Reviews for Sustain or Concerto for the Famished in D Minor
MissyH316 chapter 6 . 7/22
Well! What a wild ride THAT was, with the most libertine incarnation of Sherlock Holmes I've read! Took me a bit to get used to that! But I very much enjoyed the story, and while I love the usual cast of characters (except for Sally Donovan, of course), I REALLY liked how you wrote Lady Violet Holmes. Such a classy lady; I'd love to meet her, second only to her annoying, arrogant, genuis Adonis of a youngest son! :-) I'll bet little Edmund is adorable; how could he NOT be? But it'll be good with him having his father's brains with his mother's loving, genteel nature (and brains of her own, of course).

But this was a great read that had me hooked right from the get-go and thanks for sharing it with us! Best always, Missy
Mrs Isabel Cullen chapter 6 . 7/1
I have no words to describe how much I enjoyed reading your story. So far you were the only writer able to really describe how difficult or unpredictable living with Sherlock would be. Congrats! XOXO
yong chapter 6 . 2/29
Thx for this lovely fanfic. Sherlock x Molly is my straight otp in sherlock btw. Thankyou. I'm touched.
qer chapter 1 . 2/11
God alone knows how many times I've read this fic along with the follow-ups. Now I can easily cite lines from the story (and from every turn you made in the story too) which makes me wonder if I am too addicted to fanfictions. Especially your works. I am damned but happy that you wrote it all. Btw, you said it was a fiction of fiction, any way to find out the name of the mother fic? Thanks!
Erika chapter 6 . 1/21
This was great. I really enjoyed your characters and especially how Sherlock developed over the course of the story.
Infinite101 chapter 6 . 1/8
This was a great read! Definitely one for the favourites
Guest chapter 6 . 12/10/2015
this was a pleasure to read :) one of the best :)
Saryell chapter 6 . 10/18/2015
Very well written with a rich background that feels natural and well-researched.
Tiny (and unimportant) thing: you can't see the pancreas during a c-section, at least I should hope not ;)
I enjoyed your story immensely, looking forward to read more from you!
Starfox5 chapter 6 . 10/12/2015
Very sweet, very romantic (for a Sherlock) Story. I enjoyed it very much.
Libraryland chapter 2 . 8/25/2015
And you write Lestrade and Mycroft so well too! "One set of footprints going up, none coming down- good, the pain in the arse was in,then" and Sherlock needing the obvious "pointed out with a large plank to the head".

And feverish Sherlock is a fascinating creature, isn't he?

Asperger's syndrome, more like. And a vicious sense of humor where Mycroft is concerned...
Libraryland chapter 1 . 8/25/2015
I wandered over here from the "Lokane" fandom, and now I've become quite a "Sherlolly" fan as well. I'm thoroughly enjoying your tart take on this delightfully mismatched couple.

I've gasped, giggled and laughed out loud at your characterization and clever turn of phrase: "long legs, dark curly hair, big, scary brain" is my new favorite.

Keep up the good work!
Tallulah99 chapter 2 . 8/4/2015
Sherlock going to see the prostitute after having sex with Molly was the point at which I went from liking him despite his failings to aching for him. And when he goes out for the drugs and pulls back just in time? It's a punch in the gut every time I read it. I adore their interactions while he's sick and she's taking care of him. They make me smile and, not infrequently, laugh out loud. My favorite is when Sherlock tries to connect with Molly be texting her interesting facts, which, I feel like, is exactly what he would do.

And then I want to punch Mycroft AND Sherlock and give Molly a high-five and a hug. Because she is strong and assertive and amazing and I am reminded once again why I ship her with Sherlock.

This bit here, is inspired and heartbreaking:

Because no one holds fundraisers for sociopaths, Molly. There are no fun-runs or telethons. There are no special sociopath schools."
Tallulah99 chapter 1 . 8/4/2015
I have read this fic no fewer than eight times. I suspect I'm not even remotely close to the number of times I will eventually go through it. The characterization of both Molly and Sherlock (especially as we see him in season one) are so nearly perfect, I am in awe. I remember reading the premise for this story, oh so many ages ago, and thinking how completely out of character it would have to be. But then I started reading it, and, not only are the characters recognizably themselves, but it all feels *believable*. And the way Sherlock shuts down during their first sexual encounter feels exactly right.

My biggest pet peeve about this story is that the chapter length means you have fewer chapters than you could have and, therefore, far fewer reviews than you should!
MaybeAmanda chapter 1 . 7/16/2015
Dear Anonymous reviewer:

There is no mention of the ethnicity or race of the individual working on the curry truck. All we know about him is that he presents as male and works on the curry truck, thus, becoming, in Molly's mind, the curry man. Hope that clears up any confusion.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2015
I was loving this fic till I came to the "curry man" part. Seriously?! Curry man?! But this fic is so good and quite well-written that I am going to continue reading it though I have this niggling thought in the back of my mind that you may be racist :/
Still. Good fic.