Reviews for Alexander, Revisited
zhouhua00 chapter 30 . 6/11/2013
Ah my dear:

I am very happy to see the ending chapter on the special day. I read it yesterday but I was too busy doing my translation to leave a comment.

I love the happy ending (who doesn't?), and God meddling with worldly affairs reminded me of Iliad. Apollo is very cunning, shouldn't Hermes be the cunning one? LOL! I am glad to see Hephaestion's son becoming a great general for Alexander's son, even though I prefer to see Hephaestion having a daughter and marry Alexander's son and their grandson would rule the empire one day - that's the original plan at Susa Wedding, isn't it?

Now some serious stuff: you obviously like Perdicaas very much, but he never impressed me as a competent general or politician, and he messed up badly after Alexander's death. IMO He wouldn't be able to hold Alexander's empire together, even without Ptolemy, Seleucus & Co, other people would rise up and tear the empire apart.

What will history be if Hephaestion survived Alexander and became regent? He is certainly a lot more capable than Perdicaas, but I don't think even he is capable of holding the empire together. Chances are he would keep the Asian part together for himself, and instead of Seleucid Empire we will have Hephaestion's empire. But he won't be able to hold the whole empire together.

I am sure you are aware Caesar is a great admirer of Alexander, and towards the end of his life people flattened him by calling him the new Alexander, Alexander's true heir, Alexander of Rome, etc. And I read somewhere that Caesar replied that he was very different from Alexander because Rome is different from Macedon, that Alexander was greater than Macedon and in order for his empire to survive he would have to live forever. On the other hand, Rome was greater than any of his brilliant sons, and it will survive without any of them. And sure enough, Rome survived after the assassination of Caesar, while Macedon Empire crumpled as soon as Alexander died.

Well, this is a wonderful story and I hate to see it end. :) Congratulation for the amazing work!

Guest chapter 30 . 6/10/2013
Very enjoyable reading. Sorry I haven't given feedback sooner on this "novel". Lovely memorial to Alexander on this special day. Great story that continues to fascinate. I am sure Alexander would ha e been thrilled
LYSIS
violetsuki chapter 30 . 6/10/2013
My dear, you were right. I am totaly surprise by your end chapter. It 's really unexpected but I like it a lot, even if I am a little sad to quit your universe.
toobeauty chapter 30 . 6/9/2013
OMG! this truly twisted mind of you! Only YOU could have cretaed such an amazing plot!
My head still spins with so mnay twists, comings and goings among all the mortal and gods...
And you made Alexander and Hephaestion inmortal in the most fantastic and believable way ...
is this really the end or just the end of this book?
Looking forward to reading about those other plots you already mentioned me.

Thanks for sharing this masterpiece, a true jewel for the ALexander's World!
Long live the King and Hephaestion!
toobeauty chapter 29 . 6/7/2013
awww thank you so much for this dedication and your heartfelt wishes.
Love the descriptions of the ridders while they were marching and how Phai took command when reaching Perdicas's camp; he already knew Colin could act as a man in power.
You depicted Hephaestion as a true master mind and his actions were quick and witty as usual.
WOW You truly have a very complicated mind to create all the situations spoken in the tent.
Love the banter between Jared and Phai and now I am intrigued about those letters the brunette wrote to his master.
You know what I think about Ptolemy but your reasons for his execution were true.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Alex is there and kissing his Phai without caring about who was looking.
*poutz* what a cruel cliffhanger.

Love the updtae!
zhouhua00 chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
My comment for Chapter 29 didn't display correctly. And FF won't allow me to delete, edit or post a second comment (which is ridiculous), so let's try again here.

Ah, my dear:

I should have told you how excited I was to see the new update. I printed it out and spent hours reading it in the weekend. And I am reading it again in my office and enjoyed it thoroughly.

1. I am very surprised to see how poorly guarded the Macedonia camps were. Alexander is going to roll in his grave. Aren’t they supposed to be far better guarded and alarmed? I don’t know how good a general Perdiccas was, even though judging by his terrible ending he was at most a mediocre one, still I am surprised the iron army Alexander molded deteriorated so rapidly after his death.

2. Great minds think alike! I already thought they would come on the night when Perdiccas was murdered, because that’s when most drama took place. I was surprised you have Seleucos and Antigenes killed right on the spot, especially Seleucos. So much for the founder of Seleucid Empire. LOL!

