Reviews for Red Brick Road
Minato4Yellowflash chapter 40 . 8/23
So suspenseful! I loved how you went really deep with each character, seamlessly flowed through different povs and never let me catch my breath until I reached the bottom of the last page. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Amazing piece of writing, the best mentalist fanfic that I've ever read! Truly. This felt like an actual episode, I could imagine Simon baker and robin and the others acting this out in the mini cinemas inside my head. Thank you you so much for posting this, I had the time of my life! Your writing skill amazes me, really does, because I find it extremely hard to keep my stories at a fast pace, and I'm terrible at switching povs. Hence the reason why this is so going to be my textbook for upping my writing skills! Thank you! _
MartyMac49 chapter 40 . 4/15
What a wonderful story - one of my favorite Mentalist tales of mystery, pain, and in the end love wins out! Just love it.
FiascoWay chapter 40 . 3/1
What a fantastically well written TM jaunt!
MichaellaD chapter 39 . 9/16/2014
"Jane smiled at her, his heart still gushing blood."
I wonder just how many times on the show this has described Jane's smile.
MichaellaD chapter 28 . 9/16/2014
Love the bromance here.
MichaellaD chapter 6 . 9/16/2014
"Jane watched her go, feeling extra-pleased with himself. He hadn't done a single thing to get himself yelled at, punched in the nose, or thrown off the property. Lisbon was going to be so proud."
Why do I have a very bad feeling that this is going to be a prime example of irony...
MichaellaD chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
"Gibson, or something like that?"
Okay, I did not expect that line to make me snort with laughter. But it did.
LouiseKurylo chapter 40 . 6/2/2014
Excellent story, beautifully written. Wow. Thanks for writing it.
LouiseKurylo chapter 8 . 6/1/2014
Excellent, taut suspense. Scary as hell.
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
Nice interview. Very in-character, very much like the show. Thanks.
Lavenderangel chapter 40 . 2/16/2014
Jeez, but this was the best way to spend an afternoon. I loved everything about this fic, from Jane's quiet resolve, to Van Pelt getting to kick a bit of ass. Not surprisingly, your Lisbon was my favorite. I just watched His Red Right Hand for the first time last night, and this was a far better follow up to it than what we saw on the show. Lisbon is stoic, but the wounds are clearly so fresh, and I loved how it was never overtly discussed, but always not far from her mind. God, she is so great. /fangirl

Just like the show, that end scene in the car was a surprise punch to the gut. You wrote Jane's happy confusion wonderfully, and him jolting back to reality was awful. Father!Jane isn't something I ever thought I'd want to see in fic, but this may have permanently changed my mind.

Finally, on a sappy note, I love that he was falling asleep noticing Lisbon's perfume, and that she noticed and made everyone quiet down. There's not much I *didn't* love, basically. Thank you so, so much for this piece.
itsav0lcan0 chapter 40 . 12/18/2013
I just reread this and love it. It feels like it could have been an actual episode. Your characterizations of the team are spot on, especially Jane. Excellent work.
Krill chapter 40 . 9/26/2013
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE
CrazerCat chapter 40 . 3/25/2013
This was a fantastic story. I really enjoyed it!
Swedish fan chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Brilliant story telling and an exquisite language! I just couldn't stop reading :-)