Reviews for Jekhipe
Chibi-Onee-chan chapter 7 . 9/8/2012
I really enjoyed reading this story. It was an interesting kind of story to read and I love how you incorporated the different characters. I love it :3
Free of Mundane Thoughts chapter 7 . 5/2/2012
Waaah~~~ This was sooo cool! Hehe, this is the first gypsy-based fanfic I've written, and I'm so glad it was by you. Pfft, the Cross-Lavi thing was funny. And hey- they both have red hair, I'm sure someone's thought of it before. xDD Anyways, I also have to wonder... how DID Komui get the purple and Lenalee the green? oO;;; Trivial at the moment, but it really makes you wonder. ;

Either way, I'm glad the last chapter was as it was. It's great that they all started making up with Allen and Kanda, finally. I really liked the cutting description of the loss a few chapters back, when everyone still loved Allen but it hurt too much to talk about him because of the betrayal... Those emotions were really well portrayed.

The skin paint thing was really cool, and for some bizarre reason about halfway through the wedding ceremony part I started having flashbacks to watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding. oO;; Someone tell me why that is. Road and Lenalee are so cute! I wanna huggle them. Even though Lenalee is having trouble adjusting. And Lavi! He'd make such a good gypsy. Almost as good a one as Tyki. Tyki would make a fantastic gypsy. Oh! Another scene I liked (well a couple)- when Lavi, Lenalee and Kanda were waiting for the troupe by the tree, and when Tyki asked Lavi the second time to come with the troupe. It was pretty painful, that one, because both of them had legitimate reasons for not wanting to leave their families, and yet both also wanted so badly to be together... it was sad. And I can't even say how happy I was the moment the Earl mentioned a "traveler"- I knew it was Lavi before he even came in. How could it not have been?

It was also really cool- all the references to previous scenes, like in that scene where Lavi just joined the troupe, Tyki thinks back to the night he was out in the snowstorm, and so forth.

I guess it's something about the wide variety of different scenes, and the changing moods of all those scenes, they kind of flow like the seasons... I like that that was the counter for age, by the way. And the wedding vows. Did you make those up yourself, or get them from somewhere? Wow am I using a lot of characters. ; Sorry this is getting on so long. I just have so much to say! But anyways. But yeah... there was something about the seasons that seemed really special in this fic, and the scenes seemed to change from warm to cold, light to darker, throughout, like the changing seasons. Despite being a bunch of black lines on an otherwise white page. It's amazing, words. Really. To think this much meaning can be made from a bunch of random, made up lines. Bewildering.

I digress. Sorry if I'm being too metaphorical, too. ; I figure the story is kind of mystifying in origin anyways. Gypsies seem to have that kind of air about them. I was really enchanted by Tyki's continuous affection for Lavi, and vice versa, despite the few chances they got to meet up. It was really touching, and maybe even more meaningful because they only saw each other for a certain period every year, or every few years, depending. They went through a difficult, long-distance relationship before getting to where they ended up at the end. I think it was a rewarding experience for them both.

And of course I haven't forgotten Road's kidnapping scene! I really liked that one too, but I wasn't quite sure what to say about it... I mean, it's the type of thing that it isn't quite right to praise, and yet it was really well written... and I'm glad it was in there. It was an important scene, for the emotions it stirred up and the plot it moved forward. And an important part of her relationship with Lenalee. I was happy that while the main pairing focused on was Lucky (my favorite as always), there were little side mentions of how well Lenalee and Road were getting along, and the little scene during the snowstorm where we saw Kanda's and Allen's relationship developing. Those little mentions are probably exactly the right amount of other-couple relationships for me in a fic. I always hate it when other relationships take the stage away from the main pairing, especially when there's a really important scene going on with the main couple, but I still enjoy having other couples around... This was a good balance.

Oh my goodness, have I really written that much? My fingers just kind of kept on without me really having to think about it, so... It ended up a lot longer than I expected. But I've probably covered about everything I wanted to make comments on. I think it's probably better making one really long comment than having to interrupt my smooth reading of the whole fic with seven little reviews, so I saved all my comments until the end. I just didn't realize how many there were! ;;

Thanks so much for writing this. It always strikes me to think that there are so many coincidences and choices in this world that, if I or someone else hadn't made them, I might never have read some of the stories I've read before that changed my perspective on life and gave more meaning to all I see. If you had never started writing, if I hadn't found friends that introduced me to D. Gray-man, if I had gotten a bad impression from the first fanfics of Lucky that I read, I might never have read this story. And after reading it, of course, I can't imagine how life would be going back and not having read it at all. It made me consider things that I hadn't before, made me feel like somehow, the life of three hours ago and my life now have changed slightly. It's a strange feeling, and I get it every so often after reading fics. Actually, it's a feeling quite close to tearing up. ; This story made me almost want to cry at the end. Not because it was particularly sad, but just... I'm not quite sure. I felt the urge, anyways. It just happened to be one of those fics that made me stop and think, "ah, how different would my life have been had I not read this..."

