Reviews for the places the dead go
me again chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
I don't think I've told you enough how fantastic this story is. It's beautiful and sad and a little strange and...lyrical,is that the word I want? I think it is. Everything flows and most of it hurts. The short sentences of "Wondering why Malik didn't. Wondering if Malik had a plan after all." work really well.

Ok now I am for srs going to bed. See you on friday for a hummus party to end all hummus parties.
Death Escapist chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
i cried so much when i read that wiki about malik and altairs family. and i cried with this story too :

i truly dont like how they wrote the last crusade and hope it doesnt go with the game. its just far too depressing, and i dont think those characters should end up like that. even altair falls apart. but thanks for writing this, your story was touching.
3LW00D chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
*snif* You're making me cry. Just yesterday I had heard about Malik dying (right after pre-ordering the book), and that made me cry and now this is making me cry all over again because I just finished the first game last week. Killing Kadar was bad enough, but this? *snif*

Beautiful story though, it really did it justice.
toeki chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
this is beautiful and sad.

i like the meaning of the names of altairs children:)

i think what malik has gone trough is enough misery for a lifetime,i want him to be happy and not dead:((
words without chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
I love that Altair can't lie to himself about what the death was like...he's killed too many people himself and so of course he knows what the body goes through when someone stabs it. Also the ending line, "Maybe someone is telling all stories and mapping all things" is ARGH. Altair doesn't even believe in an afterlife but he'd like to believe in that. Just. ARGH.

As always your writing is subtle and heavy and filled with phrases I wish I came up with first. And bird references. 1 for bird references.

I still don't want to believe this novel is going to exist, though. I mean, a novel where ghost!Kadar hangs around saying adorable things and occasionally throwing rocks at Altair would be awesome, but this? This is adding unnecessary ghosts!
mumblybee chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
You. Are. Amazing. And clever and eloquent and and and. Short steps and yesterday. "Maybe someone is telling all stories and mapping all things." Beautiful. Sorry that this review is flailing all over the place; it's one of those times when I'm just utterly incoherent.