Reviews for Captain America and the Invaders
Rynn Wolfe chapter 2 . 8/19/2013
I am absolutely addicted to this story! The vocabulary is immaculate and the characters are gorgeously illustrated with otherwise simple words and phrases. I will continue my journey though James's version of Steve Rogers's life with excitment!
J.D. Finck chapter 2 . 12/5/2012
The ages of Bucky and Steve (10 & 8) just do not match the dialog. They should early teens, or you need to tone down the dialog, one or the other.
J.D. Finck chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
Not bad...your writing is solid. I don't care for the Watcher intro (well written tho' it is). It really isn't necessary, and it kind of adds an odd beat. It starts millions of years in the past (Watcher), comes up to present time (Fury/Barnes), and then jumps right back to the past (Steve/Bucky).
Also, nitpicking a little, the whole 'teen gangster shoots Bucky' thing is a little off, to me. Most of these kid gangs were simply about beating up each other...didn't seem 'realistic' that Bucky could have possibly stolen enough from some penny-ante gang to warrant shooting. I mean, you wrote it fine, it just felt off to me.
StargateFFWriter chapter 16 . 7/22/2012
Excellent (alternative-historical scenario) telling of Logan's past. You know the Meiji era Japanese history very well. Ironically, Saigo Takamori had helped majorly to restore the Emperor Mutsuhito to alleged actual position of power. I'm a history enthusiast so I particularly liked the flashback scene.
beastlynerd chapter 16 . 7/21/2012
great job
Kukapetal chapter 9 . 10/1/2011
Wow, this is really well written. You've really got a knack for action scenes, and your dialogue is delightful (there's some modern-day slang in there that I think should be taken out, but it's not a huge deal). I couldn't stop reading. Nice work.

I feel sorry for poor Red Skull though. He's my fave :P

Also, those strange bolded words all over the place are weird and distracting. I don't think you need to emphasize so many words all the time (the dialogue is written well enough that your readers will hear the emphasis in the appopriate spots without help), and when you do emphasize words, stick with italics. They're far less distracting.
WaffleNinja chapter 8 . 9/23/2011
This was definitely an exciting chapter, and I liked how you introduced the Red Skull. I'm still really enjoying the fact that this is all told in flashback/story form, so I'm wondering if Steve will ever make an appearance in the present parts of the story.

I may not review on every chapter, but I promise I'm still reading! Keep up the good work
Irish-Brigid chapter 7 . 8/19/2011
Cap's in the game! And you really shouldn't make a super soldier angry. That Sergeant is lucky Steve didn't break the table.
WaffleNinja chapter 6 . 8/16/2011
I can't believe this story only has two reviews! I just started reading it today, and I am really enjoying it. Please write more!
Irish-Brigid chapter 6 . 8/15/2011
Wow.

I mean, I *knew* from the get go that something like this happens, but wow.

Steve! Wake up! Bucky needs you to save his ass!

Do you have an update schedule?
Jashobeam chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this! What a cool background story! I also enjoyed the Uatu intro. I would say that some small edits could be made but really a good read. Looking forward to the next chapter!