Reviews for On Feathered Wings
Silverswordmaster chapter 5 . 2/3/2012
WHY ISN'T THERE MORE OF THIS? THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE!
Goodnamesaretaken chapter 5 . 1/19/2012
FINISH THIS!
KitsuneNoYomeiri chapter 5 . 12/16/2011
Your cliffhangers make me want to punch a tree in the kidneys.

I'm serious. update this soon, or I'll riot you. I'll do it somehow.

This is nearly as amazing as 'My Little Dashie'

so update this. NOW.
DAMN chapter 5 . 8/23/2011
Oh god, where are you? Go on !
XNULLX chapter 5 . 8/9/2011
You've done a remarkable job of making character interaction interesting and believable, while balancing that against the development of an interesting and original plot. I absolutely love this story, and I hope to see you continue it. I especially like the amount of gravity you have managed to inject into the situations going on throughout each chapter so far. Each event really feels like it carries weight and is building toward even bigger things. This story has been excellent thus far, and I pray your motivation never dies out if it results in more stories like this.
StaminaRose chapter 5 . 7/22/2011
A wholly interesting affair from start to not-finish.

I cant wait for more.

I found myself surprised you chose to go with spinal injuries taking out Rainbows wings. It seems odd when such things are obviously delicate. just breaking one sufficiently would have been just as plausible, or even removal of one. seems odd that injuries to the spine could take out wings but not say.. legs.

Im sad we didnt get to see any of Luna either, though i suspect there might be some plot there because of vague comments made by celestia. I also find myself wondering whether or not this Bastion can be of any interest. his second name is kind of silly by the way, it just doesnt work well. Anyways, when celestia said it was someone Sparkle knew i assumed it was going to be somehow Trixie. Im glad that at least was not the case.

Also pleasantly surprised that AJ loves Rainbow in this universe, has confessed and Rainbows turned her down without negative consequences. its a rarity really and it should net us some very interesting scenes.

So yeah. Fun fun fun. Well done sir. have a muffin.
Pawdab chapter 5 . 7/19/2011
I never thought a fic written about My Little Pony of all series could be this emotionally engaging! You write the characters so perfectly that even your grammatical errors and sentence fragmentation (which I see others have already commented on and won't harp on about here) honestly don't bother me in the slightest. Your writing is suspenseful and enthralling, your plot pacing wonderful, and your emotional scenes genuinely touching.

My only real qualm at the moment is that I actually keep wishing things would work out worse for Rainbow Dash (despite her being my favorite pony) simply because she keeps getting thrown into such impossible situations and consistently walking away with, comparatively, barely a scratch. I was glad she at least lost the use of her wings, but considering she was basically dead and broken when Twilight found her, and that it sounds like she's being set up to regain use of her wings in the future... hm. I'll be very interested to see how the story continues to unfold in any case. :)
tebrighteyes chapter 5 . 7/18/2011
I love this so much. You write all the characters so well and I love how you keep switching to different points of view. This is so descriptive and the end of this chapter had me on edge. Also have to say I just love the AppleDash. Please update soon!
Agent 404 Not Found chapter 5 . 7/18/2011
I can envision a romance blossoming between AJ and Rainbow, seeing as rainbow would almost certainly be dead if AJ hadn't found her. This and "A Precious Rainbow" by milesprower06; they are probably the best MLP fabrics I've ever read. Keep up the good work.
Optical Azure chapter 5 . 7/18/2011
The plot and basic conflict you've set up is indeed intriguing- and the way you excecute it is near-flawless. I also am impressed with how you manage to describe the story accurately enough to paint a vivacious picture.

The detail of Dash being straight in terms of sexual orientation was a big sigh of relief. Of course, I am supporting your implications of AppleDash, but for ONCE IN MY LIFE Dash isn't the one to confess.

I was sort of disappointed with how Dash is disabled now- I was expecting something much worse like full-body paralysis. But for someone like Rainbow Dash, I guess her new disability is pretty heartwrenching too.

Now that I think of it, I can almost see what kind of story this will turn out to be. That is, unless you just threw in the small exchange between Celestia and Bastion PLUS possible foreshadowing for nothing.

I'm also curious as to whether the banter between Twilight and Rarity about boys is going to be a Chekhov's Gun in the future. I'm kind of taking it for good added detail though.

On to grammarblahblahblah.

I wholeheartedly believe your sentences could be more complete. I will not sugarcoat it- I'm okay with a spelling or grammar slip-up if they are few and far between. But those CONSTANT fragments and uncomplete sentences almost threatened my enjoyment of the story.

Sentence fragments are fine if intended for emotional emphasis (albeit that should only be used when necessary) and it's okay when used in dialogue. But in a normal paragraph of a 3rd-person narrative? No.

Yeah, there were misused words and your typical typo here and there but it's not so bad it needs to be addressed.

As a closing, I want to say this:

This fanfiction is, as Dash would say, "SO AWESOME!". It is heartwarming, tragic, suspenseful, and a bunch of other tags, not to mention 20% cooler than many a story I've read. The characterization is scarily accurate and I felt as if I could watch this as a movie the whole time. I applaud you for this feat and I'm now going to keep tabs on this story!

Rating 9.4/10

-Skyblue-Optic (too lazy to sign in lol)
Jd chapter 5 . 7/17/2011
Very, very well done.

I can't wait to see where this is going. The grammar nazi in me keeps grimacing at some of the more egregious errors - you could have used an editor for sure - but this was one of the best I've read in a while.

I'm usually not a fan of grim-ish or sad lits, but this had just the right amount. The light romance kept it well in balance.

Looking forward to the rest.

Personal rating: 9.2/10
whitedorumon chapter 5 . 7/17/2011
OK so i just randomly decided to start reading some My little pony fics after watching the series... yes, im 16 and male and therefore it can be considered wierd, but thats besides the point.

I have to say i really liked this fic its pretty well written through i was kinda surprised about you deciding to make applejack uhm... *cough* "love" dash but i digress ;) keep on writting and

-peace out-
Aotrs Commander chapter 5 . 7/16/2011
Both gripping, powerful and intreguing in equal measure. Excellent work, I look foward to the continuation.
The top hat chapter 5 . 7/16/2011
I feel like a Douchebag with a heart of ice for not

crying. . .

Awesome story. Keep up the good work.
Goodnamesaretaken chapter 4 . 7/13/2011
Oh god! This is amazing, i felt the fear of the tornadoes. I cried. Youre good, amazing good.

If you write that rainbow is not gonna recover and add that to her and AJ no ending up together because dashs not gay you will have written one of the saddest fics ever to be.