Reviews for Miss Perfect
TheHamsterInMyMind chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
I just came back to re-read as you've written some of my absolute favorite X-Men evo fics. I never quite understood the show's decision to seemingly pit Rogue against Jean though comics!canon never did, and I am a huge fan of both characters in the comics and old animated series.

I love how you made all the tension based in Evolution make SENSE here, in this context - where they learn something more of each other - and how, maybe, it's their similarities (and their seemingly opposite methods of coping and adapting to their identity and questions) that puts them at odds more than anything else. :)
zulka chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
this was absolutely beautiful! I love it. I love Jean and Rogue. This was a good portrayal of Jean I feel, as well as Rogue's feelings toward her in the show. I like how human you've made Jean. Great job! this is going on my favs.
lychee loving chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
This is really great. About 65% of Evo fanfic writers put Rogue on a pedestal - the ones that don't, put Jean up there instead. There are so any ways to describe the average fanfic version of the two characters. If they're not perfect, they're utterly and extremely depressed over something or the other. It's very rare to find someone take the time to explore what they may be thinking.

This was a really intelligent piece. Well done. :)
Ariesque chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
I am glad that after almost ten years of writing about Evolution, I had a change of heart and started looking for Jean stories in order to write one myself. Yours is something I didn't expect, nor would have appreciated ten years ago. Reading this, I could almost hear Jean's voice in my head-literally, the one from the show-how intricate and expertly you weave her positives along with her vices. How her perfection is misconstrued by those of us who would rather see her as "Miss Perfect" and glorify her opposite, Rogue, at the same time. I loved how you were able to elaborate on both their shortcomings, giving them a bit of humanity, and restoring my faith in both characters. There are different reasons why we like Jean and Rogue, and that if the show were to lack either one, would be lifeless, unsupported, incomplete in my opinion.

Thanks for the inspiration; it was a lovely surprise.

AQ
Bladed Darkness chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
I love character introspections. They're so awesome and I love getting into people's/character's heads like that.
Zara Rose Myar chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
I'll be honest, i hate this jean/rogue rivalry... I've read a few fics in which they are friends and it is awesome... Which is why i like this fic... It starts off pretty intense and when you think they going to have this huge blowout they sort of understand each other which lessens the whole rivalry... I loved the ending line where jean realises she wants to be like rogue... A well written fic which i enjoyed reading... Thank you!
lilJunebug chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
Wow.

That was deep.
thesagaciousowl chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
great storie... :)

maia
Jean Phoenix Soul chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
I find this fic just charming. And I'm not very found of the Evolution cartoons, but the comics, yet I liked a lot the way you described everything.
Sabishi Tomo chapter 1 . 7/12/2005
Brilliant! You described Jean and Rogue's feelings perfectly...They're totally in character..
Dani chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
Loved it!
demiducky25 chapter 1 . 4/7/2005
Oh wow, what a wonderful story! I really liked the side of Jean that you showed here, how you went into her thoughts and pulled out what makes her the way she is. Anyway, just wanted to tell you that I thought this story was well done and I am adding it to my X-men One Shot C2 archive as well as my favorites list!:-)
Telepathic Angel chapter 1 . 2/12/2005
*********

Totally cool story! Some people just don't realise that Jean isn't perfect! Either am I...if I was I wouldn't be begging you to continue 'If you pardon I will Mend'!

pweeze pweeze pweeze pweeze pweeze pweeze pweeze pweeze pweeze pweeze pweeze pweeze pweeze pweeze

*********
McSatan chapter 1 . 1/11/2005
OMG I loved this story!
liliput83 chapter 1 . 10/1/2004
moral story...hmm...pretty good.

I hope you don't mind me say this, but every mutation you have IS part of you. every gift you have is part of you. an advantage, perhaps, till you realise other people have other gifts that put them at an advantage in another way.