Reviews for Children Once
Guest chapter 3 . 5/23/2013
This is so good did you by any chance base it of the phantom of the opera? Also in the end this kinda proves why boo likes scout and jem so much cause they're her children sorry for my rambles but this is very well written ...
One Is Not Amused chapter 3 . 6/26/2012
This was a lovely ending. I love how you started and ended with Ida watching through the window, and the theme of time 'slowing down'. I'd love to see an epilogue, if that's all right :)

(That pic is exactly how I imagined Atticus' wife to look like - long thick brown wavy hair and a far away look. The movie got it spot on with the photograph of his wife, though I wish there were more close-ups of it.)
One Is Not Amused chapter 2 . 6/24/2012
Oh boy, you have NO IDEA how much my face fell when I saw that this hasn't been updated in almost a year. This is refreshingly different from most other fanfics (as in, you don't resort to describing every aspect of a character's appearance, personality or otherwise; you show and don't tell and I love you for it), and I love Ida and Boo/Arthur's relationship. Actually, screw that: I love everything about this fic. Ida is such a fantastic character and you write her so well. The concept is great as well. In many fics about Atticus' wife, the author usually starts the fic by having the two meet for the first time. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but it's nice to see an alternative where they already met. Saves all the tedious introductions, etc. :)

I do wish you'd finish this one of these days. It's such a good fic and I'd hate to see it left hanging like so many other fics on this site are. Plus, sitting on the edge of my seat is awfully uncomfortable. There are so few fics about Miss Graham out there, and I'm always happy when I see that I'm not the only one who was interested in her! :P
iloveashandquinn chapter 2 . 12/23/2011
I love this, it is probaly the best fanfic I have ever read! Love it so pleeeeeeeeeease update soon, Merry Christmas! :) x
Little Poppet chapter 2 . 8/7/2011
If I could, I would marry this fic. Out of all the Miss Graham fics on here, this is my favourite :) I love Ida, and I don't think I'm the only one - she is just the kind of person Atticus would fall for. And I just love the idea that Boo Radley loved Atticus's wife, and ended up saving her children - in a way, it reminded me of the whole Snape and Lily saga. And a Dostoyevsky fan! Reading this makes me want to go and read The Idiot, which I really should one of these days. I love Russian literature.

And this has made me realize something (though I may be wrong about this): at the end of the film TKAM, when Boo Radley looks through the window, the music playing is very similar to the music playing when Scout and Jem are talking about their mother. Then, rewinding the scene, I saw that the picture of the mother is in full view from the window! Ah, I love that film a bit too much.

Anyway, I'm sorry for my ramblings. Please update soon!
Morning Sunrise 656 chapter 2 . 7/3/2011
Love this story. PLEASE WRITE MORE SOON! :)
sablize chapter 2 . 7/1/2011
Great chapter! I like Ida's confliction between lying to her parents and visiting Arthur, and as usual your Atticus and Arthur were spot on(: I'm excited to see what happens next
Lily's New Boots chapter 2 . 7/1/2011
Yay, updates! I'm going to have to give The Idiot a read. I love Dostoyevsky - I'm currently about two thirds of the way through Crime and Punishment, and in the process of hunting down The Brothers Karamazov. It's not going too well, I'm afraid.

Once again, I loved this chapter. But with the last line I was like 'nooo!' Ida/Boo is so bittersweet, but I love it all the same. Please update asap with the next chapter :)
Lily's New Boots chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
This was on my list of 'stories to review' and finally, FINALLY, I'm getting round to reviewing them all. And, first things first...I WANT MORE. You have all the chapters written? I need to see them! I'm so impatient, and I love this story.

Boo/Ida? Like, really? I don't know why, but reading that got me really excited. I once thought about putting something like that in my story - a fleeting thought - but I changed my mind, thinking, Eleanor and Robert and Atticus is enough of a triangle. We don't need a square.

I love the name Ida. It really describes her character - dreamy, in her own world. I can really relate to that - my fantasy world is SO much better than the real one, so I spend the vast majority of my time in the former. And I love your descriptions of Maycomb.

I'm so sorry about this review, by the way. I'm terrible at reviewing. I could never be a critic. All I want to say is, please update asap and keep writing! :)
sablize chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Ooooh, I really like this so far! I like the way you write Atticus, very trim and proper and very in-character. I can't wait to read the other chapters(:
Enyo14 chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
awww, now this is a tale i read. Ida's an amusing character. she kind of reminds me of my little sister, minus the caring part. if u would kind as to continue this story i would much love to read it :)