Reviews for Sustain or Concerto for the Famished in D Minor
Rubbish Robot chapter 6 . 2/8/2013
you are a terrific writer, I was not sure of reading any Sherlock fanfics because I thought it was kind of difficult to capture the essence of the characters (mostly Sherlock's) and the genius of the show itself, and definitely never thought of reading one that include any pairing, because they tended to make everyone out of character, but I can't really blame them, it's hard to imagine Sherlock in any kind of relationship, but YOU, YOU BRILLIANT BASTARD manage to develop this so smoothly, you freaking wrote Cumberbatch's Sherlock, and you know I'm not exaggerating when I said this, your story was awesome, brilliant.

I know every review says this, but I thought I should tell you anyway, you're a fantastic writer, and I enjoyed every word of this story. I also hate you 'cause now I have higher standards for fanfics thanks to you, and I don't think I'll enjoy anything else as much as your writing, fuck you and your fine writing.

Thanks for the amazing story!
K chapter 6 . 2/7/2013
OneMillionAndNine and MaybeAmanda,

You, and your stories, are phenomenal! Your characterizations are SPOT ON, your quality of writing is PROFESSIONAL, and your plots strike the PERFECT balance of suspense, humor, fluff, action, sentiment, smut, and mystery. ENDLESS thanks for sharing your amazing talents with us humble readers.
valyria chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
One of the first sherlock fics I ever read on AO3, I must have re-read this half a dozen times at least. Beautifully done.
noukinav018 chapter 6 . 2/5/2013
Aaaw too bad that we didn't get to see more of the Watsons. :)
Aa
Thanks for posting!
noukinav018 chapter 5 . 2/5/2013
OMG that was so incredibly hilarious!
And the part where the pair makes Sherlock flee is infuriating. Pitty that he doesn't tell the others what happened in the hospital and well, he'll keep his current job :)
Aaaw too bad Mrs Holmes is not there. What? Why isn't Ed name Holmes? Why Hooper? :(
Perhaps they'll change their minds soon?
I exploded with John's mentioning that Molly's pancreas was beautiful XD
noukinav018 chapter 4 . 2/5/2013
So he continues working. Apparently Mycroft has stepped back for the time being and so has Lestrade.
Hmm what seems puzzling is Sherlock going solo after John is back... And he doesn't seem to contact him regularly either? Sounds a bit off... It must be so out of place for John. Has he even asked Sherlock's brother?
Oh...and Molly in the last part left me wondering too.
noukinav018 chapter 3 . 2/5/2013
They're both being funny and I see there won't be surprises with the genre... So! The new flat will actually be taken by the last person they could have expected. Mrs H is coming already! Oh goody, now John is the only one missing.
I find Lestrade not showing odd and John not calling even more weird.
Yah, well that's all I can say as I truly didn't read the last part :)
noukinav018 chapter 2 . 2/4/2013
Whoa, that was so... I don't even know the words.
Molly sweet as always and Sherlock unnervinly surprising.
Seriously, Mycroft did a huge mess with that approach... I would have guessed he were to do things differently. I'm a tad confused as he already met the pathologist in the moment that Irene faked her death in Christmas...
Oh! Autism...what an interesting way of putting things. And he does tell this to her... Not even John knows it I suppose.
Will he be appearing too?
Geez the detective is clearly confused and frustrated. He doesn't want to accept his own feelings to begin with. Sad.
noukinav018 chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
My gosh that was so funny and amusing when I began to read, then when things go on I was stunned with his proposal and I'm still in disbelief she would just go with it.
My goodness then I was surprised with the outcome...I mainly skipped the scene with the smut and focused on the fact that he abruptly changed. Good grief, he'll regret that. He was the enormous and perfect git in the end. That won't change the wish of her to just leave... Maybe it did work to forget Jim, to replace it with the detective.
I truly feel for her...poor Molly, she doesn't deserve that.
Oh my, what will the others say?! John won't be back for another couple of months and no idea of when Mrs H is appearing again either.
Hallaanduneiel chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
wow, that was...interesting. I am sooo
Hallaanduneiel chapter 6 . 2/4/2013
beautifully written! I really like how their relationship develops. great work!
Fayth3 chapter 6 . 2/1/2013
I must have read this story about ten times through and through and each time I get to this point and I've got tears running down my face. It's so beautiful and heart-wrenching and painful and just bloody perfect.
pulpbomb chapter 6 . 1/27/2013
This is one of the first Sherlock fics I've read & I'm afraid I've spoiled myself completely because I LOVED this. It was so true to the characters. Well done. Going on to read the sequels now. Thanks so much for writing this. LOVE IT!
girlyb chapter 6 . 1/26/2013
Holy Shite. I just stayed up till 3am reading this. What a fantastic story. Thank you for sharing it. And, yes, I'm a little giddy. well done *coughs*

Wow.
Librasmile chapter 6 . 1/20/2013
Wow...you packed so much into just six chapters I'm inspired. This was just so satisfying on so many levels. I loved the completeness of your chapters. I loved your ability to distinctly convey each character's voice. I loved how you got Sherlock's awkward, ass-backward emotional responses right. If I had any complaints it would be more of your theory on how Sherlock got so messed up. I know the working theory of your story is autism but I'd still love to see more of the mechanism. But that's a minor quibble. This was SUCH a satisfying story. I'm so glad I found it.
396 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »