Reviews for The Id And The ID
jeellyrod chapter 1 . 4/17
I was laughing the entire time! I also loved the fact that Takato could handle his liquor
JenkatoFan chapter 1 . 8/13/2014
Ori, first I love your fics. I've read almost every single one at least three or four times in the past two years. But, I need to say:

This one fucking sucked so hard it's not even funny. This story, especially for the fiftieth, is an absolute piece of shit and I can't believe Taiki would even upload this. I'm going to make a list in no particular order why:

1. Takato avoids Jen. This is probably the least awful thing about this. They're best friends. Yeah, Takato was afraid but that's no excuse for him to almost completely abandon him. This just irritates me a little, but it's not a huge deal.

2. The insane amount of alcohol abuse in this thing. One, do you know anything about alcohol? Takato is a pretty skinny guy (i.e. doesn't weigh much); physiologically, he cannot handle that much alcohol. Not only that, they didn't eat before drinking (VERY DANGEROUS!), and they are so young. I loved Midnight Buzzed (except for the 'aspirin' thing with Ryou), but that was kind of light drinking. This is going to a fucking adult bar, trying to get wasted. They will become alcoholics if this continues. What would Shiuchon think if she knew about all this? Absolute disappointment because of their addiction. (Alcohol addiction is why I refuse to ever read Schnapps and Amaretto. Just putting that out there.) Not only that, alcohol before 21 (legal age in the US), really, irreparably damages the brain with every sip. You have successfully destroyed their brains.

3. The bar itself. This description of a bar is why I will never go to a gay bar. No lights, deafening music, and waiters who don't fucking give a shit. Filthy bathrooms with shameless men (yes, Lianjie is COMPLETELY SHAMELESS in this fic) just add to the disgusting reality some people live.

4. Ditching your drunk friends. Some people are rapists and they do awful things. I was absolutely horried how you left Takato alone at the table. Then, Takato let Jianliang leave alone. Then, you let Takato take the train alone while under the influence. Then, you let Lianjie get pizzas alone. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? You DO NOT leave your intoxicated friends alone! Especially when one isn't even sober at all to notice the warning signs of anything going wrong.

5. Inappropriateness in front of and to Jianliang. I already said Lianjie is completely shameless in this. But, really, Ori? Downright asking about sexual dreams? Anal probe jokes? Explicitly stating that Jianliang watches Hentai (and gives his brother the link to!) and has these dreams on more than one occasion (which was only hinted in other types of stories).

6. The bullshit psychoanalysis. Without a medical degree, Kenichi should not be giving quack medicine to someone who is still impressionable. He isn't even a MED student. There is no confidentiality between them. You're pulling shit out of your ass and it's pissing me off.

7. You made being gay look absolutely disgusting. I am gay. I have known for many years. I am turning eighteen in only a few weeks and going to one of the best universities in the country. I am out to all my friends, my sister, and a cousin (no relatives except those two know). You made my future look so disgusting and vile. You made it look like being gay is all about alcohol, sex in bar bathrooms, and downright giving no fucks about anything. (And I read [almost] all your stuff! Why is everything else so beautiful and this sucks so much?) You made it feel that it is unnatural, and I hated that feeling years ago! With this story, you made Grandpa Jiyan from that Jiangyu x Yamaki story look right.

8. Complete OOC characters (at least, by your standards, anyway). I have no problem with Lianjie being gay. It's just you made him into some shameless pig with no dignity. You turned Takato into an alcoholic that will need a liver transplant in only a few years. You turned Jianliang into a whiny, self-loathing bitch!

9. The tiny, tiny things that just made me even more pissed off with this crap. How is "Sweet Sixteen" a joke? I couldn't follow Rinchei's hetero-ed story AT ALL. Lianjie constantly missing "projecting" was not funny. Why did Xiaochun have the dating sims this time? Fake ID's just pissed me off so bad. Kenichi should get his dumbass fired! And Takato and Kenta should not have kissed, at all!

Ori, I can't believe you wrote this. This was seriously a request? Exactly how much did you come up with? This doesn't feel like you wrote it. It wasn't funny AT ALL. At parts, it was downright disgusting and cringe-worthy.

I can honestly say that I wanted to cry reading this. This literally made me feel sick and worried if this is what I have to look forward to in my life.

You should not feel proud of this. This is the worst thing you could have written for your fiftieth story milestone. And, Taiki, how the hell could you enjoy reading this? From all your notes, you had tact, a good sense of humor, and morals. This fic just throws all that away and is one big "Fuck you!" to you, me, and all of the readers of this.

You may have just lost one of your biggest fans. I honestly don't think I can read any more of your stuff and think of it the same way.

Great fucking job, Ori. Great fucking job, Taiki. You have ruined all of your stories for me. (I still have hope for Takato the turtle, though. He won't make the same mistakes in his writing.)
Digidestined Dude 15 chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
DAMN! Takato could equal Cana Alberona from Fairy Tail in a drinking contest! And she can drink BARRELS of alcohol!

I'd hate to be Rinchie and Kenichi when Mrs. Li found out that they stole her Bao zi recipe... hehehe...

Awesome Job, Taiki! Keep it up!
Takato the dreamer chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
I really loved this fic! I was a little weirded out on Takato being a drinker, much less a huge drinker, just can't see it, but reading the Authors Note... that does make sense XD Keep up the great work! Not enough Takato/Henry out there!
rrm chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Oh my God. This fic.

I can't even describe how much I kept laughing with Lianjie's antics. Flaming Homosexuals always make everything funnier. Please keep up the good work.
Darkness Within Us chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
I love all the 01-02-Frontier references

Seriously, i love you guys to death

You broght to the best Jenkato fics EVER

But, by focusing on Jenkato only, you guys forget a lot of amazing Digimon couples

I would like a lot to see a fic 'Meimei' style
Riku Murasaki chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Over all, I enjoyed this. Hm...

I guesses Kamesato's was a gay bar form pretty much the first time Lianjie skirted around the issue, before Jianliang had even invited Takato.

Thanks for the plug. I appreciate it, though I don't have a lot up yet.

Happy 50th! (We make it sound like you're 50 years old.)

One million! You can do it!
Kohaku-Koneko chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Wow.. just... WOW... I don't know what to say... this is very... wow...

...

...

Xiaochun's a boy's love fanatic too? I didn't know that. Or that Jen's a lightweight. Or when his birthday is for that matter...
Some U Dunno chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Please, more of Lianjie and his flaming gayness! Love all of your work but Lianjie takes the most of the cake. Specialy love him if his gay and actually with someone. Thank you, Ori-sama, and please, keep up your best! :D