Reviews for Official Fanfiction University ASFES
kikaito chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
Greetings, test subject. Thank you for accepting your invitation to participate in the Aperture Science Fanfiction Enrichment Seminar. (Not that you had a choice.) Before you join us, however, there are a few things we need to take care of. Please answer the following honestly. Dishonest answers will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your testing record, followed by death.

You as a student

Name Kikaito

Age 19

Gender male

Physical description Short, rather round, short red hair, blue eyes, glasses

Shoe size 9 1/2 to 10

How would your friends describe you? Quiet, strange, humor of a demented axe murderer

How would your enemies describe you? About the same as my friends...

Do you have any fears or allergies that we should know about? I have a phobia of needles. I'm allergic to peanut butter and the sun. Not even joking.

Have you been to an OFU before? Nope

Name ONE luxury item to bring with you. Can I take candy? Does that count? If not my DS

How do you feel about wearing orange? Do I have to?

Why do you write Portal fanfiction? Because it's fun

Who is your favorite character? Wheatley!

What pairings do you write, if any, and why? I don't write pairings but I do like most of the coreXcore pairings. And ATLASxP-Body.

Do you write human-transformation fics? No. But I have written one android fic not posted anywhere

If yes, which cores do you portray as female? Curiosity, Cake, and Morality

Have you ever created a Mary Sue/Gary Stu/godmoding character? Not in a loooong time

What ratings do you usually give your stories? (K, K, T, M) T-M but I haven't posted them here

What genres do you usually write? Horror, General

Do you write Portal crossovers? Yes

If yes, what fandoms do you cross with? the Half-Life and Left4Dead universes

You and the canon

Have you played Portal and Portal 2 to completion? I'm stuck on the second to last chamber in Portal and have played Portal 2 single player up to Wheatley's tests. I have watched a Let's Play of both to completion though

Have you read Lab Rat? Yes

What aspect of Chell makes her most able to defeat GLaDOS? She NEVER gives up

What famous thought experiment is it implied that GLaDOS attempts to recreate? The boxed cat thing with the Shro-guy who's name I can't spell

Describe the first Rattmann Den in the first game:

-In which test chamber does it appear? Fff- I don't remember.

-What new challenge is introduced in that test chamber? Turrets

-What initially prevents you from entering the Den? I don't know?

-What phrase is repeatedly written on the wall? The cake is a lie.

Up to what temperature can Aperture Science technology continue to operate? 4000 Kelvin

What visual feature makes the Companion Cube unique? Pink hearts

What shape is an Edgeless Safety Cube? a Sphere

Match these eye colors to their corresponding cores: purple, red, green, pink, orange. Purple-Morality, Red-Rage, Green-Rick/Adventure, Pink-Fact, Orange-Curiosity and Space, Blue-Cake

When in the game is Chell's name used? the Turret Opera

How does Rattmann make killing turrets easier? He did something?

How long has Chell been in Extended Relaxation when Wheatley wakes her up at the start of Portal 2? The announcer was malfunctioning, so something like 2-200 years

What is Wheatley's official title? Intelligence Dampening Sphere.

What happened to Cave Johnson and his assistant? Cave died and Caroline's personality was shoved into a computer.

What item does Chell have with her at the end of Portal 2? The Companion Cube you 'killed' in the fist game

What do you discover at the end of the Cooperative Testing Courses? I haven't completed them yet

By signing this waiver, I hereby release Aperture Science from all liability regarding injury to me over the course of, or resulting from, this eight-week seminar. Any such injury, up to and including death, will be regarded as essential to the pursuit of science and to enriching my Portal-related writing.

Participant Signature Kikaito

Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
mystmoon92 chapter 1 . 6/30/2011

You as a student

Name Mysteriousmoonrock or Mystmoon for short

Age 18

Gender Female

Physical description Short, long dark hair, big brown eyes *blinks cutely* and the pale skin of a vampire

Shoe size 5

How would your friends describe you? Happy, giddy, but shy *moe look*

How would your enemies describe you? Annoying and showers for too long? That’s what my sister says -

Do you have any fears or allergies that we should know about? Dogs scare me, they’re so scary with teeth! And I have hayfever in my nose but not my eyes if that’s an allergy?

Have you been to an OFU before? No! I was too late for the Hetalia one *sobbu*

Name ONE luxury item to bring with you. My teddy bear…I won’t sleep otherwise!

How do you feel about wearing orange? Can I wear red instead? Or purple…that’s my favourite!

You as a writer

Why do you write Portal fanfiction? Cos I love SPAAAAAACE!

Who is your favorite character? The turrets are too cute!

