Reviews for See You on the Flip Side
BookQ36 chapter 3 . 5/25/2014
I'm really impressed that with all the interpersonal changes you've made between these two characters that you haven't actually deviated from larger cannon events. After all, Buffy never told Spike on screen about Joyce being sick, so we don't know how it was 'supposed' to happen. Also, Spike staying the night at the Summers house and then doing the shirt-sniffing makes more practical sense than him going home and then braving daylight the next morning.
BookQ36 chapter 4 . 5/25/2014
Nice re-imagining of how Spike fell for her, and your use of Slanguage is right on the money. :)
BookQ36 chapter 2 . 5/25/2014
"Chipectomy by fire axe." You're fluent in Spike. :) Great use of Ffloyd's 'Time'.
BookQ36 chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
Sweet and screwed up, as early-days Spuffy always should be. I just hope Spike stays the night so he can talk to Joyce the next morning.
susantrules chapter 4 . 3/1/2014
This is wonderful...though its super sad that joyce is sick and I know technically she eventually dies...but I love that this story is about spike being able to help her through that intense sadness.
Soaringclaws chapter 4 . 2/20/2014
I'm finally getting around to reading this series and wow! Their relationship is so... them. I don't know. It seems to fit them, with a comfortable closeness alone and yet a complete conviction to be enemies. It's nice. We get to watch them discover what it is slowly. And the sex is amazingly written, mostly because it isn't about the actual sex at all. It feels intimate and revealing emotionally, rather than smutty.
acetwolf94 chapter 4 . 1/19/2014
NICE!
ScarlettDuck chapter 4 . 9/5/2013
Gorgeous. And the smut, sweeter this time, still so hot!
Malfoy Snogger chapter 4 . 3/30/2013
Love this story! Such fun! Thanks for sharing!
micmoc chapter 4 . 3/29/2013
Bravo!
Traveler07 chapter 4 . 1/2/2013
I absolutely love the way you write spuffy. Fabulous.
Suzanne chapter 4 . 12/22/2012
A worthy sequel to Sex and Candy.
Although I dont like Riley too much you treat him fairly.
The whole flip side/other side of the coin stuff is a great metaphor.
As in the other stories, a good mixture of character, humour and smut.
spuffy luvr chapter 4 . 12/10/2012
I'm enjoying re-reading this series again!
ladymirth chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
That link might not work. Try this one: /c8CZc6sKb0A
ladymirth chapter 4 . 8/16/2012
Oh, I love this! Sex and Candy was the perfect, self-denying, aggressive, push-pull, reluctantly tender, hit-em-where-it-hurts-and-then-comfort Spuffy. The sex was rather too verbose in the first story to be as toe-curling as it could have been, but you nailed it in this story. Oooh, the Pink Floyd song was the perfect choice...I had to stop reading and drink a glass of water so I could continue at one point.

Much as I love hopelessly-in-love-with-Buffy!Spike I always felt cheated that we didn't see any real build up to it, except for the incredible sexual chemistry between SMG and JM, especially in that Faith-in-Buffy's-body come-on scene (I replay that scene multiple times just to see James Marsters' "incapacitated with lust" face). I'd much rather both Spike and Buffy fell in love/ lust with each other at the same time, snarling at each other and fighting it tooth and nail all the way. It's just so hot that way. And that is exactly what you deliver!

Prior to letting himself get beat up by a hell god for Buffy's sake (and well, Fool for Love, because who in the world wouldn't love that episode?) , I was not a Spuffy shipper. I loved Season 4 Spike, but Season 5 Spike actually creeped me out more than anything - stalking her, sniffing and stealing her clothes, chaining her up and threatening to feed her to his ex, getting Harmony to role-play as Buffy, building a freaking SEX BOT, ugh ugh ugh. I honestly couldn't find any of that the least hot and was beginning to get put off by the character. I think what changed my mind was "I know I'm a monster but you treat me like a man" and then seeing him cry when Buffy died. I was firmly in camp Spuffy after that, but I had to block out quite a bit of Season 5 to do it.

I enjoy the dynamic between Spike and Buffy in your story much more for this reason. Suddenly, the clothes-sniffing thing isn't creepy and since both Spike and Buffy are struggling with their lust and confusion of feelings for each other concurrently, there's no imbalance of power in their relationship, which I thought was especially damaging to both characters in Season 5 and 6. You consistently keep Spike bad and brassy and poised in that intriguing knife-edge between beast and man, without letting the character devolve into a pathetic fangless creep trying to get into a girl's pants.

I really like your "reflection of each other" analogy too, although I would have preferred it if neither of them had spoken it aloud but kept it on the edge of consciousness (Neither Spike nor Buffy have ever struck me as the most self-aware of people, which is a contributing factor to the tumult of miscommunication in their relationship). Rhonda Wilcox has written an essay where she says Spike and Faith
are Buffy's "shadow selves", which is along the same lines of thought. (See this brilliant video that led me to it: watch?vc8CZc6sKb0A&listFLhRqSFoNjSdIMvZOkxK771w &index1&featureplpp_video)

I would be squicked by the infidelity though, but I think the hot Spuffy sex has short-circuited my brain cells and now I don't care. Really appreciate how you don't short-change Riley though. Not his fault that he's addled with love for a girl who doesn't want him and won't send him away either.