Reviews for Under the Surface
On either side the river lie chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
I loved the twist, and it has left me with a huge grin. Cheers
nanowrimoneverends chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
This made me laugh SO MUCH! So incredibly creative. XD
You had me fooled as well. I was cringing while I was reading this, and then I was caught totally by surprise! Bravo! That's not easy to do! :)
megameighteen chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
That was great! I knew it wasn't what it was made out to be in the beginning, but that last paragraph... very good! :)
That'sLadySeaMonsterToYou chapter 1 . 1/24/2012

Nice work :)

-Lady SM
AriadneO chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Hehehe, this was so much fun! I'm not sure I feel very sorry for Isobel - she does live with them, so she has to be accustomed to this to some extent - but poor Cora, to come in and have such an experience. I really do love their desperate attempt at conversation, though! And poor Molesley, though I think I like him all the better for having a giggling fit, especially with the older ladies watching him in horror and Isobel is reprimanding him. I do hope he gets extra pay for being asked to go beyond the call of duty!

Very funny and very cute! (And how did Mary and Matthew reassure their mothers nothing untoward had happened?)
TheShippyQueen chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Haha! That was so funny! I was giggling along with Molesley!
sakurasencha chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
*giggles* this was really cute and charming! I loved the ladies reactions to the noises, and Molesley's outburst. A rocking chair! Genius!
EOlivet chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Hee! :D (you know this totally begs for an M-rated version where it's exactly what Moseley thinks, hee hee ;p ) But I have to admit - this fic totally fooled me. I usually never fall for the "it sounds like they're doing something inappropriate," but you got me! I think because it's easier to imagine with these two. ;) But I love the idea of them working together on a project, so that's adorable, as well. :) Moseley/Anna! Aww! So perfect! :) And hee, a rocking chair...extremely creative. :D And poor Isobel, who will never be able to use it properly! What a fun, creative idea - I so enjoyed it! :) Please keep writing anything at all soon! :D
StuckInThePast chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Oh dude, that was genius. Somuchlove. 33
bijou156 chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
Hehe! I LOVED THIS STORY! :D It was really hilarious from start to finish! I struggled stifling my laughter (note I read it last night & people were asleep _ ) I loved your narrative and characterization of all characters- spot on! I loved M/M happily married and Cora's and Isobel's reactions and how they carry on the conversation uncomfortably & reluctantly with some ease- just like they would most likely do! Hurray for fluffverse! I also liked Anna's comment about Matthew and Mary "making Mrs. Crawley'S Christmas present"- EPIC! I really love your married M/M because it is charming and realistic- I think that if there is a Christmas special or a season 3 were M/M are married I can envision them like this!-quite a lovely and enthralling couple! :D
PBCD chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
Great fun! And you totally got me at the end-didn't see that coming at all! :-D
silverducks chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
HEHE - Lovely story! The characters were all spot on and Molesley's giggling fit was hilarious! Love the M/M happily married slant and Cora and Isobel's reactions...

ESPECIALLY LOVED the little twist at the end, very clever and kept me guessing. I knew something was up, but not quite what...
Silvestria chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
I was laughing so hard my cheeks ache! :D

Difficult prompt but you worked it so well and Molesley's reaction felt very natural. Particularly loved the way Isobel and Cora kept their conversation going - could really see it!

Yay for Fluffiverse!
wantobekate chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
That was a lovely read, thank you. I giggled along with Molesley!