Reviews for A Glass Darkly
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Holy crap what? I see what you meant by Mirrorverse. I did not see that coming. At all. Here I was thinking it was Iroh the whole time, and then BAM! It turns out the POV was Ozai's. Kudos anyway.
xX Feathered Xx chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
whoa. that was completely unexpected.
Not Ozai?
That's new...
Nonimus chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
Oh, wow, oh wow. I'll admit, I didn't see that one coming even though I was prepared for it better than some.

Having some understanding of the title, I was prepared to see some well-known character from the side of good turn out much differently, to say the least. Still, it took me by surprise at the reveal. I actually read the last two lines without quite processing them and then had to stop and just go "Wait-what?"

You manage to deliver an amazing range of emotions in a fairly short piece. From horror about Toph's toes to fear for Mai and Ty Lee to sympathy for Suki and Sokka and Katara.

Over all? Very, very nice.

Nana707 chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
This Just wow. I was sure the narrator was Iroh, so I had to re-read it to see if I missed something. How you wrote this, how you portrayed the characters, is simply amazing. To see Ozai be the one fighting against the Fire Nation for a chance, for Iroh to be the bloodthirsty Fire Lord, it was a wonderful experience.

I love Iroh, really I do, but for the situations to be changed is a concept fascinating, something I would love to see more of. All in all, I look forward to reading more of your work.

Foxfier chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
The only thing I would change is this line: "Because he's my brother."

Change it to "he is" and the weight of the words hits you like lead blocks.
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
hmm. interesting look at what-could-have-been.
KringelImKopf chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
So first of all the thing you already saw multiple times;I was totally suprised by the twist,but the same time,its an interesting and understandeble thing,its "Funny" how Ihro got far wider with dominating the world than his brother would,

I mean cutting of toes from Toph(that got me shaking,Im very connected with my ones).The concept of kid solidiers is something that I always was thinking about when it came to the AangGroup(and of course also Azula,Ty Lee,Mai and the Kyoshi girls).

Its a wonderful piece,and I would like to hear more from this AU.

My favorite part is the ones where Ozai says he is my brother and Toph and Aang do not understand but:"But he sees Katara look at Sokka,watches him take her hand and hold on across from them is deathly still."
The Queen's Fabler chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Mind blown... all this time I thought it was Iroh who was narrating the story, and it ends up being Ozai.

Fantastic, it defiantly threw me into a loop.
DarkestTruth chapter 1 . 3/4/2012

I was expecting Iroh, you know, and then...

"Leave Iroh to me."

Nuuuu, teaman, where did you go wrong?
Canadalchemist chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
...I gotta admit, that one took me totally by surprise. Nice job :)
athenaswings chapter 1 . 1/20/2012

Wow. And here I thought it was Iroh.

"Ozai closes his eyes then and breathes out heavily.

"Leave Iroh to me.""

Those two lines did it for me. And somehow I think that the Avatar world would e much much more terrifying if the dragon of the west was firelord.
Moon Howling Banshee chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
Ooh, I want more, please! From the start, maybe? About why Iroh went bad?
destroying tokyo chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Oh, man, twisted. You got me with those last two lines.

Great fic.
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
well, that was a twist. loved it.
namjai chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
An interesting what-if story, especially the notion that if Iroh were the bad brother, things could be so much worse.
44 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »