Reviews for FireWorks
Beauty's Beast chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
THat was so freaking ! I'm in LoVe 3 AHHHHHH *Fangirl screaming!*
columcille chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Brilliant. Wonderful combination of elements - the letters, the scenes, and that special Draco/Harry magic, which is a combination of the (crumbling of the) thin line between love & hate, redemption, and all of the classic star-crossed Romeo & Juliet drama: all rolled into one - that's why this "pairing" is so special, so compelling. We all yearn for that moment when hate is transformed into love, when the passionate fighting turns into passionate lovemaking, when our one hero redeems the other (usually both at the same time), when dark and fair are united... And you do it beautifully here.
Sheri Contrary chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
Hmm. Second-person narrative is...IDK...irritating...but I'm still reading, because...well...I've liked several other fics you've written. *sigh*

Bill: "Well…everyone knows you and Malfoy are a bit…I don't know. He's your thing, isn't he? Maybe they don't know how to mention him." **** Hehe. "He's your thing, isn't he?" GREAT line! Because...YES, Draco is Harry's "thing." *grin*

I can't help feeling horrible for Draco after reading his letters. ( Poor guy...trying to make amends for his past deeds...but he can't do it without doing it face to face and Harry refuses to even read his letters...until now.

It bothers me that Bill's essentially taking Draco's side over Harry's. Yeah, HE'S accepted Draco apologies, but why should that mean Harry should as well. If I was Harry, I'd just as soon quit my fucking job and be done with it. I mean, Harry has plenty of money and doesn't need to work, so why put himself through this shite? "Right thing," my arse! Screw doing the "right thing," my arse would walk the fuck OUR! Of course, without "putting himself through this" there'd be no story...and, we want story. )

"Eh? How am I responsible for breasts?" you ask, flummoxed. **** Okay...I'm giggling hysterically. This seems WAY more of a Ron line, but...still VERY funny! )

God, that last scene with Harry punching Draco ["Well, you're the problem!" he shouts at you. "The only problem left and I won't let anyone else tell me this is my fault! You're just jealous, and stupid, and acting like you're still in school, and talking about me to everyone but me. It's pathetic. You're never going to grow up, are you? You're just going to sit and dwell about all the things you fucked up, all the people that died because of you-"]...it would definitely have me quitting my job and writing off just about everyone. Clearly everyone's been telling Draco what Harry's been saying...I'd be FURIOUS! Why the fuck are Harry's friends and "family" backing up Draco? I don't like it. (

Ahh...that last letter from Draco almost brings me to tears...the one about going to school when he was six. Damn Lucius for raising his son the way he did!

This is a great fic...and without any real sex in it. Awesome writing! )

P.S. Still don't like the second-person. *sigh*
pixie chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
thank you very much for this wonderful piece of story.

i really cried a bit while reading- (thats how i am)

but its so earnst and i totally love the character study of

harry potter you made-

i think, thats the most appropriate(?) description of his beeing and developing i ever read.

loved the stubborn kind of malfoy, too. having to read it in first person was a bit strange but fimnally fitting to me- that somehow that put the feeling of the main character more close and intimate over. i loved this one a lot!

(sorry for my languade- im not a native speaker...)
DanceswithHippogriffs chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
this was brilliant to read. and i loved the perspective... it narrowed my scope in an intense way. it would have been a shadow of itself in first or third person.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
this story is really good. i think that you should write a sequel to it, or at least re-write it in draco's point of view. i like the idea of them snogging in front of bill weasly, and him grimacing. then harry would say something like 'your the one who wanted us together, so shut up and deal with it.'
Anon chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
I loved it! :)
Aeromance chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
This is raw, and intense, and so bloody human, it hurts.

The perspective is certainly dodgy. I don't know what to say about it. I feel like it doesn't add anything here, because while your writing does make me feel the emotions like crazy, I still very much distinguish between me and "you" (language joke, lol). But you're the author and whatever makes you happy is the best for the fic.

Like I said, fucking raw. Like a bloody steak that's still moo'ing. The emotions were intense and confusing and - again, like I said - truly and ridiculously human. So, perfect. Because human is what we're going for, yes?

much fanfic love,

aeromance
BadCook chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
Ugh, totally made me cry, this one. ToT

FYI, I was exposed to the world of harry potter fanfics, particularly of the Drarry pairing, just yesterday. Starting with your story Alphabetical. It was rec-ed by someone, and I just clicked away. I'm more of an anime-person (more like, naruto-person).

And now I'm addicted, thanks to you. xD

You're gonna have a spot in my box of first times. That is, my first time reading a hp fic.

You're a great writer, I'll give you that.

Do write more, your writing was an enjoyable read. Thanks!
MightierThanSwords chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
I wish all fics were as good as this. Using present tense and second person was really refreshing, I think it paid off, and I spent most of the time wanting to do nothing but give Draco a hug. The way you scattered the letters throughout was clever, too.

I will be reading more of your stuff! :)
sarky soomka chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Lovely job! The perspective was a bit dodgy like you warned, and it took me a minute to grasp it, wasn't sure if I even liked it for a few paragraphs there... but I just couldn't stop reading it. I ended up loving it, definitely glad I gave it a chance and read through the entire thing. Thoroughly enjoyed it :D
EngelCre chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
This is so good and amazing. I'm a huge fan of your works now (not that Mental did not completely have me in love with your writing).
SuperCali chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
:D
ThisIsNotSaaraa chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
I liked the perspective that you wrote this in, I'm not normally a fan of it but it was nice to read something completely different. I loved the last letter in particular, it was so.. Draco. There's no other way to describe it. I love how you decided to include Bill of all people in it, he's not in many Drarry fics, I really liked the way you portrayed him too. The only thing is that 'Burn' was possibly a better title.

Anyway, as you can probably tell by now, I loved it xD
klynn79 chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
I saw this as a rec on Sassy_Cissa's LJ page. I'm very glad I decided to take a peek. Its wonderful! It makes me want to read more of their developing relationship. Excellent job :)
181 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »