Reviews for Dark as Her Sister was Fair
Couture Girl chapter 2 . 4/19/2012

I love Bellatrix in this! Just the reactions I imagine her to have! :D

Malfoy name instead of a Black name XD coolness, Black names are coolness not Malfoy names.

Much love!

princesstaranee chapter 3 . 1/26/2012
Aw, so cute! I loved how Rodolphus and Bellatrix fought-proposed. That was hilarious!

I really warmed to Narcissa's character, too - she's a lot more gentle than her sister, which is good.

Tara xx
The-Slytherin-Durmstrang-Girl chapter 2 . 8/7/2011
I really like this. Its not canon(I believe). But it makes total sense! Its great!
obsessivegirl73 chapter 3 . 8/5/2011
Those are certainly interesting ideas. Wouldn't have really thought of Narcissa as a half-Malfoy (aside from marriage), and that's definitely a cool idea. :) Great fic! :D

Oh, and I forgot to add this for my responding to the PM- Thanks, I'm sure I will have fun! :D
Expecting Rain chapter 3 . 7/4/2011
The Lucissa engagement scene is very sweet! And I love Bellatrix and Rodolphus's banter, especially the "You're a very attractive woman"/"I know that" part.

Hahaha, I love Bellatrix's guessing game. I like how you've made their relationship - teasing and sisterly, but you can definitely tell that Bellatrix is enough older than Narcissa to feel protective towards her.
Expecting Rain chapter 2 . 7/4/2011
The star thing has been done so often (I've done it too, it's not a criticism), but I really like how you use it here - nostalgia, a childhood game.

Our reasons are exactly the same - the lack of a star name, and the blonde hair. Narcissa doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the Blacks.

I love how Bellatrix reacts to Narcissa being upset - the line that begins "Are you very angry..." It's such a Bellatrix way to react - violence, and caring for Narcissa.

I'm a little blurry to how old Narcissa is in this timeline - she seems pretty young, so is it before Lucius? Why would she decide to be with Lucius then, knowing what she knows? I'm just wondering (in my imaginings she finds out after they're already in love and engaged).
Expecting Rain chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
Ooh, I like the atmosphere of this, so high society! And it's so random (and very cool) that this was inspired by nail polish! I like the ending, how Bellatrix yells at Narcissa and then tries the nail polish in spite of herself...and likes it!
Lady Eleanor Boleyn chapter 3 . 7/4/2011
These are great, Gamma! Loved the second chapter best...that was so bittersweet!
RootsOfAHotelWindow chapter 3 . 7/1/2011
This chapter was lovely. Narcissa was so sweet and excited and then Bellatrix's proposal was the complete opposite. I liked the ending, the idea of a double wedding.
Inkfire chapter 3 . 6/30/2011
That was pretty cute... and I really, REALLY loved Bella's lines at Cissy's "oh you'll never guess!". Hilarious )
Inkfire chapter 2 . 6/30/2011
So, I liked the first piece with the nail polish - Cissy's little rebellion was fun and Bella's reaction, yet her change of mind at the end was pretty ironic. (can't be bothered to put that into two reviews, really sorry :P) as for that one, it's pretty interesting. That's a very violent, Bellatrix thing to have her little sister learn things this way! Especially since Narcissa still seems young, at least mentally, cuddling with her "big sister"... A terrible blow to Narcissa. And the incest... Lucissa. Oh you awful girl, you, screwing that one couple up :P
RootsOfAHotelWindow chapter 2 . 6/30/2011
Aww, sweet chapter! But you have got a point, it seems strange that the only Black that's blonde isn't named after a star ...
RootsOfAHotelWindow chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
Bellatrix seemed really well done here, she's repeating her mother's and her own views about muggles and then in the end she gives in and paints her nail. I found the bit where she looked at herself in the mirror really sad for some reason...And I thought 'stunningly colourless' was a really interesting bit of description. Lovely chapter :)
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
A challenge based on OPI colors, that sounds fun! I liked Druella's characterization, focusing on family pride and showing Andromeda as the exception rather than the rule, and Bella and Narcissa's relationship; not too chummy, not too hateful, and seeing nail polish from a wizarding POV :) Nice job!