Reviews for The Werewolves of London
Rita01tx chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
Aside from the Saturday night game of Spoons around our family dinner table, which often resulted in slight injuries LOL, I'm not into card games. However, the whole secret club, UST laden atmosphere built up around this game was quite rivitin'! It's fine as a one shot but, as always, your readers want MORE LMAO!
Julia-S77 chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Great one shot, loved it xx
Raven's twimom chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
REALLY? THATS IT? Damn this one has the potential to be a great multi-chapter fic. Original plot based in England, a completely different take on a J/E fic. So think about it, PLEASE! Thanks for writing.
mostly a lurker chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
For me and my grandparents, it was Canasta. They taught me to play it and many other card games. Most of my best childhood memories are the countless hours spent playing cards with Gran and Grandad. She was a card shark, too - played bridge for a long time after altzheimer's stole her mind. She won even then. I wonder what it is about grandmothers that they win all or most all of the time. My dear friend's grandmother won every time they played a certain card game, too. Funny that.

I miss those kinds of afternoons and evenings. The simple camaraderie. Kwim?

I miss you, too.

Mwah,

Mal
rmcrms5 chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Nice!
isabeausink chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Bravo! The erotic suspense of this piece is amazing! Even the origins of the card game they play is draped in mystique. It really is a beautiful piece of writing, WB. Sooo, artful. I.e., "But we digress." I love this, and don't think I caught it the first time I read. -"we"- Your narrator includes us and we can look in on the occupants of The Club and be in on its secrets. Simple but skillfully done.

Sexy moments: when Masen touches his fingertip to his own lips thinking of another's, Jasper's musing on Masen's pillow head hair (smirk), the picture I get in my head of two embracing under a museum spot-light, the under-meaning of "You are invited to play," Jasper silently insisting on suspense in the game to tease Masen the littlest bit... The Devil really is in the details in this one, WB. In the very best way!

And my, you can dish up evil! The Ayn Rand quotes included! (She scares me...but you balanced her out with a little Ice T! Hoozah!) Your villain is deliciously amoral. I laughed out loud again when Blackstone's fantasy in the early part of the narrative is interrupted by a desire to be well-coifed. (God forbid that Masen's taylor be a attractive enough to come under Blackstone's wolfish gaze.)

Finally, I love the word "transmogrify." If you are to follow an older definition of the word, the game they play does, indeed, turn the whole scene into a naughty kind of magic. What I want to know now is what kind of naughty magic the key to that door will hold...

Please, Flora? Please!

(I see Mango down there. Hehe... I enjoyed the Freudian Slip in your review... )
elletee chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
Flora iz the clevers. xx
Madmum chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Wow. Such detail and depth. Thank you for taking me to another world. I loved it.
MeilleurCafe chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
*looks around* Am I the first to review? Good! And it all comes full circle, since I was among the first to read it.

It's so much fun to read this again. I love your descriptions of the Club: its mystique, exclusivity, intrigue, shifting factions, and of course, the card game itself. You've woven the most delicious sexual tension throughout. We can really feel it come to a head (did I just write that?), and we all sigh with relief at the end.

Thanks for posting this. I like having it with my other favorites, where I can easily go back and read it.