Reviews for Sustain or Concerto for the Famished in D Minor
Libraryland chapter 2 . 8/25
And you write Lestrade and Mycroft so well too! "One set of footprints going up, none coming down- good, the pain in the arse was in,then" and Sherlock needing the obvious "pointed out with a large plank to the head".

And feverish Sherlock is a fascinating creature, isn't he?

Asperger's syndrome, more like. And a vicious sense of humor where Mycroft is concerned...
Libraryland chapter 1 . 8/25
I wandered over here from the "Lokane" fandom, and now I've become quite a "Sherlolly" fan as well. I'm thoroughly enjoying your tart take on this delightfully mismatched couple.

I've gasped, giggled and laughed out loud at your characterization and clever turn of phrase: "long legs, dark curly hair, big, scary brain" is my new favorite.

Keep up the good work!
Tallulah99 chapter 2 . 8/4
Sherlock going to see the prostitute after having sex with Molly was the point at which I went from liking him despite his failings to aching for him. And when he goes out for the drugs and pulls back just in time? It's a punch in the gut every time I read it. I adore their interactions while he's sick and she's taking care of him. They make me smile and, not infrequently, laugh out loud. My favorite is when Sherlock tries to connect with Molly be texting her interesting facts, which, I feel like, is exactly what he would do.

And then I want to punch Mycroft AND Sherlock and give Molly a high-five and a hug. Because she is strong and assertive and amazing and I am reminded once again why I ship her with Sherlock.

This bit here, is inspired and heartbreaking:

Because no one holds fundraisers for sociopaths, Molly. There are no fun-runs or telethons. There are no special sociopath schools."
Tallulah99 chapter 1 . 8/4
I have read this fic no fewer than eight times. I suspect I'm not even remotely close to the number of times I will eventually go through it. The characterization of both Molly and Sherlock (especially as we see him in season one) are so nearly perfect, I am in awe. I remember reading the premise for this story, oh so many ages ago, and thinking how completely out of character it would have to be. But then I started reading it, and, not only are the characters recognizably themselves, but it all feels *believable*. And the way Sherlock shuts down during their first sexual encounter feels exactly right.

My biggest pet peeve about this story is that the chapter length means you have fewer chapters than you could have and, therefore, far fewer reviews than you should!
MaybeAmanda chapter 1 . 7/16
Dear Anonymous reviewer:

There is no mention of the ethnicity or race of the individual working on the curry truck. All we know about him is that he presents as male and works on the curry truck, thus, becoming, in Molly's mind, the curry man. Hope that clears up any confusion.
I was loving this fic till I came to the "curry man" part. Seriously?! Curry man?! But this fic is so good and quite well-written that I am going to continue reading it though I have this niggling thought in the back of my mind that you may be racist :/
Still. Good fic.
My favorite ever omg so good I can't express it in words
Amazing I Love it but why is the baby's last name hooper?
your workng is amazing and the flow and plot and details. I love that they're not perfect, the characters I meAn.
Amazing writing and the flow just goes so well
Great writing. Just wow
Wow. Amazing
Upon rereading: mentioning Ebola before it was cool
hoa.bachlien.33 chapter 1 . 4/19
I cried so much when reading this masterpiece ! Absolutely wonderful !
Don't ship Sherlolly but really enjoyed this ! Well done.