Reviews for Bleak Midwinter
BenRG chapter 1 . 12/6/2014
Yes. There is nothing else I can say but this: This felt RIGHT.
Edhla chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
I like that you've chosen to tell this through Oswin's POV, and the contrast you draw between Robert and Cadfael's deaths. I wasn't so sure about the use of the immediate tense, but that may well be a prejudice against present-tense in general :) Really enjoyed this. Nicely done x
Delia Ra'Nar chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
So, this made me cry. Tears down my face and hoping no one walked in and everything. Still, it was beautiful and the characters fet right on (though I admit that I have yet to lay my hands on the books). I love Oswin and I'm so happy that he grew up so well. Though my favorite part it Oswin's imiage of those two in heaven with the Lord Almighty, ah Cadfael!
Anyways, just thought you should know.
Delia Ra'Nar
Elizabeth Bower chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
I must have read this three times, and every time I cry like a baby...Wonderfully written, beautiful. I can't tell you how much I love Cadfael, and I always tried to keep the idea of him dying far from my mind. But this...I'm even sad to see Robert go, though less so than Cadfael. Wonderful imagery, wonderful wording. And...At least Cadfael died loved.
Aileil chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Now to look at me, a girl of fourteen years weeping her eyes out for a man who never lived, much less died. And even weeping for non-existent, highly irritating men. You have a great power with words; and a great skill in wielding it. I thank you for this. Cadfael has always been a sort of an example for me as well. Always wise, kind, and gentle. You know how to make a point with your writing. And I really do appreciate the idea of Prior Robert scolding an angel with Cadfael looking on laughing. I really could see that happening if they were real. Again, thank you.
dizzyfire chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Very sad but brilliant, I love the way you portrayed Oswin and Jerome, as well as the mentions of Cadfael and Prior Robert. Brilliant story.
DocJorgensen chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
Mmm - lovely. Oswin and Jerome are so well done here and the sadness and wisdom one can read within Jerome is just perfect. The irony at the end is excellent and the poignancy is quite perfect.

Thanks for a great fic.

Sybl Angelkat chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
This was probably one of the saddest things I've read in a long time, but beautiful nonetheless. I like your writing style.
Chopstick Legend chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
This is brillient.

I have never before seen a fic in which Cadfael dies and you have managed to do it while keeping with the style of the books. (I hope that made sense!)

Excellent work!