Reviews for Rusalka
Lily Lewis chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Correction:

A Rusalka is a mermaid. It's just the Russian word for them. I am Russian, so I know. Good story, though, if a bit creepy.
Scarlet daydreamer chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
That was a great story, it's almost exactly like I would picture a Russian fairytale, only hetaliafied which makes it even better. The character, the plot, everything was so perfect.
EmoChickOfDeath chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
This was really good. I really liked it. I was sad about Lars, but whatevs. Maybe sometime in the after life he can convince Mattie to love him and for get Ivan...

Anyways, love it!
CCTINACTIVE chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
-Bitches about character death despite your warning-

JK, this was interesting :D, and I've learned something (What a Rusalka is)
fallendeHimmel chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
So sad, but you know, I don't think I could've been happy if they all lived, or some or most or one lol I mean, I was sad Lars died, since he didn't do anything, but it really shows how merciless the vengeful spirit was and gave the creepy fairy tale feeling. All in all, this is going on my favorites lol
Warpath Grizzly chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
I like this.

I like this a lot.

You really pulled off the fairytale horror vibe, and by extension this story has made me think of the Brothers Grimm movie from a few years back (which I liked, though many other people I know didn't like it).

The cherry on top would have been if the characters' names were Russianized, just to better suit the fairytale origins aspect, and to keep the reader emerged in this world (kinda odd to have a Lars from the same village as a Matthew). It would have been cool also to have rusalka Matthew seem more supernatural, but essentially he is just an angry ghost, and ghosts usually look very human.

But I really have no complaints about it. Definitely captivating, and I'd love to see you write more fairytale type stuff.

Blaklite