Reviews for Not Soldiers
Redbaron71 chapter 1 . 2/1
Holy Crap this was an awesome read! Kinda of wish it was an actual book. Very well done, Mace Windu is one of my favorite characters and not my fanfiction's do him justice. This is not one of them, I love the story and seeing how it takes place before and after and during the prequels. Mace and Palpatine's interactions were done very well. I love how he goes from being and admirer to having absolute dislike for the man. Another part of the story I really liked is how you have quotes or sentences from novels right before the next story, that's really cool and a nice touch. Overall very well done. Nice!
HopefullyEloquent chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
I honestly think this is one of the best one-shots I have read on this site (and I have read a great number) and certainly the best story featuring Mace Windu.

Unfortunately, there aren't that many of the latter, so perhaps you should consider correcting this woeful mistake?
laloga chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
Excellent, most excellent!

I was looking for a good Mace Windu fic, but I never expected to find one this amazing! Loved the way that you delineated Mace's relationship with Palpatine; at one point they surely must have been - if not "friends" - colleagues. I loved how you described the Force "void" around the Chancellor, which in turn seemed to make Windu kind of look down upon him as a "lesser" being.

Also loved the parallels you drew between the Jedi as a whole and Depa, and how deeply they affected Mace.

And wow...this part: "...tell me your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you..." Amazing writing!

Love this one-shot! Fantastic job with two amazing characters not often written about! :D

And, wow. This part: "
Sylverlin chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Well done. Well done!

The Windu-Palpatine relationship, I think, is one of the more interesting ones out there, and as far as I'm concerned, this is both perfectly in character AND adds that extra which can make fanfiction such a worthy read.

(And the whole third section was rather chilling. The Depa Billaba jungle sentence - and, well, that whole section, for some reason -reminded me of Apocalypse Now. Bonus points for that.)