3. I expect people more stunned and dumfounded to see Hephaistion alive. Your people were shocked but not that shocked. They accepted Hephaistion resurrected pretty easily. I expected they made lengthy protests that Hephaistion was a fake & dummy the whole night. Even though I understand you have more important business to do with them.

4. I certainly don’t think Perdiccas allowed Ptolemy to steal Alexander’s body as a plot. Perdiccas had more than enough enemies, and the last thing he wanted is another power enemy. Perdiccas was in a very desperate situation when he fought Ptolemy, and look where it ended.

5. You don’t like Ptolemy, do you? Well, neither do I. And I laughed at the scene that the founder of Ptolemy Dynasty was grossly executed. At least he had a more decent death than Seleucos. What are Caesar and Mark Anthony going to do, with no Cleopatra in sight? LOL!

6. At the celebration banquet I thought this is the end of the story and our boys are going to look for Alexander in the next chapter. I am already imaging the kind of adventures they would take when boo! Alexander appeared from thin air and all bets were off. My dear you owe us a chapter of adventures!

7. I am very touched by the reunion scene and I had tears in my eyes. Who is that woman who seems to have Godly power anyway? I expect Alexander meet with either Hade or Zeus, I mean, who else could resurrect a dead person? And the promises she made…those are grand promises, I don’t remember even Zeus has such kind of powers. LOL!

8. Please…let Alexander chose the first one, so we can read more about their adventures. Remember you owe us one when you have Alexander appear from nowhere and spoil all the fun of another adventure. Look at my puppy eyes…I would like to see A/H meeting with people in different era, perhaps Caesar, Augustus, Napoleon, George Washington, and Abraham Lincoln? Just name a few. Can’t wait for that!

zhouhua00 chapter 29 . 6/5/2013
Ah, my dear:

1.I am very surprised to see how poorly guarded the Macedonia camps were. Alexander is going to roll in his grave. Aren’t they supposed to be far better guarded and alarmed? I don’t know how good a general Perdiccas was, even though judging by his terrible ending he was at most a mediocre one, still I am surprised the iron army Alexander molded deteriorated so rapidly after his death.

3.I expect people more stunned and dumfounded to see Hephaistion alive. Your people were shocked but not that shocked. They accepted Hephaistion resurrected pretty easily. I expected they made lengthy protests that Hephaistion was a fake & dummy the whole night. Even though I understand you have more important business to do with them.

4.I certainly don’t think Perdiccas allowed Ptolemy to steal Alexander’s body as a plot. Perdiccas had more than enough enemies, and the last thing he wanted is another power enemy. Perdiccas was in a very desperate situation when he fought Ptolemy, and look where it ended.

7.I am certainly very touched by the reunion scene and I had tears in my eyes. Who is that woman who seems to have Godly power anyway? I expect Alexander meet with either Hade or Zeus, I mean, who else could resurrect a dead person? And the promises she made…those are grand promises, I don’t remember even Zeus made majestic promises like that. LOL!

violetsuki chapter 29 . 6/1/2013
I was so glad to see and read your new chapter. You make my evening light. Thank you my dear.
And you know, I have my little idea about the choice of Alexander. ;-)
Norrsken chapter 12 . 5/11/2013
Dear Delos,

Many intriguing developments. I enjoy the twists and turns of this AR tale, it is new and fascinating. Your imagery of the Macedonian / Persian Court is interesting, I like it, it feels almost *real*.
Poor Bagoas, his fate is complicated, he is an OMC in your tale. He has no luck with Jared, I see. :)

I wonder a lot what will happen next? More later and all the best wishes,

/ NorthernLight
Norrsken chapter 11 . 5/3/2013
Dear Delos,

Back on track, at long last ! My apologies for the delay. I like my return and re reading of this tale. It is a most interesting AR / AU story.

Poor Damian. He has great difficulties to adjust to the Macedonian / Persian Court, getting to know them all with all their dangers and intrigues. It is good that he has Jared as a friend. Their intention to save *our* Hephaestion are good and well meaning. I hope that they will be successful.

