Reviews for An Accidental Star: A Suikoden Story
alice chapter 15 . 11/9/2014
I was hesitant about this story with a main original character but it seems well done. No overuse of copypaste from the original story of suiko2 and ariel likeable enough but makes mistakes and has talents.

been getting back into suikoden after suikogaiden got translated
Sierralaine Walsh chapter 15 . 7/18/2014
I was looking for a good Suikoden story and I'm so happy I found yours. It features my favorite character as well (Flik!) you did a good job so far, looking forward to the next chapter :)
Milkandchocolate chapter 2 . 3/7/2014
I already read chapter 1 and 2 at first I got confuse but as the story goes on, it become much clearer. the Nice part for me is the Appearance of Clive and Nash.
Lex Complex chapter 14 . 12/19/2013
Wow. Just... wow. This story was beautiful and very well-written, inciting a pleasant feeling of nostalgia. I'm sorry if this review gets kinda long. There's just so much I could say about this. :D

First, I love your original characters. They are very realistic and likeable people. I am especially fond of Ariel, and though I'm a guy, I find it easy to put myself in her shoes and relate to what she's going through. Choosing a runemistress as a main character was a very creative and original touch, and all the little things you developed surrounding her work with runes was ingenious. Her dynamics with Nash, Viktor, and Flik were very natural and amusing as well. I agree that Ariel cannot and should not get along with everyone, and hats off to you for pulling it off with Rina. There are a lot of Stars with eccentric personalities, and I'm sure Ariel will clash with a handful of them. I am especially looking forward to her interactions with Nanami. Will Ariel see her as similar to Saffron, or will Nanami's attitude rub her the wrong way?

You kept the characters in-character, and though I think you took some liberties with their personalities, they're still the same people we've come to love in the games, perhaps even better. That takes talent, I tell ya. Viktor's long-winded explanation about who Riou and Jowy were was HILARIOUS. You really have a way with details. You also handle the subject of war quite well. There's so little to gain in a war and a heck of a lot to lose, and I think you portrayed that with Ariel's situation.

Maybe one thing that bothered me a little was Ariel knowing about Odessa and Flik, or at least how she was able to draw the connection so quickly. Yes, Odessa and the Liberation Army were obviously famous, but I doubt her personal affairs would be that known. They'd probably be rumors at best. I know this is kinda petty of me, but maybe it would've been better if Ariel had simply realized: "Oh, this is a war, silly. Of course Flik has probably lost someone important, too." Sorry, feel free to ignore this. It's just my opinion, after all, and it's been YEARS since I last played the game so I might not remember things correctly.

This is getting long, so I should probably wrap it up now. All in all, this was an excellent story which succeeds in presenting something new while retaining the plot and world already established in the game. Again, sorry if this got long and if it was a chore to read, but I just felt so strongly about this that I couldn't help it. Hahaha, I talk too much sometimes, I know. In short, I LOVE THIS and I am looking forward to the next chapter. Keep up the brilliant work! You've got yourself a fan here.

-Lex
AllyraMortlock chapter 12 . 6/25/2013
Hey, I know its been a good 5 months since his has been updated but its really interesting. I hope you get back to it soon. _
Uena chapter 12 . 1/23/2013
Well, when I tried to make my own Suikoden story ('Quest' actually) in a forum recently, I made more mistakes than you did in this chapter.

Again I say that your story is easy to read, your word choice is more than a step above mine, and that your English is better than the majority of those I've found scattered about.

What I like most, is your characterization. Other than that, nothing of note except your typos.

Words I've noticed: Civilisation Civilization, ... his a giggle ... hid a giggle
RangerDeon chapter 11 . 11/6/2012
This was excellent.
I loved that not only did Ariel admit she was wrong, but Flik also admitted that he could have - and would have done something differently if he had known. I'm glad the two of them are back on the same page again, it makes Viktor's big ol' heart so happy. And Viktor's long-winded explanation of who Jowy and Riou were was hilarious. As someone who pays attention to the tiniest details, I must say that you've really got Viktor (and Flik of course) down.
Yami no Majou077 chapter 11 . 11/4/2012
You really good in describing their nature. I like the interaction between ariel and flik. Good chapter!
RangerDeon chapter 10 . 11/3/2012
I can just imagine the look on Flik's face (and the reaction Ari made) when he shouted "I saved you!" It was a brilliant counter to his otherwise calm and confused demeanor. That was my favorite part.

You really feel for the characters - Ari's emotional over reaction was justified because she lost her sister, so you feel bad for her. But her accusing Flik of not caring, even though he clearly did, makes you also feel bad for him. And then there's Viktor, the innocent bystander who doesn't even know what's going on, and is all "uhh...yeah...lets just call it a night". This was a very nice chapter.
Uena chapter 10 . 11/2/2012
"Ah, Victor" comes into mind when I read this.

I'd give you advice, but I might give you wrong ones so I concede.

Still following, and liking, this.
KCMCDOHL chapter 10 . 11/1/2012
Awesome chapter! And poor Flik!

I love reading this. I feel you have the characters of Flik and Viktor down really well. Its a pleasure to read :)
Urbane Sombrero chapter 10 . 11/1/2012
This is such a cool story! Ariel is a very interesting character, as an apprentice runemistress, and I love the idea of following a refugee from Muse. I can't help but worry about what might happen to Saffron, given everything that goes down in Muse later on...It's also interesting to see Viktor & Flik's journey across the lake, since that was never really portrayed in the game.

The dynamic between Ariel & Flik really took an interesting turn in this most recent chapter. Very clever to spark this conflict between them, with Flik I'm sure always second-guessing himself and dealing with his guilt about Odessa, and Ariel understandably upset at the same time. And, as always, I have to admire how stoic Viktor is during this time, between losing Anabelle and being forced to abandon the city.

Looking forward to the upcoming chapters! :D
Julchen M. Liddell chapter 10 . 11/1/2012
This chapter was intense :O I never even thought about Flik and his rune.
Uena chapter 9 . 9/17/2012
Hnn... I remember adding this to my favorite and follows, so why isn't it?

Anyway, nice chapters. Victor seems too quiet though, and the blocks of text makes it harder to read.

I like your English, quite neat.

I'll be keeping a closer eye on this. Keep it up
Graceful-Kuja chapter 9 . 9/14/2012
Very lovely, dear! I love the story, and the subtle references to back stories and other games! The only thing I didn't like was the spacing in chapter nine, since it was all cramped together unlike previous chapters, which were space nicely. Other than that, very good work! :D