Reviews for The Voyage of the Starship Hedwig
moosejuice5 chapter 22 . 7/30
loved the story, liked the way it ended. loved that ginny died to me she came across as a sadistic powerful moron that people would of killed if she weren't under harrys protection, also i think they were a bit harsh on parvati, realistically there want much she could of done and she did help harry a lot. anyway loved the story, I'm going to read the sequel now :)
Zeikos chapter 1 . 4/29
I like the premise (spaceee :) ) , i dislike how it is accomplished and expecially harry's characterization . Come on , i know he went throught a lot and the between him and the MoM there isn't love but he wouldn't have such a personality transplant (becoming a complete jerk) in a couple of months.

Furthermore we know from canon that the wizarding world has a strong grip on the power chain of the muggle world (for everything secrecy related) , the proof is that they can delay a call from the US presdent to the british PM without any kind of fallout (which means they can edit records and such).

Not to mention the unspeakables , but their powers are more a matter of opinion so it doesn't matter.
iChaos chapter 22 . 3/27
People are stupid - that's what I got out of this.
WhiteElfElder chapter 22 . 3/24
Ouch...Harry has lost everything again and all because of betrayal and being pigheaded.
Ibskib chapter 22 . 1/9
Good that there's a sequel, it's a supremely depressing end otherwise.
I don't understand why Harry doesn't seem to blame his (former?) friends, but perhaps he is just holding all his anger in for the time being, or compartmentalizing and focusing on the larger scope.
My first thought was that after waking up, he would either kill them in rage, or force them into a series of unbreakable vows so something like this couldn't repeat itself.
Hachichiyyin chapter 9 . 11/15/2014
Bleh.
quercus.aeternam chapter 22 . 10/12/2014
Amazing.

I love how well you have melded different worlds; modern science, genetic engineering, the singularity... all in an entertaining story.
avatar junkman chapter 22 . 6/21/2014
Love this story hope there is already a sequel or u are finished with the next chapter soon
Eldersprig chapter 22 . 2/23/2014
Loved it! Harry Potter meets EE Doc Smith!
Luke Dragneel chapter 22 . 2/5/2014
I have to say that every time they didn't listen to Harry, they normally would fail dismally, yet when they listen to him they wind up better off than when they started. I have to say, the designs of their magical spaceships are quite crude, but understandably so when we first see them attempt to make one as they were pressed for time and didn't have the time to theorize a better plan. But I would think that a hundred years later that their starships would have been way more advanced than they were at that point since they would have been able to advance their Runic studies, hell they could have sent in pods stuffed with hundreds of golems to fight the ground forces instead of sending in irreplaceable human lives. They could have simply rounded up several of the species from Tau Ceti and stored them in invisible pods around Earth and then allow them to run amok. Also releasing a couple of Basilisk would have drastically reduced their numbers too in the human value while the Tau animals ran amok.
Luke Dragneel chapter 20 . 2/5/2014
You would think they would also be taking human genetic material so as to help diversify their current gene pool, maybe even keep some of the smarter less obnoxious scientist/soldiers/civilians that side with them, it would help them with coming up with new ideas at least and give them an insight on how the muggles would have used magic. They could at least provide new industries that the magicals had yet to touch on. Since any child they would have would be magical, there would not be a need to worry about petty jealousies that would normally pop up.
Luke Dragneel chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
I'd like to point out that Harry would need material to first craft the spaceship, then he would need master-level charms, transfiguration, Runes, and Arithmancy specialist along side fantasy driven designs of space crafts that would point out different types of systems and shapes of said craft so as to get an idea of what can happen and what they might need. Abe Dumbledore would be a good wizard to turn to alongside the heads of Hogwarts portraits for ideas since Albus Dumbledore is a holder of several Masteries of those branches of magic, including alchemy.
Learning mining spells and the spells that went into the Map and the two-way mirrors would be a great boon for navigation and communication that would be required on a vessel like this. I would also like to put forward that you have a very aggressive Harry on your hands, which makes him not very popular with some readers. You can put a lot of that off as him being on edge after everything that is going on.
Hyena-Sennin chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
AWESOME!
atymer chapter 22 . 1/18/2014
I will not deny I could see the extermination coming in a way. Humanity is on the fast track to destruction. If we don't blow each other up, total peace will possibly lead to stagnation of society. We walk a fine line and we seem bent on destruction. Arrogance got the wizards in this mess and Harry and his generation bore the blunt, but arrogance struck again when they decided what they saw was all their was. I don't see but few if any surviving and they will be hunted across the galaxy now. I am most curious what the end will be. I am putting this on my fav list because it is a thought provoking story.
Hyena-Sennin chapter 22 . 1/16/2014
Kick-ass story! And this starship, isn't it, by any chance a ...

Star Destroyer?