Reviews for Official Fanfiction University ASFES
Bryce chapter 10 . 5/27/2012
(more self muttering)

Humph, I didn't learn anything then... I already know all about the Combine. And that Vortigaunt arriving on time was a nice touch. I wonder if Dr. Freeman will make an appearance? And if they needed an expert that badly, they could have asked me...

And, I should probably make some friends here, they may be useful. And, I guess, relaxing, but there isn't much time for that here...
Curtisimo chapter 10 . 5/27/2012
I'm actually really GLaD we had that class. I've only played half-life 2, so I was always a little confused as to what exactly was going on, and why there was space military everywhere.

Also... Plot holes... herm...

Oh. OH! Please tell me no one Alan Wake'd. Because a certain... thing... is always willing to fill in plot holes...
msfcatlover chapter 10 . 5/26/2012
Well, none of this bodes well for anyone...gotta say, though, love J. He fits right in. Also, Headcrabsawesome; 'tis a mathmatical fact *nods sagely*
Bryce chapter 9 . 5/24/2012
(Muttering to myself)

There's something off about that Alix woman... She was perfectly imitating that guy's voice, and yet, by her own logic, how did she know she was right? Furthermore, GLaDOS's as well..? She's definitely hiding something, and I'll be darned if I don't find out what...

And class today was so boring... I already know how to use apstroohes. I remember learning properly back in grade four, and it's not like my skills have waned. Ugh, I don't know about everyone else, but these grammar and punctuation classes are annoying me.

Hm, day off tomorrow. Might do some investigating...
A1v1n1 chapter 9 . 5/20/2012
Awesome! Can't wait for the next chapter!
MysteriousMoonCo chapter 9 . 5/20/2012
Awsome chapter! GLaDOS's whole lecture on the use of apostrophes was very informative. _ And what's this? Do I detect some plot? I can't wait to see how this whole thing with Cave turns out!
msfcatlover chapter 9 . 5/19/2012
OOOOeeeeOOOO! Spooky!

Aso, ow that you've reminded me of the voices-thing, I wonder if the robots can hear their own voices...
Banshee chapter 9 . 5/19/2012
I like this story. The plot is good, everybody is in character, and there is plenty of good ol' Tom foolery. I wish I had found your story earlier so I could submit a main character. As it is I'll just shoot you a filler character.

Name: Alice Neichin.

Sex: (yes please) female

Age: 24

Favorite character: Wheatly

Description: Short, blond, blue eyes, lots of freckles, and lesdixic. (That thing that makes you read letters and numbers backwards, thus making spelling almost impossible.) Plus a dash of good old ADHD.

I hope to be reading a lot more from you two. Until then, be sure to think with portals.

XD
Curtisimo chapter 9 . 5/19/2012
Yay, some actual book learnin'! Who would've guessed the most boring part of the story came from GLaDOS, though...

I love how the frankenkoobs have changed. Originally a "bad thing that happens when you misspell" they're now just everyone's pets.

Also, Cave Johnson is STILL ALIVE!

(koob is the correct spelling. Cube is a common way to misspell koob.)
interdimensionalPortaller chapter 9 . 5/19/2012
Cave Johnson from "Earth One" is attacking your universe, isn't he.

I understand. He also attacked Inter-Dimensional. Worst days of its management I ever had.

Of course then a bird took the "Mindaugas NaruĊĦis" cyborg boy and remade him to be part bird, but that's for the next chapter of Yes, You Got The Patient's Name Right.
MysteriousMoonCo chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
Misty: Woot! Finally, an update! I was worried that you'd forgotten about this fic. _

Of course, being Vice President of the Chelley Club, I have to defend my favorite shipping. I'm not denying that you've made some valid points, I just want to put in my two cents. So, without further ado, here's:

Ten Counters for Your Ten Reasons Why 'Chelley' Isn't True

1.) Ok, yes, it is true that Chell would probably not fall in love with a robotic metal sphere. However, that doesn't mean that there is no possible way they could have a relationship. Yes, the whole 'human transformation' concept is a bit silly, but for all we know Wheatley could have been a human turned AI like GLaDOS. He certainly sounds and behaves more human then the other personallity constructs.

2.) Following my previous statement, Wheatley exhibits more human-like emotions than the other AIs, so who's to say he is incapable of love. Maybe not at first sight necessarily, but in time he might discover that he has feeling for Chell.

3.) True, Wheatley is designed to be an idiot and can be oblivious, but he's not completely braindead. I'm pretty sure he would at least notice romantic advances.

