Reviews for Official Fanfiction University ASFES
fantasychica37 chapter 13 . 3/3/2016
Then follow the lead of OFUM and don't give any specific advice in your storytelling! Anyway, most of this stuff was in fact how to avoid writing an objectively bad story. Nobody likes a true Mary Sue. I want to find out why Cave Johnson has come back to life!
Amy Dracolomi chapter 1 . 1/13/2016
You want a bad Fanfiction for portal check out ITS MY LIFE By MarrissaTheWriter (the title truly is in all caps) or at least the reposts/commentaries of it
SmartGirl333 chapter 6 . 3/10/2015
(fic-junkie part of brain) I MUST KEEP READING

(logic part of brain) NO THEY SAID CAVELINE ISN'T CANON

(fic-junkie part) BUT IT'S SO WELL WRITTEN
SmartGirl333 chapter 2 . 3/10/2015
YOU DON'T SHIP SPACOSITY? WTF THEY MAKE A PERFECT COUPLE

[/fangirl]

Sorry, it's just that Spacosity is one of my Portal OTPs, under Caveline but above Factventure.
Quill chapter 13 . 11/3/2014
Hey. I know this thing has long been discontinued, but I thought I'd just mention anyway.
The whole thing about _![Character] is a pretty good way to characterize things, I thought. Helps when you're looking for something about a Wheatley who actually is in his original shape, one fanfic floating in a sea of humanized android-shaped British-sounding blokes.
ASBusinessMagnet chapter 13 . 8/4/2014
No, it's okay. You just inspired me to karmically punish myself in every single of my fanfics starting from 2012.
Calyn chapter 13 . 6/20/2014
I'm sorry you think that way now.
Guest chapter 13 . 6/18/2014
That was a beautiful final statement. I wish you good luck on your writings!
Gamerteen13 chapter 13 . 6/18/2014
Well, it's been a fun ride. Sad to see, frankly, that it's come to a close.

I understand all your points, and I think I actually learned them during the course of the fanfic. What makes writing fun is the simple exploration, or plotting out of an idea or concept. "What if Wheatley and the Cores became human?" "Would a robot/human relationship work out?"

Admittedly, it would be pretty bad for the author to feel they had to tag basic canonical traits due to a sudden increase of a certain genre, like Core!Wheatley, or Human!Chell. And the need of all people to spell the characters correctly helps. I.E: Lightning instead of Lightening, Chell instead of Shell, and GLaDOS instead of Glados. But if they feel the need, then that is their right.

Quality, much like morality, is subjective, you can ask anyone. Ask twenty people to read the same story. Some will deride it as it going against headcanons and ships, others will pick at plot devices and any cliches utilized, and some might even find that it just rubs them the wrong way(*COUGH*SPONTANEOUSYAOI*COUGH*), but the rest might call it 'good'. Then you get outright unreadable drivel that still gets called 'good'.

Then writing, as with speaking and painting, is also seen as the medium for which it is. Some people /just/ want to tell a story, while another might want to have an underlying meaning for it all, a moral or aesop to pick up from it. Another might utilize the medium as his or her own personal soapbox. So long as it doesn't get too over-the-top or cut into the quality of the work, are they wrong in doing so? Can they still have a valid story, in spite of their viewpoint?
In terms of opinion, there is no such thing as an enemy. There are people who see their opponents, their detractors, and their critics as their enemy, and they handle them in various ways. In some cases, they demean or belittle what they say, in others they attempt to crush or silence them. Seeing your critics as your enemy is almost an assured sign of you doing /something/ wrong.

Now, I can't make a claim as to the quality of your writing. I felt it to be pretty good, but hey, there's that pesky opinion thing again, alongside that silly vague, undefined term of 'good'.
In any case, my interest was piqued by this story. And if I might be so selfish as to ask, do you think we could possibly get some closure?
I mean, I saw a couple plot threads dangling the past couple chapters. How, for instance, did I come across the plot holes? What is their purpose? What did the 'No Hard Feelings'/Prometheus turret mean by "Be Wary of Loki"? Was that a hint at a potential uprising by Wheatley?
I'm not asking for this to be continued, by any means. You have expressed desire to stop, and I will respect that. But, if possible, could you at /least/ write up a summary of what you were planning?
An epilogue of sorts, tell us the things that happened, and then end it with a 'and then, it was over.'
I know it's not much, but if you want, I could offer assistance. If nothing else, I can try for a Diarnalog entry for the final day. I just need to know what happens.
berriesscratch chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
I'm dying to fill that in. Can I?
AI-15837 chapter 7 . 1/3/2014
I set up an account just to let you know how much I love this story. I'm still laughing about the Frankenturrets (and "glomping," which is my new favorite word.)
One minor point: the physics in this chapter do not take into account air resistance. While I realize this is probably done for dramatic effect, in reality falling objects stop accelerating at terminal velocity, when the force of air resistance equals the force of gravity.
Snowstar20 chapter 12 . 11/23/2013
Wow. I actually learned a lot from this. Relatively. Sort of. I actually have an idea for a cameo character, but you're free to edit her in any way. (What am I talking about? You don't need my permission!)
Soooo here she is, I suppose. •_•; she's kind of Mary sueish. Feel free to delete bad characteristics
Name: Aria
Physical description: Gold hair, gold eyes, lanky and cat-like, and tall.
Chosen item: MP3, iPod, something like that.
Quirks: Extremely bad temper, extremely stubborn, (almost) an arsonist, and if she doesn't want to hear something she'll listen to music loudly.
And, updates are awesomesauce. Just so you know.
Chell chapter 12 . 8/26/2013
Thank you for writing this!
More people should read this before they write a Fan Fiction, the quality would increase greatly.
Perhaps they will understand I do not like Wheatley, he DID try to kill me.
Takareer chapter 12 . 8/9/2013
Quite a good story; you succeed in maintaining a interesting plot with developed characters, while suitably berating the authors for their spelling mistakes (if I ever hear how a building was "barley" standing just one more time!). I must say, if I was in the position of the students, I would be making weapons from the Frankenturrets (they do have the gunpowder inside their ammunition containers, and their sharp legs) to get at the agents. I hate them so much! Not to say they're poorly written, but rather that they're well written and very very hate-able. Well done; I await the next chapter!
Alixstar11 chapter 12 . 7/25/2013
Amazing story. It makes me seriously rethink my preferences in FanFiction *cringe*.