Reviews for What a Fine Life
Galinda V. Maxwell chapter 10 . 11/1/2014
Wonderful finale!
Ealasaid Una chapter 10 . 9/21/2012
awesome story. i love this chapter.
CrazyReader1899 chapter 9 . 9/14/2012
nice
Ealasaid Una chapter 9 . 9/13/2012
Mush told Aces that he liked her. Is she really ok? Race is worry about her. will there be a brother/sister moment? Kate is like by Race's parents. good chapter
Ealasaid Una chapter 8 . 9/9/2012
Ace and Mush like each other. i think ace and spot would make good friends only. Is ace going to be ok?
Ealasaid Una chapter 7 . 8/29/2012
you updated. So does Race's Parents get to meet shy soon?
Ealasaid Una chapter 2 . 8/29/2012
good chapter
Ealasaid Una chapter 6 . 8/12/2011
wow now the newsies now know who Race and Ace really are. I glad that most of their friends stay with them.
Ealasaid Una chapter 5 . 8/12/2011
poor Amy and Kate just to see what they saw would be hard.
Joker is Poker with a J chapter 4 . 8/2/2011
Protective older brothers, ugh. Not that either of mine are real protective lol. But, still. I feel like Spot and Race just like to threaten each other haha. Good job, just tone down the newsie accents and I can't wait to read the rally part! :)

Joker is Poker with a J chapter 3 . 8/2/2011
Hmm, Kate knew about Spot but she told Amy she had no siblings in the last chapter. I wouldn't say it was rushed, but it seems like everythings already laid out on the table (besides Race and Aces double life which I LOVE btw lol) It'll be funny to see how that comes out! :) Otherwise, good chapter. Onto the next!

Joker is Poker with a J chapter 2 . 8/2/2011
Good chapter, I like Aces. She's a smart-ass like her brother :) I also like how you use right slang for the time period i.e.: 'cheese it' and 'gussied up' are a few that stand out! It was a little confusing that you were going to have Kate stay at the girl's lodging house and now that she's got the job with Medda she's staying there, but I guess that's life!

Good job! Can't wait to read chapter 3!

squeakygirl chapter 4 . 8/2/2011
I really like your story so far. I would say keep an eye on spelling/grammer I can look at a chapter that has been written for over two or three months and I still find errors (It has actually happened). I also find that you don't necessarily have to type in Newsie speech (it can get confusing). Anyway keep up the good work!
Joker is Poker with a J chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
I'm so sorry it took me so long to look your story over! But, I did promise! I just didn't know life would get so hectic, gah!

Anywho, I'm liking the plot (from what I read from the summary) and I adore Racetrack (Eventually going to do my own story if life gives me a little downtime ha) you write him very well!

My suggestions would be to 1.) Proof read! You can never do it enough! Trust me, I proof read every chapter at LEAST three times and I always find errors. But, I'm almost positive I have some mild type of OCD...and 2.) Use as much as possible! It really expands your vocabulary. Plus, there are many different words with the same definition as 'threadbare' :) finally, you don't need to use newsie-talk so much. Sometimes less is more (at least that's what I've noticed)

Race sounds like an Anthony . (haha, I'm reading the story while typing this so excuse me if I'm a little scattered!) His sister's cute! Hmmm, and Spot's got a sister! :o Wonder if he knows...?

Good first chapter! I'll continue onto the second later tonight when I get off work! .

Ealasaid Una chapter 4 . 8/1/2011
great story. i love how Race likes Spot's sister and Spot like Race's twin sister.