4.) Okay, yes, they barely know each other. But if you just woke up from a several hundred year coma and the first sentient being you meet is also the first robot in this facility who is not only not trying to kill you, but is helping you escape, wouldn't you develop some attatchment to him? He was the only ally Chell had, and although she might not necessaarily love him, she would at least have a close bond of friendship with him. As for Wheatley, Chell was one of the first, if only, humans that was never mean to him and actually put up with his ramblings and stupidity.

5.) As I preiviously stated, Wheatley is most likely predjudiced against humans because he was likely treated badly by the Aperture scientists because of his idiotic nature. But, once again, Chell is probably the first human who put up with him, hence why he tried to apologise for his insult. Just because he dislikes humans in general doesn't mean he dislikes Chell.

6.) Pardon? When exactly did Wheatley suggest to turn Chell in to GLaDOS? And as I recall, he always seemd happy to see that Chell made it through the tests safely. And he was considerate of her sometimes, like whenever he would light dangerous jumps for her when they were escaping.

7.) Yes, he was insensitive for all the brain damage comments. But like you said, it was probably due to his programmed idiocy. He may not have even been aware that Chell might have found those comments insulting.

8.) Yeah, this one is kind of a deal killer. But he was incredibly sorry for trying to kill Chell. And I doubt that Chell would be completely angry at him, considering all the times he helped her while he was still good. I think she would eventually forgive him. I mean, can anyone seriously stay mad at that adorable little ball of British cuteness for that long?

9.) Okay, very valid point. But like I said earlier, they don't necessarily have to fall in love instantly. It would take time, and a human body for Wheatley, but they could find love eventually over the course of a well written and well paced story. I'm just saying, it could happen with enough time and appropriate circumstances.

10.) Let me make one point perfectly clear: For the record, we have absolutely no idea what was running through Chells head at the time of the final battle, or what she planned on doing once it was over. Maybe she did feel nothing for him at the time and didn't care what happened to him, or maybe she was just doing what she had to do so the wouldn't all die in a giant fireball and wasn't interested in revenge at all. Maybe she would have tried to take Wheatley with her if and when GLaDOS let her go, or maybe she didn't want to let go of him and send him careening of into space. The truth is, we don't know and probably never will know what she thought or would have done.

Whew, that was a big rant. But, as I said before, I respect your points on the matter, but I'm just defending my favorite shipping.
Lydiacatfish chapter 8 . 4/19/2012
Wheatly tried so hard to kill her, especially in that part with the pit. He's like, "Down in the pit is your parents! And a pony! And a boyfriend! And shoes! And other things girls like. So please just jump in the pit." I bet some of these students would go for jumping in the pit if he told them such things were there.
JasonChurch chapter 8 . 4/18/2012
Ok.. liked this chapter. One point that was not raised is that emotional attachment does not equal love. There is little doubt in my mind that Chell would have developed an emotional attachment to Wheatley in the beginning of the game, which is part of the reason why Chell is not reluctant at all later in the game. Wheatley betrayed Chell's trust by smashing her down into Old Aperture. Just a thought people. Anyway, cannot wait for the next chapter.
Arvata chapter 8 . 4/18/2012
I like how your story is developing so far The plot is highly interesting and you write quite well. While fan-fiction does exist to humor the question "What if..?", I agree that certain grammar-requirements and levels of respect for the canon plot/characters should be upheld. The sense of humor utilized is a nice breath of air in between the intriguing classes, which, I must say, are the main reasons I follow this. I love how you confront popular theories and pairings and can barely wait to read more, so please continue whenever you have the time.

On another note, I'm glad that you've toned down Alix's attitude at least somewhat in the later chapters. It's been bugging me quite a lot. Being able to impersonate a famous, omnipotent character is cool and all, I get you, but to degrade said character by letting your alter-ego copy her best and most intimidating features is just downright selfish and disrespectful. Doesn't she have traits of her own to be recognized for? Because there is only one GLaDOS, that should be clear to anyone. And I understand that both of you need authority and control over the cast to run that school, but just don't get too cocky, that's my advice. Not flattering at all. You are guests in Aperture too, remember, just like the students. So simply watch out for that, and you'll be fine.
kitty- ultimate sherlockian chapter 8 . 4/15/2012
Oh. My. Cave.

I have to say, I loved that! Please tell me there will be more?

I cant wait!

I personally dont write fanfic, on the premise that I suck. And that I prefer reading amazing fanfic to writing a legible one. I wan tto be in this school in real life because I would love to meet the characters. But that is beyond the point.

please do keep writing, I would absolutely adore reading more. Especially the foreboding bit with morality core.

Also, good luck with the number thing.

And I beg your forgiveness for any atrocious spelling, I am on my non-spellchecking nook.
172 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »