Reviews for High Priest
delicatelyglitterywriter chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
Wow. I love this story! It's amazing!
Misty Blue chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Ah, yes. This was born and grew beautifully. Funny, I haven't given that fact much thought before. But now that I've read this, it makes complete sense! Not only is Jesus portrayed in The Chronicles as Aslan (something we Narnia lovers all know), but what the Pevensie children went through after living their lives as kings and queens and returning to England . . . and what Jesus's life was like; Him being the Supreme and Highest King, the Son of God to an ordinary human among us. They are, as I now realize after reading this fic, not that far from one another. Sure, you can't really compare them totally, but it somehow connects... it sounds quite true, too. A bit sad at the end, though. I mean for Susan, she's already drifting away... But wow, thank you for this piece. It gave me a different light to the wonderful world of Narnia we all adore and love!
97 Diagon Alley chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
He's amazing :) thanks for sharing your tada! with us
servant123 chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Hmm... Well, the ending did make me a bit sad, but that can't be helped, I suppose. I never could handle that ending without pulling out the book and reading Aslan's words as he welcomed them to their forever home 3 It will be amazing someday, won't it? :) A piece of Narnia for us to experience, only better. Congratulations on a well written story, I enjoyed it very much. Keep up the good work!
Ghanaperu chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
I really liked this. I had never thought about it, but you are so right. Jesus was a king, and yet he was a child. I wonder if Lewis thought about that when he was writing Narnia. Anyway, I very much enjoyed it.
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
This is good, but I think you need to put more in it.
the shadow proves the sunshine chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
You know, for as short and dialogue-heavy as this is, I think the strength of this piece comes in your characterization. Each Pevensie is confronted with the same truth, yet each respond to it differently. Peter, Lucy, and Edmund are all more than willing to share in gratitude, but their answers reflect their characters while pointing to a deeper truth at the same time, and it works quite well. Su, of course, is quite saddening as always. I also like how you work Mr. and Mrs. Pevensie into your story, even if their roles are small, which is something you don't often see in the Narnia fandom.

the shadow proves the sunshine
narniagirl11 chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Nice! If you are intrested in reading two Susan stories about her and her belief in Narnia, I wrote two stories called 'The Words I Would Say' which is about how she turns away and 'Just Believe' which is after the train crash and Susan starts to believe again.

I like how Susan says, "Peter is not magnificent!" And then Edmund, "How did you know it was Peter?"
Jeaniverre chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
Just so you know, I thought this was positively lovey:)
WillowDryad chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
That's very nice.

I love Edmund's little "gotcha" on Susan.

Well done. :)
lola Jacob chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
I can't even put into words how good this piece made me feel. Thank you.
HEW chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Perfect, beautiful and true! I always like to think that Susan returns to Aslan on her own later on in her life (as I hope the same for some of my family members). Thank you! :)
Ari Saki chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
Wow. I completely love this story. I had never thought of tying in these two concepts before! It's cool that you are able to bring out some of the more subtle Christian messages from C.S. Lewis' work. :) Keep writing more awesome stories! God bless, Aria
merlyn2 chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Wow! I didn't think of that until I read your story, but that is a great insight - the parallel between Jesus as a king incognito while on Earth, and the Pevensies as Narnian royalty incognito while on Earth.

And I spotted your quote from "The Last Battle" at once.

Thank you for the story.
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 1 . 6/29/2011