Reviews for Nobody's Baby
Saory2000 chapter 1 . 2/11/2015
beautiful story *0*

You thought to continue ?
It would be interesting
NedStarkOfWinterfell chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
This was amazing! Thanks for sharing.
4573964 chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
This story is fascinating. I read it over on LiveJournal (while perusing one of your more explicit works; it kind of sucks going from unbridled, passionate, blissfully naked Nanao back to overly restrained, fully-clothed Nanao) and wanted to comment and favorite it here. This all seems so canon. Angsty Nanao is so heartbreaking, but I always imagined a childhood like the one described here and in your other fic "Under the Willow Tree." There's a reason Nanao behaves the way she does and your reasons are infinitely plausible. At least Renji and Rukia had each other and didn't let their squallid circumstances disillusion them too much. I was thinking along the same lines for Nanao, that of an early life of poverty, namelessness, feeling totally forsaken and deserving of it. I'm sure for a time her only friend was a constant feeling of worthlessness. If only Shunsui could somehow make the opposite clear to her in a way she could accept as a lieutenant and a woman. You write feisty, icy, angry Nanao just as well as you write her sometimes more romantic, hopeful side.

There were a couple quotes that stung:
"...but she was small enough to be swaddled and carried, and old enough to have learned to cry silently." Such an tragic metaphor for Nanao herself. This should be a learning experience for Shunsui and judging from his tenderness in the cave and by the tree at the end, the lesson was not wasted on him.

"She raised her head, and he was struck by the cold anger in her eyes. 'There is no orphanage out here. Any place you find that says it's an orphanage is a false front used to obtain children for slave labor or perhaps to sell to anyone with enough coin.' "

"But how do you know they're good to the children they take? People can have many faces, and the one they show to the weak and powerless is the most important one, and the one least likely to be seen by someone like you." Her cold despairing tones have thankfully met their match in Shunsui's warmth, his smiles and seemingly simple optimism (even though he's quite a serious guy himself when he wants to be).

BEST LINE EVER. "I'm a very strong swimmer."

"Easy and simple aren't words I would use to describe anything about you, lovely Nanao-chan. But it's easy enough to say it simply: if there's an ocean between us, I'll cross it." Beautiful. Definitely worth multiple reads.
Gaeriel69 chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
"Anything for my Nanao-chan" I love that sentence :P (and now I see that Snowkid said same things, funny !)

Like I expect from you, I love it ! It's adorable, I love Nanao and Shunsui's relationship, u're a good writter ! Thank you very much, I hope I could read a lot of others ShunNao fanfic's from you ! :)
Skyethestarlitangel chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
You should have more reviews then this. This story is great, I even read it twice. I hope you write more!
Hysterical Insanity chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
:) I liked it!

Please ignore my lack of vocabulary; it's almost 11:00 and I've been up since 2.
sesshoumaru4me chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
I like your other story better, but still - it was worth the read!
Capelthwaite chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
That was breathtakingly magnificent. Wow I wish I could write a long review about how that was both emotional and deep. It was beautifully descriptive and the imagery was marvellous and vivid. It’s been quite a while since I was awestruck by someone’s writing (even from published novels) but this story did it. It was beyond brilliant. I envy your storytelling abilities. Wonderful, thanks for the great story.

JenovaJuice97 chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
At first I thought Nanao was going to be pregnant. I liked it.
SakuraMoon08 chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
Yes! Excellent Story! I thoroughly enjoyed it, some of the best fanfiction I have read to date, and I've basically read almost all the Nanao/Shunsui fics there are. Thanks for sharing! Hope to see future works on the pair. - Laura
LazyNezumi chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
First reviewer here! :)

Very well written one-shot. You implied characters very well. I like the way you described emotions they felt. Especially Nanao. I think I haven't read ShunNao fanficion with this topic,so it's really original.(Just in case you don't know what I am talking about i have read almost all ShunNao fanfics here. lol. So I have quite a view on things xd)

eh '

Tuliharja chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
I must say, I really enjoyed this. This fic was really lovely. I liked the how you carried out the plot and revealed little by little what was really going on with Nanao. It was pleasant and somewhat surprising ending result from Nanao's side.

I really liked how you described Nanao and Kyoraku's relationship in this and how it did grow. It felt like they were in perfect harmany against each others while they did communicate which is so both of them.

I think it was somewhat heartbroking how sad Nanao was in reality about her past and roots...But of course Kyoraku could in the end get Nanao realise she is more than worth with a try. It was really heart-warming.

Lovely fic.
claymore47 chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
What a beautiful story ~ Shunsui and Nanao are so in character

I hope you will write more stories on Shunsui and Nanao
Light of the Firefly chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
This is just beautiful work. Good job :)
Snowkid chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
"If you drown it's your own damn fault" I love that sentence!

I'm glad they gave the child to those second district people, you show Nanao of as strong and even though she is a bit emotional she's still strong not irritating like most of those emo nanao's irritate me.

shunsui is awesum 2, he doesn't know everything and stays just like himself, getting to know things he thinks is good 2.

seeya~~ hope you write more shun/nao