Reviews for Of Heaven and Ocean
Gunzaimyx chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Lovely lovely story that crosses over the FF8 theme with FF4 characters, and the best ones too. The relationship between Kain, Edge and Rydia is superb! I love the dialogue and the deepness and secrets the summons have to offer. I do hope you continue this, it has so much potential for greatness!
Yukai yami chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Oh my god, what did i just read?

This story-it's just-WOW!

It's so intricately writen and it's such an interesting plot. The different points of view throughout the chapter all complement each other beautifully, and Kain, Rydia and Edge's personality in this... And the small hints of Quistis and Rinoa and such were humurous and charming at the same time. The way Kain's emotions regarding Cecil and Rosa and his past unraveled, and the wording used-GOSH! I'm so blown away by the sheer awesomeness of it all that I can't find the words to describe this!

I love how you described the feeling of junctioning a GF or magic, and the worlds of FF4 and mixed them together SO well, I don't even- Dissidia coulldn't have done a better job than you! It's not even finished, right? I can't wait to see what more awesomeness you might add to this story in the future.

Simply amazing, I bow my hat to you. Bravo.
Ultimate Black Ace chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
This is a great story and I am really hoping that you are not giving it up because from what I have read your stories are good and this one has a lot of potential.
Ultimate Black Ace chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
Not surprising that you had Leviathan for one of the Guardian Forces/Eidololns, but Shiva as well. I would have expected Asura. Also great job and cannot wait for the next update.
Serenade Of Water chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
Awesome chapter!

It was a great way to begin the story and you had two of my favorite characters in it. Kain Highwind and Rydia of Mist.

I like the plot so far. Its really interesting and I wonder what's going to happen next ?

Do you think you can bring the First Sire, Bahamut, in the story?

If you can, junction him to Kain because he's an awesome Dragoon.

Please update soon.
im-a-tumor chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
well this is quite the find I've stumbled upon; I really love how deep and connected you made the plot! I also love how you've tie ff4 and 8 together, quite the unlikely and albeit surprisingly enjoyable connection.

you write well and i hope another chapter is on it's way soon because I can't wait to read more about rydia, kain, and edge.
bluedranzer77 chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
I am liking this very much :O Edge makes me laugh, and seeing parts of the IV line being told in very... well, different ways is pretty cool and interesting! Though it kinda seems weird for Cid to be lumped with the younger ones...
mythweaver1 chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
This was excellent :)

Loved the characterizations, the dialogue...and lolz the cooking scene :)

And...I can't resist the Edge/Rydia snippets-EEEEE! :)
Poisonberries chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
You have no idea how happy this just made me. I am grinning and thrilled and can't wait to see where you take this because it's RYDIA! and EDGE! and KAIN! as SeeDs! And you're telling their classic story in brand new beautiful way that gives them a chance to be more than perky summoner and smart mouthed ninja and weak willed traitor.

In addition it is well written and filled with insightful feints and clever references and note perfect dialogue from three of my favorite characters in the series. Kain is a little heavy on the navel gazing here (I always thought his pride so deep and corrosive he'd barely be able to stand thinking about his own jealousy) but nevertheless. This is so marvelous I am filled with squee.

Note that I too am too old for this but don't care. :)

Bravissima Bella.
Nightshade X chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
Lots of negative ties to VIII, but I'm a sap for most anything IV-related, so I'm fascinated both with the story and to see that any of you are still hanging around.

Something weird about having Cid tossed into the same general group as the rest- it's easy to ignore Edge's age when coming up with an idea due to how he acts, but even with his antics, Cid's still a generation ahead of them, at best.

Am I reading too much into the line? Yeah, probably, but it stands out to me.

Anyway, I think I like the characters so far: Edge is.. well, Edge, Cain has a decent chip on his shoulder, but isn't nearly as angst-ridden as people like to view him as being. and Rydia seems to have a nice bit of fire just waiting to get prodded.