Reviews for Not Soldiers
HopefullyEloquent chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
I honestly think this is one of the best one-shots I have read on this site (and I have read a great number) and certainly the best story featuring Mace Windu.

Unfortunately, there aren't that many of the latter, so perhaps you should consider correcting this woeful mistake?
laloga chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
Excellent, most excellent!

I was looking for a good Mace Windu fic, but I never expected to find one this amazing! Loved the way that you delineated Mace's relationship with Palpatine; at one point they surely must have been - if not "friends" - colleagues. I loved how you described the Force "void" around the Chancellor, which in turn seemed to make Windu kind of look down upon him as a "lesser" being.

Also loved the parallels you drew between the Jedi as a whole and Depa, and how deeply they affected Mace.

And wow...this part: "...tell me your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you..." Amazing writing!

Love this one-shot! Fantastic job with two amazing characters not often written about! :D

And, wow. This part: "
Sylverlin chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Well done. Well done!

The Windu-Palpatine relationship, I think, is one of the more interesting ones out there, and as far as I'm concerned, this is both perfectly in character AND adds that extra which can make fanfiction such a worthy read.

(And the whole third section was rather chilling. The Depa Billaba jungle sentence - and, well, that whole section, for some reason -reminded me of Apocalypse Now. Bonus points for that.)