What pairings do you write, if any, and why? GLaDOSxWheatley is love -

Do you write human-transformation fics? No, I like them as cute lil machines

Have you ever created a Mary Sue/Gary Stu/godmoding character? I don’t think so…*thinks* what’s a god mode?

What ratings do you usually give your stories? (K, K, T, M) M

What genres do you usually write? Romance~

Do you write Portal crossovers? I wanna write one with Hetalia!

If yes, what fandoms do you cross with? I just said . pay attention!

You and the canon

Have you played Portal and Portal 2 to completion? No, I watched part of a playthrough of Portal 2 though!

Have you read Lab Rat? What's that?

What aspect of Chell makes her most able to defeat GLaDOS? She’s awesomely mute!

What famous thought experiment is it implied that GLaDOS attempts to recreate? You can experiment with thoughts? *Gets tin foil hat*

Describe the first Rattmann Den in the first game:

-In which test chamber does it appear? Please give a number. Waaa! I don’t know the first game!

-What new challenge is introduced in that test chamber? Guessing, guessing…lazors?

-What initially prevents you from entering the Den? Cake?

-What phrase is repeatedly written on the wall? Ummmmmmmm, lyrics to something?

Up to what temperature can Aperture Science technology continue to operate? 1000000000000000 degrees Celsius

What visual feature makes the Companion Cube unique? It’s all burnt?

What shape is an Edgeless Safety Cube? Umm, if it doesn’t have edges…is it a ball? :3

Match these eye colors to their corresponding cores: purple, red, green, pink, orange. Ohhh…I don’t know…Purple sounds pretty though! Umm, Red would be angry…isn’t the green one the one who likes space? *confused*

When in the game is Chell's name used? Who is Chell?

How does Rattmann make killing turrets easier? Who?

How long has Chell been in Extended Relaxation when Wheatley wakes her up at the start of Portal 2? Oh, oh, I saw this bit, ummmmm, 10 years? A loooong time, I know that

What is Wheatley's official title? British cube? I love his voice~ he sounds like my maths teacher. The good one.

What happened to Cave Johnson and his assistant? Who?

What item does Chell have with her at the end of Portal 2? Ohhh! I saw this bit as well, cos I like the song! Don’t they throw some box at you?

What do you discover at the end of the Cooperative Testing Courses? They were a waste of time?

Participant Signature Mystmoon~

Thank you for helping us help you help us all.

((Not actually part of the form: Hope you're happy Alix, I think I disconnected my brain to write this! *runs crying to the Hetalia fanfiction again*))
Nobody chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
Tell me... Do I actually have to have written any Portal fanfiction to participate? Because this sounds FUN.

Also, good premise. We'll get some more good stories yet...
Anonymous chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
I loved the characters' reactions to common pairings; they really highlight and fit with their distinct personalities.

Looking forward to more!
ASBusinessMagnet chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Nice idea, but I highly doubt Portal fan fiction fares THAT bad.
The Hash Slinging Slasher chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
This story was... interesting. The dialogue at the beginning was kind of hard to follow because everybody kind of jumped in at once. Also, the two agents kind of come off as dirtbags. It's a cool idea though.
GreatZero chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
u should actually pick some authors of stories for this. i think that would be kind of fun. i'd do it. although i dont write anything. unless u teach that too there.
RedVsBlue327 chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
This reminds me of a story almost exactly like this from Avater: The Last Airbender. I remember when the Portal archive was a wonderful, quiet place. Now look at what it has become :( You forgot to mention the new forming ship that supports, and I shit you not, Wheatley x GLaDOS... YEAH... Where did thise fucking idiots come from, the Pokemon archive where theres so many fucking ships you can't count them? Gods how I wish this school thing was real! PLEASE CONTINUE IT! (Sorry it's abit crazy, but everything I said is my true honest reaction)

Take your time but update soon!
Kagetora no Tsume chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
LOL, I love everyone's reaction to the GLaDOS X Chell pairing being mentioned.

This is going to be interesting...
silvermoonbutterfly chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
I don't know what to think about this concept of a story :/

One you're targeting the free, different and some really original ideas. Also a little hypocritical, you made a place were all the characters are thrown together breaking the fourth wall not to mention you're character is going around accusing people for having a 'Mary sues' I know it's not be to taken 'too seriously' But it's bothering

It doesn't sound like a bad idea just the way you wrote it makes it painful to read.

Also i want to point out it is against rules to have an interactive story (interactive means the sending in applications )
PotterPhantomKitten chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Oooh, this seems reallly cool! I can't wait to see where you take this! *goes to PM character application with silly grin on face*!
Hakkari chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
I've seen these kinds of stories fall flat on their backs because they make fun of obvious things. Here's to hoping yours doesn't!