All the best wishes and many thanks for sharing,

/ NorthernLight
toobeauty chapter 28 . 4/7/2013
I am finally able to read this amazing update! wow as usual you gift us with all the possible feelings!
I can understand Colin's anger but it was not Jared's fault this time.
it was nice to see how happy everybody was of seeing Jared-Laertes back. I loved Neil's comment on Drypetis and Cupid!
AHA! Jared was able to summarize Hephaestion's life is so few words!
poor Drypetis, seeing her husband alive while he still thinks that his gaol at resurrecting was to be by Alexander's side.
I like that she is quite intelligent and understanding, I really hope that phai will honour her wishes!
Thanks for sharing this!
zhouhua00 chapter 28 . 3/24/2013
Ah my dear:

First of all I am overjoyed to see a new chapter. I printed it out so I can bring the printout around and read it. :)

This chapter is a real jewel and I enjoy every bit of it.

Colin's frustration back to the 4th century BC is very real, and I feel sorry for the man. After all, he had a wife and three children and therefore can't simply disappear...But he also needed to realize that Hephaistion didn't ask for it and he couldn't blame him for the mess. Even though of course Hephaistion was overjoyed to come back, and I think he was going to be more overjoyed without Colin. LOL!

I thought the poor boys are going to suffer a while under the merciless sun in that miserable cave, and you certainly grant them a miracle let Jared & Neil finding Theocles & Co. I am certainly very happy (almost as happy as Jared) to meet with their old pals again!

About Drypetis: I almost forgot about her. So she wasn't murdered by Roxanne after Alexander's death? Only her sister Stateira was murdered? She certainly looks a very strong-willed and self-sufficient lady, very different from the tragic, helpless victim in history. And I like her a lot. I don't mind if Neil wants to have a relationship with her. Bring a real Persian princess back to the 21st century!

About Jared: I almost feel he is the happiest to be back to the 4th century BC, I mean, I know Hephaistion is all eagerness but still...the way Jared greeted everyone and made himself so comfortable with the new surroundings, I can't help laughing. It is like he is back home. :)

About Hephaistion: Of course he wants to come back to save Alexander, even though I couldn't figure out how they were going to resurrect Alexander who was not only dead, but also mummified. But hi look what happened to Hephaistion, died and mummified and came back to life. So there is hope. And if Drypetis wanted to have a relationship with Neil I would say let them, after all, Hephaistion owed Neil those time-traveling stones.

About Diadochi War: What exactly was the time now? 321 BC? 320 BC? If Eumenes already won over Kraterus then Perdiccas would already be murdered by his good pal Seleucus & Co, who conspired with his other good pal Ptolemy.

Alexander's companions and comrades were so eager to murder each other and calve up his empire it sent cold shivers down my spine. Of course men are all greedy and shameless, but Alexander's pals certainly belong to the most hideous and treacherous ones. Alexander is the only complete idiot who pined away for a friend's death.

Last but not least, I absolutely hate the way FF only allows one comment per chapter! And you can’t even reply to any comment! Can’t you publish the story at Alexander’s Army? You post all kinds of stuff there, so why not this story? I want to leave multiple comments if I want to, not a monstrous long one as I am forced to now!

violetsuki chapter 28 . 3/24/2013
I'm glad to see a new update of your story. I like this chapter. Strange behavior between Hephaistion and Colin. Jared as always is like "a fish in water" (I don't know if you have an expression like that, in french it means : in his elements). You know, he seems to be happy to return in fourth century BC. And I had to admit me too. If only it was possible… ;-)
zhouhua00 chapter 27 . 2/11/2013
Mmm, so you didn't answer why Hephaistion came back alive since Jared only sent back his body.

"You have this influence on people, they don't want to live anymore when you are gone,"...

Very well-said, at least for Alexander that is absolutely true.

Now they are going back to get Alexander? I assume Alexander's body? And how do they plan to resurrect the body this time?

The end is absolutely charming. I am finally laughing after crying for quite a while, and you certainly owe me as least that much.

Now they are in Siwa 4th century BC? They need to first steal Alexander's body and then resurrect it to life? Well the first task is not hard but I don't know about the second one.

zhouhua00 chapter 26 . 2/11/2013
Oh hi wait a minute here!

Hephaistion came back to life...in modern time?

But wasn't Jared supposed to transport his body back? Even modern technologies can't save a dead person, can they?

If Jared sent back a dying Hephaistion then it is possible modern technology saved him, not a dead one!

Did I miss something?