Reviews for The White Swan
Amilyn chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
This is excellent. And I like the Ladyhawke comment; I was thinking that. I like that Tony is trying to cover his perceived inadequacies while also trying to give Ziva something lovely because he feels she deserves it. Her careful, thoughful, painful efforts to say Just The Right thing is so well done. I love that this comes to something so lovely after starting with a hilarious moment of Tony thinking Ziva's planning various methods of killing him...and the older couple considering him the unwashed masses he fears he is. Thank you. I really enjoyed this.
cancisfan chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
A beautiful analogy, beautifully written.
Alidiabin chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
I found your fic *evil smirk*

I love this. I love how Tony went to a ballet just for her. And how she tells him that she loves him despite his lack of culture.
USAFChief chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
I enjoyed this very much. As many of your other reviewers have said, you caught the essence of these two very well.

Thanks for posting this.

pdf
coloradoandcolorado1 chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Oh, Ry, this is just beautiful. Sweet, touching, sexy, spot-on perfect in the dialogue.

I'm going to sleep tonight smiling because I read your story.
Mooncombo chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Very well written, Ry. I love the wording and flow of this story. I'm sorry I waited so long to read it!

'act first, avoid questions later'

LOVE this line. Perfect Tony.

If it was possible to infuse verbiage with the act of eye rolling, Ziva had the technique mastered.

You totally captured Ziva here. And I love the observation.

Great job. I hope you continue to write for us. :)
AndKatnissRaisedHerBow chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
as a dancer myself i have to say, i love the comparison of Swan Lake, Black Swan and love. as a author myself, i really enjoyed this story it kept me fully entertained. very very very good. :)
Dahling chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
How many extra kudos can I shovel at you for the nod to Ladyhawke... one of my personal favs.

Excellent study of a life in progress with a love in transition.
yen35 chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
Oh this was absolutely splendid Ry! I didn't know you write. As soon as I have a break between classes, I am gonna find your other fics and read. I was LOL at Tony asleep through most of the ballet and actually snoring for 20 minutes cos this is what happened when my mom took my dad for one! I loved the whole dialogue between them, the talk about their ex's etc and specially loved when Ziva said that she saw his potential even 6 years ago and he said it must be her super Ninja x-ray vision! Also, great reference to Ladyhawke, which to this date remains one of my top 5 favorite movies! Thanks for making my morning.
lyndalanz chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
Aw shucks Ry...it's so easy to be your cheerleader, since you are such a talented writer.

You captured Tony's insecurities so perfectly...when he tells Ziva, "he was so cultured"...while speaking of Ray and Rivkin, I could feel his pain. It actully reminded me of the part in ToC, where he tells Saleem, "that Ziva David is dead" Every time I watch that scene it breaks my heart...and the scene you wrote does the same thing to me.

"Ray was my black swan. He was everything I ever thought I wanted, except he wasn't. In the end, he wasn't you." I would really love to hear Ziva tell him this...She gets him, and knows how to tell him so he will understand.

This was such an incredible story and I really loved it. I hope that another prompt will get your muses going again soon.
tonysmel chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
"...like she was staring at a puzzle that she couldn't quite figure out." Yes! I think that's the point that Ziva and Tony are at right now; so close, yet still puzzling over one another and standing on tiptoes trying to see what's over each other's walls.

Not sure if/when we will ever see something like this between the two, but you've created such a lovely moment in the meantime. Thank you ! ( Mel )
dazzlefly chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
Excellent Ry! Bravo! You created a scene like as if I was there sitting next to them and watching them! 3
Aliyah chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
I love it!
NCIS Connection chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
I thought this was beautiful. Excellent writing!
M E Wofford chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
Nice.

Very nice.

I can see this.

Tony with his deep insecurities and Ziva with her barriers as tall as the Wall in Game of Thrones.

Really nice.

It left me so happy, with a smile on my face.