Reviews for Magia, Pacem, Bellum Terrarum
PuellaMagiTsukiMagica chapter 2 . 11/29
I really like the idea of the witch’s kiss as the kindle for the attack on Pearl Harbor, it makes so much sense!
Ghost Man chapter 13 . 9/27
Holy moly! History is repeating!
Ghost Man chapter 12 . 9/27
This is explaining the Dreadnaught witch very well. What an interesting turn of events. Man, I'm lovin' this way too much.
Ghost Man chapter 11 . 9/27
Oh wow. So it wasn't that one. What in blazes is going on?
Ghost Man chapter 10 . 9/27
Holy moly. I didn't expect that to happen!
Ghost Man chapter 9 . 9/27
They were making more witches? WTH?
Ghost Man chapter 8 . 9/27
Pan-de-coco - Basically the beast bread in existence. O,o and why are they killing the Magical girls. The plot thickens.
johnterrencekelly chapter 18 . 4/16/2016
This story deserves more than the number of favorites it already has. This is an excellent side story to Puella Magi Madoka Magical, and it shows us an interesting take on the story of Walpurgisnacht. Kudos to the way the author inserted interactions in the way witches interfere with historical events: the Battle of the Somme, the Far East Air Force controversy (which still remains unresolved), and the controversial and indiscriminate use of heavy artillery in the Battle of Manila, to name a few. There are some discrepancies here and there, but thankfully they don't detract heavily from the story. All in all, it's a good read, and I hope the sequel is just as good–maybe even better.
Puella.Magi.Kuro.Magica chapter 18 . 8/15/2015
Wow, that ending really did the finishing job- that story was just amazing. I read that in two days be I couldn't put it down! It was that intriguing.

You and your beta readers did a great job, I give credit to all of you for that beautiful piece of art.

I have no complaints about this.

-Kuro
3141Molly chapter 18 . 8/8/2015
This story is good. I was initially interested because the summary mentioned the second world war, and Walpurgisnacht. When I was watching the last episode of Madoka Magica, hearing Walpurgisnacht's scary laugh, I wondered who she was before she became a witch.

Reading this was a fun journey. It unnaturally feel longer than the word count, for some reason. But that's okay, because it's written nicely. Numerous reference to the history of World War II pop up here and there, a very good bonus. At the very least I can persuade myself with the history content so I can keep avoiding doing my real work, hehehe. There are also many language other than English here, which added my personal enjoyment. I wonder how much research is needed to pull both of it off, anyway? The date, the name of the gun, and the tank, man, it's very fun. I wish I read this when I got the assignment to find weapon from the World War. I would totally pick the M1 Garand, and then I will totally ramble about the weapon.

It's the first fanfic I read in Madoka Magica fandom, so I can't compare this with other fanfic yet, but I think all the witches' barrier here are pretty creative. Ligaya's and Audrey's power are also very interesting. And to top it all, I can imagine right away how everything looks like, just like watching a movie, which is a good combination with the creative part. I also cried a lot on the last chapter. You really give me the chance to practice silent crying, that's for sure.

The best feature of this fanfic is, to me, the amount of research dedicated to write this, I think. I haven't seen any fanfic with this much research. Lots of dedication here, although I don't know for sure how accurate the use of foreign language on this fanfic. I kinda like the battle for Edificio Gumamela too, I remember that the plan was rather interesting.

Some easter egg here is how the last sentence in any chapter is the next chapter's title, except the second-to-last and the last chapter. It took me a while to figure out that.

The quality of the writing is nice, if smooth reading is all we needed than this is certainly more than enough. I like the part about Hideyoshi's internal feeling when she battled Homura.

Other than that, another remarkable feature of this fanfic is the smoothness on merging canon and non-canon part. The scene from canon written here managed to capture the atmosphere of the scene on the anime, and the internal thought of the character feels just right. I was watching it with the dub version, and I swear I think the dialogue here is written word-by-word. It's not full blend between canon and non-canon, I can still sense where the canon stops and the fanfic starts, but it's a good blend nonetheless.

Hehe, if I am a Filipino or a Filipina, I would just read this instead of my history book. I'm sure this would stick far better.

While I was reading, I found some mistakes here and there. In a good fanfic like this one, normally when it's good it's all good, or the mistake would be some very major thing. But here, the mistakes are the small things. A sentence without a dot to end it, some spacing mistake, typo, those kind of thing. While it's nothing major, I think by the end of reading this, I have spotted more than 20 small mistake like that. Well, since they are small things, they probably slipped in the sea of words well. I currently considering downloading all of the story to a Word document and editing it all myself.

Also, when I read the foreign language (for the sake of this review, foreign language is any language other than English), not all of them was explained. The meaning of it, I mean. I don't have any idea what Lorelei Sankt said to Hideyoshi when Lorelei already became a witch, the one in German. Of course, I can kinda guess some of it, lots of language have some similarity with English after all, but it would be nice if there's translation note for all of it. Hmm, and while at it, it would be very interesting if the name of each witch is mentioned too. I wonder what's the name of Lorelei's witch?

Still about the foreign language, I spotted something about the Japanese. Japanese language has two or three (I don't remember exactly how much) different way of writing in romaji. Some write e as he, or o as wo, and vice versa. The part when Kyuubey asked Hideyoshi about the fate of her village seems to be written in different kind of romaji with the part when the Japanese soldier were checking the storehouse of Padre Faura. Was it "Ikimashou"? I don't know much about the way of spelling and writing of romaji, so I may be mistaken, but according to what little I know, they're written differently. It's just the matter of consistency, which is not all that important, but I thought I should mention it.

Next, about some spelling. What bugs me 'till the end is the word "dreadnaught". While I understand it's a valid spelling variant of this particular word, but it kinda unsettle me everytime I read it. I am used to the spelling "dreadnought", and this spelling seems to be more prevalent than the other, that's why it bugs me so much. I looked up on my Merriam-Webster dictionary, and it told me it's "dreadnought". Again, it's not very important as it's only a matter of personal preference really, but once in this fic, the spelling reverted from "dreadnaught" to "dreadnought". But I think that was probably unintended typo. And speaking of this, I remember spotting one grammar mistake. I'm normally not very picky about grammar, so I just ignored that one.

All in all, it's a fun ride, although I have to look up on Google a little bit to know which part is history and which part is fiction. If I don't look up the battle at Clark Base I wouldn't know who's the first man to fight against the Japanese. But hey, it's worth all the extra knowledge I now have about World War II. This fic also make me a lil' bit interested to visit Philippines too. Wish fanfic writer at my country would write something like this too, so I can look at my country with different perspective. You certainly give me different perspective of Philippines.
PrinceRazor chapter 18 . 1/1/2015
Breaking that 100 review mark. This was a wonderfully written story introducing some really creative characters as well as a well thought out idea about the nature of Walpurgis.

I commend you for bringing about this idea into paper(or text however you call it)

A Fellow Reader
-PrinceRazor
tanithlipsky chapter 18 . 11/18/2014
nice.
the Oracle of Akemi chapter 18 . 10/24/2014
Great ending! This story was fantastic and very entertaining to read. I'm on to the sequel now!
Smithrooks chapter 18 . 6/25/2014
There's always so much hidden talent to be found. This is truly a tale about all magical girls that goes through time. Your writing is superb. Every descriptive passage brings to life the scene and every emotional moment can be felt. I truly think that this story could be made into another season of Madoka Magica. I am confident that the sequel will be just as good, if not better.
Pekiunai chapter 1 . 6/24/2014
Oh yeah, I just remebered a question. Where was Kyubey during the fight? He deserves to see his loss!

Anyway, good luck to your future stories!