That's all. But it means a lot to me. So thank you.
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 7 . 4/17/2012
A long and fluffy ending! I enjoyed reading this fic- but I do have one leeeetle tiny bit of criticism. I think you kinda sorta might've forgotten about Bookman's presence other than a brief mention of him being there after they came out of the tent. Considering the plot involving him and Lavi, I was a little disappointed that he didn't get a few lines. ;)
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 6 . 4/17/2012
Aww, what a sweet ending to the chapter. But I was seriously heart broken for Lavi, especially when he brought up the very valid point that he's all that Bookman has, while the troupe all have each other for support should they wish it. Also, there would have been a small difference if Tyki had left- one would hope that another troupe member would not have been killed this time. That, I imagine, was the main reason that they've now shunned Allen.

However, I admit that Tyki's reason that he'd go insane staying in one place after a lifetime of wandering is a valid one.
Somnum Careat chapter 4 . 12/24/2011
You are an excellent writer. I've read some of your Death Note stuff (Continuity is possibly my favorite Death Note story, period.) This whole story is amazing so far. By the way, what website do you use? Apparently, I'm part German-gypsy, so it would be interesting to read more.
TheDeadBeat chapter 7 . 9/22/2011
it was and okay ending...but you finished it and now its on to the next story! XD good luck!
d-gray-geek chapter 7 . 9/20/2011
squeeeeeeee! I for one totally thought that Cross as Lavi's father makes tons of sense! Look inside you, you know it to be the truth. I think it was a wonderful ending myself. I can't wait to get back into the habit of checking for your updates regularly. I'm sorry for not reading this earlier but RL got in the way and mah bff / beta (of all things unposted and fail) got me into a new Fandom (Young Justice, it's awesome, if you like superheros) So yeah. I adored every exciting chapter of this. Congrates you actually finished a non one-shot lucky fic. A feat to truely behold.
d-gray-geek chapter 6 . 9/20/2011
I feel like a horrible person for having not read this sooner! I'm sooooooo sorry. Yay for the lucky couple~! XD On to the next (hopefully) much less angsty chapter!
johari linh chapter 7 . 9/20/2011
a very sweet ending... i really like this fic. :)
sinfulseraph chapter 6 . 9/6/2011
I like the forbidden romance themes in this story, and you are very good at writing the characters' personalities/emotions. The cultural differences as well are nicely established and you explain gypsy customs very clearly. Thanks for posting.
Yueaifeng chapter 6 . 8/29/2011
You're wrapping up te story very nicely. I'm excited to see what happens next, and I'm glad that all is well. It was interesting, too see their little argument, and to see the different perspectives that led to a better understanding of each other. They seemed to need to. XD Anyways, lovely chapter, as always~
johari linh chapter 6 . 8/29/2011
this is so good, great!

I really really liked it. There is just this feeling of sincerity, realness of how they felt. It is so cute, nice, really great.

It made me laugh, cry and smile... there is this atmosphere that pulls me there and made me feel it... it is really nice and sweet.

really like/love it :)
D-gray-geek . again chapter 5 . 8/25/2011
OH MY GOD! THE ANGST! THE DRAMA! THE ROMANCE! ~!

Sorry had to let that out. H'omigosh, Why do I love you so much Honey? You astound me with your writing skills, I loved how Allen couldn't find words, and Rhode ... oh Rhode. Why do you make me Love her so? She's so cute, but so evil, but so cute! gah!

Yes your chapters are longer and so it's like opening a present you'd think would be tiny and then is awesomesauce-ly long. I think the break down of Rhode tottally made sense, and do I detect some RhodeLenalee action going on here? I have like nothing else to say cuz I'm stuck staring at your great skillz like it's shiney or something, so can't wait for the next chapter of Jerkhipe (and a bullet with butterfly wings and that oneshot.) You are my Lucky fix and I lubs juu.
D-Gray-Geek chapter 5 . 8/25/2011
I'M SOOOOOO SORRY HONEY!

Between School starting and getting back from vacation (three days stuck in a car doing practically nothing - but I did read the chapter) I haven't gotten around to reviewing it (it was awesome) and now look you've gone and done a new chapter, and I feel bad for missing a chapter to review. So yeah... I'll read this chapter and then give ya a proper review.
unchartedfate chapter 5 . 8/22/2011
Gyah! I was reading along and i thought there was more but there was no 'next' button! So sad! Fix it! Fix it now! Haha. Jk jk update, but take your time and do it like you want. Hehe. Annnnywhooo i cant wait to see more of tiki and Lavi! Poor allen thou! Is there going to be another issue between lavi and tiki next? Gah i want answers! Haha. Love where youre going with this, keep it up!