Reviews for A Glass Darkly
xX Feathered Xx chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
whoa. that was completely unexpected.
Iroh?
Not Ozai?
That's new...
Nonimus chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
Oh, wow, oh wow. I'll admit, I didn't see that one coming even though I was prepared for it better than some.

Having some understanding of the title, I was prepared to see some well-known character from the side of good turn out much differently, to say the least. Still, it took me by surprise at the reveal. I actually read the last two lines without quite processing them and then had to stop and just go "Wait-what?"

You manage to deliver an amazing range of emotions in a fairly short piece. From horror about Toph's toes to fear for Mai and Ty Lee to sympathy for Suki and Sokka and Katara.

Over all? Very, very nice.

Nonimus
Nana707 chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
This was...wow. Just wow. I was sure the narrator was Iroh, so I had to re-read it to see if I missed something. How you wrote this, how you portrayed the characters, is simply amazing. To see Ozai be the one fighting against the Fire Nation for a chance, for Iroh to be the bloodthirsty Fire Lord, it was a wonderful experience.

I love Iroh, really I do, but for the situations to be changed is a concept fascinating, something I would love to see more of. All in all, I look forward to reading more of your work.

Nana
Foxfier chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
The only thing I would change is this line: "Because he's my brother."

Change it to "he is" and the weight of the words hits you like lead blocks.
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
hmm. interesting look at what-could-have-been.
KringelImKopf chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
So first of all the thing you already saw multiple times;I was totally suprised by the twist,but the same time,its an interesting and understandeble thing,its "Funny" how Ihro got far wider with dominating the world than his brother would,

I mean cutting of toes from Toph(that got me shaking,Im very connected with my ones).The concept of kid solidiers is something that I always was thinking about when it came to the AangGroup(and of course also Azula,Ty Lee,Mai and the Kyoshi girls).

Its a wonderful piece,and I would like to hear more from this AU.

My favorite part is the ones where Ozai says he is my brother and Toph and Aang do not understand but:"But he sees Katara look at Sokka,watches him take her hand and hold on across from them is deathly still."
The Queen's Fabler chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Mind blown... all this time I thought it was Iroh who was narrating the story, and it ends up being Ozai.

Fantastic, it defiantly threw me into a loop.
DarkestTruth chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
THAT WAS ONE HECK OF A TWIST.

I was expecting Iroh, you know, and then...

"Leave Iroh to me."

Nuuuu, teaman, where did you go wrong?
Canadalchemist chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
...I gotta admit, that one took me totally by surprise. Nice job :)
athenaswings chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
asdfhjkldasdfhjkl

Wow. And here I thought it was Iroh.

"Ozai closes his eyes then and breathes out heavily.

"Leave Iroh to me.""

Those two lines did it for me. And somehow I think that the Avatar world would e much much more terrifying if the dragon of the west was firelord.
Moon Howling Banshee chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
Ooh, I want more, please! From the start, maybe? About why Iroh went bad?
destroying tokyo chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Oh, man, twisted. You got me with those last two lines.

Great fic.
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
well, that was a twist. loved it.
namjai chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
An interesting what-if story, especially the notion that if Iroh were the bad brother, things could be so much worse.
Lucrezia6565 chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Ingenuous twist; I was convinced that it was Iroh up until the very end...and even then, for a short moment, I confess that I didn't get it and wondered if I had missed something (I'm blond - what do you expect? XD ), so I read it again, and guess what...? It was even better the second time.

Very, very well executed. You get extra points for originality :)
43 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »