2014
Tomitake does have some interesting things to say. I always wondered what he was up to in the other arcs.

So these are the Misoras. I'll try to keep track of who they all are.

And I'm not 100% sure, but I thought Miyuki's married name was Sorimachi?
Taiboss chapter 57 . 9/28/2014
Are they dead yet? No? Well, that means I have to post another review.

Tomitake will die. Tomitake always dies.

So, Takano is 'dead' I doubt that as much as everyone else's death. I'll hold on the theory that Kumiko is Witness-protected Takano.

"Yes, I slept with her." I find it funny, how, in a story of murder, death, rape, dismemberment, despair, etc, the face that one of the MC has had sex surprises me so much.

Otherwise, great chapter.
Isae chapter 56 . 9/21/2014
I wonder if Akito's learning the truth will cause him to get the Syndrome down the line.

In any case, I hope Tomitake has some juicy info to share.
Taiboss chapter 55 . 9/3/2014
A mysterious woman meeting with Naoya. Friends keeping secrets from each other. Suspicions and lies. The plot thickens and we have no idea how much. Keep going. After all, it can only end in death.
Isae chapter 55 . 9/1/2014
Wow. For the relatively little drama going on in this chapter, there sure are a lot of significant-seeming little things happening. Too bad I don't know what any of them mean.

I hope things continue to get better for you. And I wish you good luck in writing the rest of this very ambitious story. :)

(By the way, this has almost nothing to do with anything, but I've heard the Japanese translation of The Lord of the Rings is very good!)
The Messenger Crow chapter 51 . 9/1/2014
I’ll be completely honest, having ignored my inbox for the good part of this past summer I was expecting a lot of random stuff to have to sift through, but I never would’ve expected a whopping eight chapters of RTH would’ve gone up in that time. I’m also glad to see that all my blatant advertising to my Cicadas readers seems to have finally paid off in this review section since most of them are now here, so RTH is now getting at least a portion of the attention it deserves.

Alright, so let’s get started. At the moment I’ve gotten through everything up to the start of the next arc. I could very, very easily just abandon all restraint and keep going, but then I have to reread everything anyway so I’m going to hold off a little just for now.

The actual conclusion of this arc is probably one of the best scenes in the entire story thus far. Saki suspecting the people she had to directly rely on is a rather apparent callback to her mother’s own arc (as well as several other things I’m planning to address in a future review), and Naoya’s newfound strength to actually get shit done when someone he cares about is at risk is at least a little indicative of his. Akito’s development here couldn’t have gone better despite how he ultimately cracks at the end, and knowing that this next arc is narrated by him particularly there’s all kinds of light that could be shed on some of the questionable aspects of his character as shown in this arc.

Calling back to elimination poker at the end here makes it seem almost entirely sure that the fifth eight from before plays into this conclusion in some way, so when I do my re-read I’ll try to look into it a little further.

So yeah, that re-read is finally happening. Look forward to the three page long review I’m going to be cooking up for it.
Isae chapter 54 . 8/31/2014
Congratulations on 100 reviews for RtH. :)

Okay, I guess Akito doesn't think Miaka's as crazy as I thought. Well, that's something!

So one mystery leads right to another. The details of Miaka's birth always were pretty mysterious, though.

Don't know what to make of Karen. (I never do.)
Taiboss chapter 53 . 7/27/2014
So, yeah, we entered Arc 4 aka .the "I killed everyone arc" or something. Miaka remembering things certainly makes for an interesting storyline, especially from Akito's perspective. Since this is an question arc, it is only a question of time until they all die. But that doesn't matter! Because I like despair!

So keep goingm, you will eventually finish!
Shadow Typer97 chapter 53 . 7/23/2014
So, the truth is finally revealing itself little by little. I bet Maika is related to Rena somehow.
Isae chapter 53 . 7/20/2014
So it seems Miaka can remember things from other worlds...Very interesting. Too bad Akito thinks she's crazy now, but I suspect that will change before too long. As long as he doesn't think she had something to do with the murder.

Oh, and Kotone's being ill. If that was mentioned before in the story, I missed it. Anyway, I wonder what happened with her.

Anzu, huh? Any relation to the Anzuhara mentioned in Part III?
Isae chapter 52 . 7/15/2014
Okay, so I just finished rereading the whole story (phew!). I must say that I'm really enjoying it so far and truly hope that you do someday finish it. I'm intrigued.

I just wanted to let you know that I plan on being here, reading faithfully, until the conclusion (hopefully).