Reviews for Trixie's Inferno
Mindfuck beats chapter 3 . 12/8/2013
I like this, not what i was expecting, but still good
Patchworkmann chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
You know, a week ago Id never have thought such a combination could exist. And then I thought; Its the internet. I must say, the blending of modern and classical styles of writing was very well done, as well as how you selected elements from both adaptations. Your flow consistently pushes the story along (a problem the original had, in my opinion) without the need for hacking apart every major character (like the game). Bravo, I say!
Crosshair chapter 2 . 8/5/2011
... well, this certainly seemed interesting.

I notice that you're starting to use more of the Game elements in this story.

Just saying, while the original text was a work of art, I kinda enjoyed the game's story as well. Dante as a crusader was an interesting character, and his journey into hell to save beatrice, though completely unrelated to the original story, was an epic on par with the oddessy, in terms of scale and personal growth for him.

What I mean to say is, it would be kinda cool to see Virgil mention something about the last mortal who journeyed into hell, and how HIS trip was a lot less... peaceful than Trixie's. Maybe much later, but the it would be kinda interesting to see what Trixies reaction to the realization that something was actually tough enough to FIGHT through all the terrifying demons she's being protected from.
Chaotic Brain chapter 3 . 7/31/2011
Is this story still being written? I'm interested in seeing the rest of Trixie's descent through hell.
Mr. Anonymous 2000 chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
Dear sir,

...this crossover is... interesting. Dante's Divine Comedy is one of the central texts of Western Civilization for Dante Alegri is a poet without equal. My Little Pony is a sugar coated girly cartoon that is in the end one long toy commercial. But the current series is a particularly good commercial and Dante never meant to do anything other than tell a real good story. So I say why not!

Your positing of Trixie as Dante is good because if anyone needs saving it’s her and your introducing the story in the Everfree Forest is a good tip of the hat to the original poem. I can see that you've read the poem and are very well acquainted with it. You do the poet honor with your re-imagining-more so than the game because unlike the game you actually keep the whole point of the story: a lost soul in need of salvation who enters darkness so that they might understand the light.

The one thing that I am not sure of is the use of Christianity. It is not directly referenced but it is there; for example we hear Virgil invoking "The One." While the One is not called Jesus, the reader will instantly draw that conclusion. The reason I say that is that the ponies are presumably not Christians.

It would have made sense in the original G1 continuity where the religion was implicitly mentioned. In 1986’s My Little Pony: The Movie, witch Hydia mentions that one of her relatives tried to ruin Easter Sunday by making it fall on a Monday. While the Easter she was referring to was likely the Easter of pink rabbits and chocolate eggs, Easter is of course a holy day of the Christian calendar that honors the resurrection of Jesus Christ. As servants of evil*, Hydai and her daughters would of course seek to ruin such a holiday. Not to mention that as early as the original TV special, it was shown that it was relatively easy for ponies to travel from PonyLand to Earth. (When Tirac attacks, the first thing Firefly does is fly over the rainbow to 1980s USA and recruit Meghan, a human girl.) It’s not impossible to imagine that Earth religions would have filtered over to Ponyland.

But… the G4s! What makes it even stranger is that they already have a quasi religion in the figure of Princess Celestia. True, she is never actually referred to as a god and she is not shown to be the figure of any formal religion but a god is what she effectively is. If this had taken this into account with say, Celestia and the Sun representing God and Heaven (Celestia can mean either the sky or Heaven), and Nightmare Moon and the Moon representing Satan and Hell, it would have made much more sense.

However, the choice is made and the die as cast. The story must be accepted as it is… and it is relatively easy to accept. At the time I’ve begun reading, only two chapters are written—two very good chapters. Let’s wait and see… I think we’ll be pleasantly surprised by the end of the story!

*As buffoonish self proclaimed servants of evil, its revealed that Hydia punishes her daughters by forcing them to eat ice cream—they’re so evil they’re afraid of sweetness of ice cream!)