Reviews for Prelude to a Murder…Oh Wait, That's Next Episode
cowherderess chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
This is brilliant! I loved it! Especially the Mary and Matthew bits, but everything really: Daisy as Alice, Edith/William, Robert not being able to figure out the elephant (and being dropped on his head as a baby), Violet and Isobel fighting each other with scones, Mrs Hughes and Mrs Patmore fighting with rolling pins... excellent story :)
Marcella Watts chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
So incredibly ingenious and funny! I love the way you caricatured everyone's personalities. It was not only clever, but also extremely well-written. I was laughing my head off. I thought the Anna/Bates scenes were some of the cleverest, although I loved every bit of it! Keep up the good work!
Novindalf chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
*blinks*

*blinks some more*

Well I've no idea what the heck it was that was slipped into my drink before I read this, but this was the most brilliant piece of utter hilarity and absurdity I've ever read! D
Wotcherer chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
! That was hilarious! I laughed out loud so much and spat out some of my coke! Hahahahahahaha, it was fantastic!
GhostIsland chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
HA! That was awesome. :) The Anna/Bates parts had me laughing hysterically (even the part where they figured out they were repeating themselves! It's funny because it's *true*!) Was that a Comic Relief reference with getting the tea from Ealing? Loved it! :D I never noticed Daisy's resemblance to Alice in Wonderland, but I definitely see it now! Edith/William 4evah! Robert can translate Greek but can't figure out an elephant - amazing. Battlescones, OMG! So much cracky fun! And of course, Mary and Matthew making out in a library. Because they totally would. ;p (oh man, and all their kids born in April...ha! I'm adding that M-rated epilogue to my wish list. ;) Wonderfully amusing, so many great in-jokes, a real treat for fans of the show! :D Many thanks to your silly muse - please keep writing! :)
Lavender and Hay chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
This made me laugh so much, but I had to do it quietly because I was on the bus. I particularly loved the rolling pin fight, the reference to Ealing and repetitive Anna and Bates. And Carson, especially Carson. Absolutely brilliant; it made my day.
TheShippyQueen chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That was simply superb! I loved it, every single word!

I especially appreciated the Anna/Bates parts, but I'm sure that's no surprise to you!

That's really brightened my day!

Epea Pteroenta chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
Ahahahahaha brilliant!

Love the Anna/Bates sections, love Sybil and her cars, laughed out loud at Robert and Mary slapping Matthew.

And I honestly never thought I would be intrigued by the possibility of Edith/William. But I am. Oh help... :D

Great fic, very well observed!
silverducks chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
LOL! Very funny!

My favourite bits were of course the occasions of Mary and Matthew sneaking off (and my! what a coincidence for their 3 children!)

and Anna and Bates repeated conversation.

I liked how you took the characters and expanded on their main traits to make the story funny. It wasn't so much OOC, but an extension of what they could be like. Very clever.
RosieJames chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
HILARIOUS! What a fantastic story. You had me laughing out loud so many times! Maybe you can help Jennifer Saunders with her next Comic Relief DA spoof?

The Anna/Bates scenes, Sybil's tour of the garage, Violet and Isobel and the battle of the scones, the kissing, the slapping, the fighting... Sheer Brilliance!
StuckInThePast chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
Oh, dude! That was epic. Really, really epic. I loved the battlescones and rolling pins, I loved the Anna/Bates and Newton's second law, I loved Violet and Thomas, I loved Sybil, I loved Daisy, I loved Edith, I could go on all day. Thank you very much for that giggle, me lovely! 3
rampantwolfhound chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
I would love for the word "battlescones" to pop up during Season 2, but somehow I doubt that will happen. And Newton's second law is, of course, directly related to romance. Delightfully loopy and worthy of an award (except the award would actually be given to...well, you know).
OrangeShipper chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Oh that was just brilliant! I loved the tone of mockery about it all. Anna/Bates was absolutely hilarious. Robert was adorable. I loved Thomas being chairman!

And of COURSE I loved the kissing and slapping! :D

Stroke of genius!
PBCD chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Oh dear. At this hour I'm just punchy enough to properly appreciate this too! I laughed. Out loud. A lot.

There were so many delightful little jabs, but, being biased, I must confess that this:

"No, Anna! I adore you, but I respect you too much to do more than dance around this subject with you."

was of course my favorite. :-D

Thanks for the fun!
sakurasencha chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Haha, that was great! I've been waiting for a fic that mercilessly mocks the entire cast. I especially liked Dim Robert and Untouchable Violet, of course she would win!

Also, your inclusion of my beloved Lily has earned you my love forever!