Reviews for Dobby's Legacy
Guest chapter 1 . 12/6/2015
I have often thought that Dobby was the most courageous character in the HP series. Unfortunately, he seems to be overlooked as such, perhaps because he is an elf and "talks funny". Dobby wishes for freedom and sees slavery as what it is and tries his best to get out of its shackles. He is almost like an elvish Spartacus, merely ahead of his time. Indeed, he is analytical, clever and resourceful in trying to save Harry in CoS. He identifies the danger, is able to get around magical compulsion, warn Harry and give him a hint. He merely overestimates Harry's knowledge and ability to put two and two together (for, after all, Harry is the boy who lived!). Later, Dobby takes initiative in looking for a job on his terms which he enjoys and finds an ally in Hermione Granger. At the end of the series, he sacrifices his life as bravely as any other character in the series, like Snape. In spite of this Dobby is often treated more like comic relief. It is thus unfortunate that our latent racism/xenophobia against house elves stops us from celebrating his character as much as the other heroes'. Would love to see more Dobby stories.
SonOfNenji chapter 1 . 9/13/2015
Worldbuilding, thy name could have been [insert author's name].

-N
PapillonMagique chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Wow, i think I got something in my eye right there. What crying me? Of course not! *scoff* but seriously this was charming and rather noble if I say so myself, which I do! Interesting concept, keep on writing I look forward to more.
sandiprudhomme chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
this is awesome
thunder18 chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
enjoyed reading this chapter
words-with-dragons chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Hermione would be SO proud of him! That was so sweet! )
10th Squad 3rd Seat chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
Yes!Was Hermimone happy?I bet S.P.E.W. helped...I think.
Erik chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
An interesting look at what could have happened.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
Totally awesome story!
1sunfun chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
A very, very nice, iteressting, good and original story.
Beloved Daughter chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
This is a great little story. I only wonder what part Hermione might have played in creating this little Elvin nation
sanbeegoldiewhitey chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Well done!
Blue Zephyr Dragon chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
Very sweet and delightful. Loved it
Red Phoenix Dragon chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Dobby would have loved this.

Thanks for sharing your story. Please update soon.
krynny chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww just wonderful this is so beautiful and sweet. you rock and roll. thanks for writing.

hugs and kisses