Reviews for Island in the Sun
AfewSentencesShortOfaParagraph chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Hello my friend.

I know I don't usually review your stuff for public consumption, but I feel like it will make my life easier if I do.

first, forgive me for taking so long? I will be sending you a PM soon about all the personal stuff, but, to say the least, I've been busy. And low on energy.

Better late than never, though, right?

So, anyway, this one-shot was the perfect blend of fluff and intensity. Some people will jam pack stories with all those sappy sweet moments...which are great, don't get me wrong...but then they forget that a story needs some kind of substance to draw on. And you did a perfect job of making this substantial and cute at the same time. It's a hard line to walk, but I think you did a phenomenal job with the balance required.

One thing I particularly enjoyed about your Clare in this story was the way you captured the less mature side of Clare. Yes, she is a very mature girl for her age, but I think she is a naive girl at the same time. Sometimes it's hard to make both sides of her character evident without making the character seem unrealistic. Sometimes the writers for the show don't portray it as well as you did in this story. She was just so sweet and happy, and yet concerned for Eli and confused by the way she was acting. I loved it. Like, total adoration, my friend.

Your Eli, as well, was very unique and well written. His attitude was perfect throughout the story. He was crabby and angry, and yet, he was still happy to be with Clare, so he struggled to find the rocky edge that he is constantly teetering on. Do the words I write make sense? Sometimes I fear they don't. Either way, I loved the way you wrote both characters. Your plots are always flawless and unique, but I particularly enjoy the way you develop characters in your stories. You have a special talent for making them realistic and easy to relate to.

Also, I thought the lyrics accented the plot nicely. It added to the light side of the one-shot. I mean, sometimes music is all you need to unwind. The powers of music are so strong, and you illustrated that so wonderfully. It was the perfect way for Eli to step back from the edge and reassess the direction his attitude was headed.

The ending was perfection. Pure gold. I mean, moments never last long enough, so it is important to enjoy it while you can. It was a great way to sum up the story...but also the romance as a whole.

You're so talented. I mean it.

I love you.

Don't you dare, ever stop writing. You rock. D
xStayWithMe chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Breathtaking. Nice job.
EmmyGoldsworthy13 chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
This story was adorable! I love your writing!

I love how you can describe a scene so perfectly, and how you use so much detail. You explain everything they're feeling, and that's what makes the story your own. Most people don't use nearly as much detail and vast vocabulary as you do, so I applaud you in every single way. At first, the story was about how the bad memories got to him when he was cleaning his room, and then you added Weezer, and it was just amazing. (: By adding the sweet, loving, and adorable scene at the end of the story, you balanced the whole story out. This was a great story, and you're an excellent writer, and you piece every thing together so well.

This story is definitely going in my favorites, I absolutely loved it. (:
ThatPrettyStare chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
First off, I love this Weezer song, so that definitely pulled me in. Woo!

Despite the fact that you had a few typos (curse you, 1 AM!) the oneshot was actually pretty dang awesome. I must say I was definitely craving some Jenna-writing; glad you posted just when I needed! (Though this review is late ha).

The writing was flawless despite your lack of sleep. I could picture everything, from Eli's room to Clare dancing to the pent up feelings. It was sweet and cute but also angry and confused...just perfect. Just perfect.

As usual. Lol. When will you post another full? I kiss the semi constant updates! ;)

Xox. Great job yet again.
browneyedgirl713 chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
This was really really good! I could totally see this happening! I love it! And, your name's is Jenna? Mine too! XD

xoxo Jenna
Lady Azura chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
This was lovely. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
You are so talented

this story is so amazing!

it made me wanna listen to weezer lol
Jill chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
I love your oneshots. Could you do a one shot basced on the song

thinking over- by Dana golver! I love that song!
JDDCdancer1497 chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
I must say I was intrigued to read the story when I saw: who doesn't love cheese? Hahahaha

Anyway, great job! It was very cute!