However, a lot of things are very, VERY open in the Portal canon, which is why you find so many different stories. Chell, GLaDOS, and Wheatley's relationships with each other can be interpreted in many ways, just like Chell herself can be, since she's the player and... really nothing else (except stubborn).

I'm going to keep an eye out on this, though. It should be interesting to see where it goes.
Sparkletwinkle chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Name: Sparkle

Age: 17

Gender: Female

Physical description: Short, brown hair, bit chubby

Shoe size: 4 (But why do you need to know this? o_O)

How would your friends describe you? : Sweet, friendly, silly

How would your enemies describe you? : Too awesome for them. That's why they're my enemies :D

Do you have any fears or allergies that we should know about? : Insects flying into me *shudders*

Have you been to an OFU before? What's an ofu? : Good question. I don't know either. It's this place, right?

Name ONE luxury item to bring with you. : Definitely my laptop.

How do you feel about wearing orange? Orange looks good on nobody.

You as a writer

Why do you write Portal fanfiction? Because I love the game and have always enjoyed making up stories.

Who is your favorite character? Either Chell or the turrets.

What pairings do you write, if any, and why? No pairings, mostly. Chell/Wheatley is silly considering he tried to kill her and Chell/GLaDOS is just creepy!

Do you write human-transformation fics? No, I think they're a little overdone.

If yes, which cores do you portray as female? n/a

Have you ever created a Mary Sue/Gary Stu/godmoding character? No way! I like to think of myself as a good writer, thanks!

What ratings do you usually give your stories? (K, K, T, M) I would say from K-T. The idea of writing a M fic about Portal squicks me out TBH!

What genres do you usually write? Going from the one story I have published ATM, hurt/scifi.

Do you write Portal crossovers? No but it would be fun to do in the future.

If yes, what fandoms do you cross with? n/a

You and the canon

Have you played Portal and Portal 2 to completion? Both games twice.

Have you read Lab Rat? Yup, I couldn't get enough of it!

What aspect of Chell makes her most able to defeat GLaDOS? Her tenancy that nearly led to her being rejected from testing.

What famous thought experiment is it implied that GLaDOS attempts to recreate? The Schroedinger's Cat experiment.

Describe the first Rattmann Den in the first game: It is behind a open panel with a radio, random block-things and a lot of cans. On the wall is scrawled: The cake is a lie the cake is a lie, as well as a picture of a turret and a camera.

-In which test chamber does it appear? Please give a number. Test chamber 16, with the sentry turrets.

-What new challenge is introduced in that test chamber? Everyone's favourite cute but deadly sentry weapon: the turret.

-What initially prevents you from entering the Den? Two cubes holding the panel open, which you have to use to kill the turrets.

-What phrase is repeatedly written on the wall? The cake is a lie the cake is a lie the cake is a lie the cake is a lie

Up to what temperature can Aperture Science technology continue to operate? 4000 degrees Kelvin.

What visual feature makes the Companion Cube unique? Hearts 3 Love you Companion Cube! *sob*

What shape is an Edgeless Safety Cube? A sphere.

Match these eye colors to their corresponding cores: purple, red, green, pink, orange. Purple was Morality, Red was Anger, Green was Rick The Adventure Sphere, pink was Facts and orange was either Curiosity or Space, I forgot which.

When in the game is Chell's name used? Both in the credits and briefly in the turret opera at the end of Portal 2 (Oh Chell!)

How does Rattmann make killing turrets easier? Drawing on the ceiling where you need to shoot a portal. Bloody things shoot you whilst trying to do it though.

How long has Chell been in Extended Relaxation when Wheatley wakes her up at the start of Portal 2? 999999999999 days.

What is Wheatley's official title? Intelligence Dampening Sphere. (The moron they built to make GLaDOS a idiot!)

What happened to Cave Johnson and his assistant? Cave died of moon rock poisoning and Caroline got placed into GLaDOS.

What item does Chell have with her at the end of Portal 2? The Companion Cube she gets returned to her :D

What do you discover at the end of the Cooperative Testing Courses? HUMANS! I SAVED SCIENCE :')

Participant Signature Sparkletwinkle
Karen Elaine DuLay chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
I'm sending Alix my application, since I have a message from her to reply to yet. This would have been easier if I knew anything about Portal... _'
Iceideth chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Whoops, got one wrong.

What initially prevents you from entering the Den? Turrets. (Wrong)

Cubes. (Correct)