Reviews for A Glass Darkly
Lucrezia6565 chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Ingenuous twist; I was convinced that it was Iroh up until the very end...and even then, for a short moment, I confess that I didn't get it and wondered if I had missed something (I'm blond - what do you expect? XD ), so I read it again, and guess what...? It was even better the second time.

Very, very well executed. You get extra points for originality :)
J the Drafter chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Well, the parallels between Ozai and Iroh are certainly amusing, but I was interested in the description you give of the Gaang as child soldiers. The part about Toph's missing toes was especially jolting, since she tends to value her feet so much. I can certainly see Iroh being a bad guy, (it can be surmised-if one wishes-that Iroh had some arrogance in his younger days) but I wonder what forces could temper Ozai's canonical greed and cruelty. Of course, I know I'm overthinking things. I appreciate and admire how you portrayed a wider world through this one scene. Incidentally, you have annymous reviews disabled. Is that intentional?
Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
AW! *U* WOW! This is AMAZING! *U* One of the coolest, most imaginative, most beautiful fics I've ever seen! *U* *U* Rock on! Gosh, the changes, the insight, the glory, the fate of the kids and their world...! *U* WOW! Would you be able to give me a little insight into why you amended what you did? I'd LOVE to hear it! *U* WOW! *U* Rock on! The emotion is wrapped so tightly here, and I love it more than anything! *U* Rock on!
AGirlWonder chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
"Ozai closes his eyes then and breathes out heavily.

'Leave Iroh to me.'"

I was actually going to ask you if you goofed here. Then I went back to the top of the page, and caught a few of the earlier lines, and magically got it. Damn, you're good. (Also, this is really sad.)
Ocean's Nocturne of the COCA chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Did NOT see that coming! This is so good!

~emyx
yourfriendlyneighborhoodturtle chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
So cool! I entertained the idea that Ozai was the narrator for moment, but then dismissed the idea. Good story. It would be really cool if you elaborated on this idea of this mirror universe. Like, this could be the prolouge, and you could go all the way back to when Aang just get's discovered from the iceberg.
zubiesoup chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
0.o wow

I did not see that coming.

Well done.
Nukenin chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Wow, talk about a surprise ending! I completely believed it was Iroh with them right up to the last sentence. Yet at the same time I can see too, how a dark Iroh would be even more terrifying as Fire Lord, how much more he could devastate. A fabulous snippet and one that would be really interesting to explore further.
Strumwulf chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Nice bait and switch.
Summer Leigh Wind chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Amazing, I hadn't realized they were talking about Iroh until the very end.
Chalayyy chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
That was incredible! Such a good twist.
Darkness' Forbidden Scribe chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
HOLY CRIPES.

I did not expect that at ALL. Ohmygod you blew my mind.
TheBlueFoxtrot A Samba chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Oh. My word. I didn't see that coming at all. Ozai? Wow.
GirlWaterShaman chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Ahhh I was *not* expecting that! :D Brilliant.
44 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3