Reviews for Official Fanfiction University ASFES
Bryce chapter 12 . 7/16/2013
*quiet chuckle* Oh, grammar tests? Oh I'm gonna ace it... I always know the difference between homophones... And the others. Fancy not knowing 'complement'... Standard maths term. Well, I know I'll be ready.
And Mary-Sues, eh? Must be a reference to 'IT'S MY LIFE', among other things... Though they always make for good G-Mod videos...

But Cave Johnson is weirding me out. I wonder if I can slip away and do some searching myself...
Gamerteen13 chapter 12 . 7/13/2013
Glad to see you all are still doing this.
Got anything on phonetic dictation or crossover sues planned?
Hmmm... Wasn't I doing something? Oh yeah. This thing.

Dear Diarnalog,
(Note to self: Think of better name)
Class today was annoying.
Big event we had to do was a maze that reminded me of something yanked out of JumpStart.
Simple enough. We were given an example sentence with a word missing. There were two doors, both marked with similar words, like affect/effect and foul/fowl.
That was fairly easy... Except for the affect/effect part, anyway.
I may be wrong on this, but I think the example sentence was "Failure in this room would [REDACTED] your testing record poorly."
...Okay, I pulled that out of thin air. But it was something like that, I think.
It wasn't obviously effect, so I went with affect. Luckily enough, I got it right.
After that, we went to a lecture on Mary Sues.
I took notes and compared them to Naruto from my fic.
"If a girl, slim and delicate, even if she ought to have muscles. If a boy, MUSCLES. BUFF. SHIRTLESS." Naruto is a ninja. He works out a lot. Of course, the Aperture Science jumpsuit doesn't come off much at all. Besides, he's thirteen.
"Either constantly brave and cheerful or constantly gloomy and depressed. Regardless, all other characters are drawn to him/her." He's Naruto. That's him /all the time/.
"Extremely persuasive" Re:He's Naruto.
"The best at ANYTHING s/he does. Consequently always turning up with new abilities" Naruto isn't the brightest bulb in the bunch. But he is generally pretty good at jutsu.
"S/He IS the story. Without him/her, there IS no story." He's the main character of an anime named after himself, dropped into the story of a single-player puzzle game where he's literally the /only character/. There is /literally/ no story without him.
...Well, maybe I could have handled things a little better.
Using clones en masse to create a bridge over an acid pit, with GLaDOS barely reacting might not have been the best of ideas. And him suddenly dropping the use of jutsu altogether about halfway through wasn't exactly in-character.
...Ugh. Writing fanfiction is hard. Anyone who says otherwise is either A) Infinitely better than me, or B) Doing something horribly wrong.

On a wholly unrelated note, someone apparently redirected my order for pepper spray to the Anger Core.
No clue what in the world they were thinking. The core has no fingers to operate the spray trigger with.
Reported this strange occurrence to one of the agents. Katz, I think her name was?
Resubmitting form request for pepper spray.

Good Thought of the Day: If the maze was this easy, then the rest of them are probably cake.
Neutral Thought of the Day: AFFECT AFFECT AFFECT, REMEMBER AFFECT.
Bad Thought of the Day: ...Murphy's Law is going to murder me for that Good Thought, isn't it?
Evil Thought of the Day: We've got a dyslexic kid in here. If I were evil, I'd be teasing the heck out of her for that. Maybe. ...Hmm... Would it be rude to ask her how she solves word scrambles?

Glad to see you both are back in action again. I honestly thought this thing was dead.
(PS: Noticed that the formatting I used on some of my older posts vanished. There's a break between IC and OOC between "Hmmm... Oh yeah, This thing." and "Dear Diarnalog", as well as the Evil Thought of the Day and "Glad to see you both are back in action again.")
Aanon chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
Welcome back! :D I love this story because it helps me understand more about writing fiction. I can't write, but it's fun reading about how it should be made! This story is greatly helpful in many ways. Thank you for writing this! Can't wait till next chapter ;)
The-doctor-is-on-fire chapter 11 . 4/11/2013
well, this is hilarious.
AmalyaSoramuni chapter 11 . 12/12/2012
I love it! Please keep writing, because I KNOW I need lots of help writing fanfiction. (still haven't... quite... gotten over Chelley...)
randomSWEDISHperson chapter 11 . 10/30/2012
You know, I really hope all of your grammar lessons are correct, because, you know, English isn't exactly my native language... (Is that what it's called? I don't know.)
But seriously, I REALLY hope they're correct, because, you know, I don't have many sources on that point, so this is one of the few things that I learn from...
Not that I have ever written a fanfiction for this particular franchise. That's good, right? It means I can impossibly have created a... what are they called, again? I'm such an idiot. You know what I mean, right? No need to explain.
By the way, I've been wondering about something. Does that so-called university give the students medicines or not? Like, if someone has asthma, and gets taken there, do they get medicine or do they have to choose it as the thing they bring? I'm just curios.
Oh, and one more thing. I want an entire collection of 'stories' about this kind of 'Fanfiction Universities' for different franchises. I would ask for permission to do it myself, but, as I said before, English isn't my native language. Which means I could impossibly do it myself without screwing up BIG TIME. That, and I am not really the best fanfiction writer ever...
...
This has got to be the longest review I've ever written.
Bryce chapter 11 . 10/28/2012
(Again, muttering)
Seems like testing is going to begin soon... Worrying. What happens if we die in testing? Life doesn't have save points... Does GLaDOS have mind maps? Clones? That was in a story...
I should stop talking to myself... Someone's bound to think I'm crazy... Hell, they probably already do. (Looks around suspiciously)
Well, anyway, good thing I keep fit... And the long fall boots will keep me in good health. I guess if I'm uncertain about dying, I'll just have to not.
Me chapter 11 . 10/26/2012
Human! Ccaarrooliinee
ASBusinessMagnet chapter 11 . 10/26/2012
This is still updating
Sakuragami chapter 11 . 10/25/2012
This. Is. AWESOME. Not Sparta, but awesome. I loathe Portal suefullness, because I think of my experience and know that it did not go perfectly. At all. There was even this glitch, where the game autosaved while I was leaping over a gap. I missed where I was landing, and then got stuck in an endless loop of respawning and dying in mid-air. Slightly off topic, though. C'est la vie. Keep on writing this awesome stuff!
Karen Elaine DuLay chapter 11 . 10/25/2012
22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22
Concernedcitizen chapter 10 . 8/19/2012
Did you abandon this story?
FlickingWalruses chapter 10 . 8/3/2012
Please update soon :D Btw, I used to be The37thDrummer (aka Alex), and I probably would hold a WheatDOS meeting XD
Idk. Love this story though, keep it up! :)
Dia chapter 4 . 5/30/2012
Marissa Roberts must really, really love frankenturrets...Also, this is why I never write my own fanfics...I cringe reading them.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/28/2012