Reviews for What Is Honest, I Can't Say
Number Girl chapter 1 . 6/12/2016
A lot of people make Alex and Sean out as little boys, in Monday an spirit, but one can't go through they they did an stay children forever.
Not Alex at least. The guy was in prison, no juvenile box either. He'd be world-wise in many respects, capable of reading people quite well, and certainly able to see that Erik never planned to stay. I think they all hoped he would because he helped find and bring them home, but if not anyone else, Alex would know. He's a smart kid.
You wrote this very well, I loved it. Though I personally don't think Erik and Charles were in love, I do believe they were very good friends, or at least tried to be on Charles' part.
My absolute favorite part was where Alex considers his "idols", how he put them on pedestals and how they fell. But I also liked that wonderful play on words, and I paraphrase "the one who couldn't walk was the only one who got up" because it's so true.
Erik might have changed had he wanted to, might have fit into a peaceful world sooner than the great was that sent Logan back, he choose not to, but Charles would always get back up. He would fall many, many times, but he would get back up and keep trying, keep hoping. It's who he chooses to be.
In the comics, Professor X did some stupid stuff, he made bad decisions quite a lot and paid for them, but he always righted his course once he saw his error. He couldn't afford not to. Erik didn't. Alex could see that.
Anyway, great story, and I hope you don't mind this incoherent flurry of words.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Great story! I really liked reading Alex's pov!
lotus-bugxm9 chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
a very good story :) Sad though cuz ' Erik and Charles are like...star-crossed /forever doomed. Yet I want them to be together so badly! Ugh
realityfling18 chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
love it!
storyspinners chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
"Professor X and Magneto will be enemies, but Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr are still best friends."

You have such fantastic lines in all of your stories that just make your brain buzz. I love it.
dark-nexus17 chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Alex is amazing. My respect and total love for him (which was already pretty high) just went through the roof. Poor Charles and Erik :'( Another great fic!
You Light The Sky chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
I love you for this. Alex is one of my favourites in the series and i love his take on Charles and Eriks' relationship.
Heart Torn Out chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
That was fucking well written.
beckett77 chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
I really liked this.

Alex is a very interesting (and cute) character. I think that he would have a lot more in common with Erik than most of the other kids, so I think it's appropriate that he would be the one to see through him - to deem him a "traitor." Very sad with the Charles bits, but achingly sweet too.

Thanks for sharing! :)
gabriel42 chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Lovely characterization! I'd never really given much thought to Alex, but your portrayal of the little mutant family and their fate through his eyes really turned him into a person for me. Great writing! Cheers,

Gabriel

PS favorite line: 'Erik got a helmet; Charles got a wheelchair.' So short, yet it sums up the whole dilemma of their 'divorce' so well... It really got to me.
DelightfullyDeranged chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
That was a very profound piece. I think you did an amazing job of getting into Alex's head and showing it from his perspective with his added flair. I don't know if I've come across it done in such a way but you've pulled it off very well.

But that last line was very tragic. Beautifully done.

I hope to see more from you.

DD
dear.cherie chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
I love Alex too! Great work.
Shot of Novocaine chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
This was so beautiful! I'm going through all your stories in your profile from X-Men (with what little time I have...) And I am enjoying every moment that I can absorb in right now. :')

I loved reading this from Alex's point of view, and ha-ha at his puns, that was adorable.

x
ItSureAintSad chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
Wonderful and very accurate characterization. The pedestals line was brilliant.
Romanec chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
Ah, the angst! ... But it was wonderful. I love Alex, too. And you just ... captured everyone so perfectly. This was real. I enjoyed it beyond words. Thank you. :)