Reviews for Reflection
the little harlequin chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Whoa.

WHOA.

This was really, ~really~ good!

First of all, can I just say the use of language here was excellent and it is amazing just how much emotion you got across from only a small amount of words. Like her fury at her father and her determination not to be defeated. It made this little one-shot a very powerful piece to read!

I feel like you really got into Orwell's head with this and I feel like I know the character a lot better now.

I am very, very impressed. You're writing has come on leaps and bounds since last year and considering the fact that I already thought you were an awesome writer then, you're now just off-the-chart awesome now!

Much love

Jane
XxDeathStarxX chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
That was a very good introspection of Orwell. I liked that she finally realised that she was pretty far from fine and needed to get a grip of herself and fight.
IronAmerica chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
This is pretty good for an introspective one-shot. You've gone fairly well in-depth with Orwell's character, despite the lack of major source materials (curse you, NBC!).

As we discussed earlier, you could still use a bit of work on commas, as well as semi-colons (which could have been used instead of some of the hyphens), but it's not so bad that it detracts from the story itself. Excellent grasp of the mechanics of grammar.

I liked this. It's kind of creepy...and I don't know why; but it's also one of your usual insights into your favorite character. Looking forward to the storm story.

-IA