Reviews for A Good Man
TK Grimm chapter 4 . 3/22
Wow! I am in awe of this! This combined the best things of both fandoms and combined them into something truly beautiful. A friend recommended this, and I was going to save it for later, but once I got started, I just couldn't stop. The best part, you gave us a happy ending, and for that I sincerely can't thank you enough. This was a real treat to read.

TK
IWasNeverReal chapter 4 . 1/14
SO CUTE!
vietblueart chapter 4 . 12/6/2014
This is really good so I hope you don't mind that I review, even though it's quite old.

The details are very descriptive and lovely, and I can definitely see everything that goes on in my mind. The last scene has a definite air of nostalgia, and I love that you added in the fact that Saito and Shinpachi were the ones who survived. (Hijikata being there was a surprise, but not a bad one in my opinion. X3 )

A very beautifully written story; I just wish it was longer! XD
Nonnie chapter 2 . 11/24/2014
Their meeting doesn't make sense though. The graves of the slave-traders were more closer to Hiko's mountain lodging than Kyoto, where the Shinsengumi should be located at this time, it's not within walking distance for a casual trip for Hijikata and Series' Official Mary-Sue- I mean, Chizuru, to make. It would take several days' worth of travel to get to and from such an area around a random mountain village near the graveyard. (I'm assuming it's the village Hiko passed after saving Kenshin to get sake, then went back through to bury the corpses of the bandits he killed.)
And why is Kenshin just randomly hanging around the gravesite? It's all well and good for Hijikata and Chizuru to take a day off, but Kenshin has responsibilities to Katsura. After Tomoe's death, you'd think he'd be more motivated to finish what he started as the skirmisher he was now assigned to be doing - as after the Otsu incident, Kenshin "retired" from being an assassin and Shishio Makoto filled his position from then on.

Why doesn't Chizuru care about what side Kenshin is on? Is she some kind of an idiot now? That also completely reckless! He could be an enemy! (Which he is, since he's a rebel.)
Also, HA! Hijikata is totally sulking 'cause she ditched him while he dozed off.
Why is Kenshin suddenly and inexplicably, without any prompting, pouring his heart out to a complete stranger? It's entirely reckless to have him do so! He was just betrayed by Iizuka and had assassins sent after him, his love-interest-turned-wife had been plotting against him all along before she tried protecting him in the end and died by his hand.. He has tons of enemies, assassins were constantly sent after him - why is he telling her his life's story when she could be an assassin for all he knows!
Nonnie chapter 1 . 11/24/2014
If you're setting this after Tomoe died, the events of the Ikedaya Incident already happened - it's what prompted Katsura to send Kenshin away to Otsu to begin with, they needed to lay low. I bring it up because that means Kenshin has already been on the job assassinating people and the Shinsengumi should already be /quite/ aware of Battousai.
AkatsukiDragonRose chapter 4 . 4/20/2014
Awww. It's reaally good. Love this fic, even though its short. o
HoneyCaramelSwirl chapter 4 . 6/3/2013
I absolutely loved every moment I spent reading this! I actually just re-watched Hakuouki and had the same idea as you did: what if the Shinsengumi from Hakuouki met Kenshin? You wrote it splendidly and I love how you kept Hijikata alive at the end! It would have been nice if you could've had more parts between Kenshin and the Shinsengumi clashing, but nonetheless a fabulous crossover! Please write more of these crossovers? :D
Sakura chapter 4 . 4/19/2013
Your story is so nice! Hope you will write another HijiXChizu fanfic!
tsukuyomi.sakurachi chapter 4 . 2/17/2013
This fanfic was really beautiful. I have recently finished watching the anime and truly, I felt that war is not just an easy thing. I felt that it must've been hard, isn't it? It is understandable that all of them would say that they are all good people. They fought for a noble purpose and even though many people may not know them, I'm sure that Japan, their country would forever know what they did. They have served their country well. Thank you for this fanfic, author-san.
Girl with guns chapter 4 . 2/10/2013
Logical explanation, Hijikata drank Chizurus blood, and that kept him alive. Or something
Estrella Lunacharski chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
Hello. I like this fanfic :)
Samkin-lone-Senshi chapter 4 . 9/10/2012
I really like this story and it is so cute. I enjoy Chizuru!
RedDemon21 chapter 4 . 12/6/2011
Hi!I love you're fic, i like it very much from the begining to the end.
WinglessDreams chapter 4 . 8/14/2011
Aww the ending was so sweet~
Fallen Angel Mitsu chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Hah, that was an adorable ending - can't wait to read more and see what happens.

And...I'ma guess that Kenshin is gonna pop up somewhere :)