Reviews for Truly Beloved
James Birdsong chapter 5 . 2/6
Cool story
Mena In The Garden chapter 5 . 7/4/2014
Please come back and continue this story, it's really lovely. the writing is engaging and I love Mattie and LeBeouf together. Please finish it, we don't have enough of these stories here or anywhere and it's shame to leave something so good just waiting to find out what happens.
Guest chapter 5 . 6/29/2014
Lovely! Please continue writing!
Guest chapter 5 . 7/8/2013
Haha! Yeah, Waco to Seguin would never happen... the really fast horses thing amused me...
CeffylGwyn chapter 5 . 4/2/2013
Ok. I officially love this.

Please write more?! Please! Pretty please? With a cherry on top? *cue most charming smile* :D

I really, really need more of this story! It's perfect!

Everything is just GAH there are no words...The tone is perfect, the pace is perfect and it's all just perfect!

Please write more soon! I know it's been about two years...but surely now would be the time to begin again? I'd be more than happy to beta this fabulous story if you need me to! You know my style already.

Great Chapter! Can't wait for more! :)
Thallys chapter 5 . 4/21/2012
I never though I'd actually read any True Grit fanfiction, but after being titillated to do so having watched the latest film last night for the tenth time, I can only say I'm happy to have had the curiosity to do so !

I have read through all chapters and intend to read through them again. This story is simply extremely good, it's not so much the scenario -that I find interesting- but your writing. From Mattie's characterisation, to the descriptions, to the dialogues. You definitely have talent, and I can only urge you on to write more.

Thank you for this agreeable read, I'll definitely be waiting for more !
NincompoopCorner chapter 5 . 2/25/2012
AmberAnodyne chapter 5 . 2/4/2012
This story is absolutely wonderful. The pace of the story and the re-establishment of the relationship between LaBoeuf and Mattie(if not the pace of the travel on horseback, as you noted) and the word choice are spot on. I can hear the dialogue as I read as if I'm watching the movie.

I know it can be difficult to continue to write a story that you've lost inspiration for, but I hope something pops up that inspires you to finish that. It's just so amazing.

My one and ONLY complaint is that you spelled creek, a body of water, as 'crick' a couple times. And that's pretty miniscule compared to the awesome that overshadows it.
Myself chapter 5 . 1/6/2012
And then?

I sincerely hope that you have not abandoned this, but it has been months, which is distressing. Come now, you can't just leave it as you did and provide no resolution... Surely you see that that is a point in the story where the telling should be picked up again more quickly than not? Kindly re eave the suspence, as I assure you we have had more than sufficient time to stew over the unexpected revelation. MORE than sufficient.

the-mighty-pen325 chapter 5 . 11/2/2011
So it's safe to say I nearly exploded when I'd seen you had updated.

Only to have it ruined by LaBoeuf's gentlemanly manners.

And possible wife?

I have to admit, that through me for a loop towards the end.

Can't WAIT for the next update (and hopefully resolution on the wife issue; if he's married I may shrivel up and die)

Love it, as always :)
Sir Marrok's Wife chapter 5 . 10/27/2011
I'm just so, so happy that you added another chapter. SO happy! *sniff* (Excuse me a minute I have something in my eye...)
Puxinette chapter 5 . 10/27/2011
I loved this line: "It squatted, brown and ugly, like a blemish amongst rolling hills and oak trees verdant with spring." It shows in a picture-perfect way the artistry with which you spin your descriptions. Very nice.

Another great chapter!
Anenihan chapter 5 . 10/26/2011
Married? For shame! You better update soon! This is an excellent story and I can't wait to read more. You write so well! meow
Silver Diva chapter 5 . 10/26/2011
Them married critters will git ya ever'time! Poor Mattie.
Silver Diva chapter 2 . 10/26/2011
Yeah, Mattie, don't settle!

Excellent story! I never got to see the 'new' True Grit, and I read the book before the John Wayne version came out, so have never sat down and watched it either. Books tend to give me own ideas of what the characters look like, and funny thing, John was the only one who fit for me.

Anyway, the 'voice' for the characters is very timely, and you write with humor and cleverness. Look forward to more!