Reviews for The Voyage of the Starship Hedwig
Eldersprig chapter 22 . 2/23
Loved it! Harry Potter meets EE Doc Smith!
Luke Dragneel chapter 22 . 2/5
I have to say that every time they didn't listen to Harry, they normally would fail dismally, yet when they listen to him they wind up better off than when they started. I have to say, the designs of their magical spaceships are quite crude, but understandably so when we first see them attempt to make one as they were pressed for time and didn't have the time to theorize a better plan. But I would think that a hundred years later that their starships would have been way more advanced than they were at that point since they would have been able to advance their Runic studies, hell they could have sent in pods stuffed with hundreds of golems to fight the ground forces instead of sending in irreplaceable human lives. They could have simply rounded up several of the species from Tau Ceti and stored them in invisible pods around Earth and then allow them to run amok. Also releasing a couple of Basilisk would have drastically reduced their numbers too in the human value while the Tau animals ran amok.
Luke Dragneel chapter 20 . 2/5
You would think they would also be taking human genetic material so as to help diversify their current gene pool, maybe even keep some of the smarter less obnoxious scientist/soldiers/civilians that side with them, it would help them with coming up with new ideas at least and give them an insight on how the muggles would have used magic. They could at least provide new industries that the magicals had yet to touch on. Since any child they would have would be magical, there would not be a need to worry about petty jealousies that would normally pop up.
Luke Dragneel chapter 1 . 2/2
I'd like to point out that Harry would need material to first craft the spaceship, then he would need master-level charms, transfiguration, Runes, and Arithmancy specialist along side fantasy driven designs of space crafts that would point out different types of systems and shapes of said craft so as to get an idea of what can happen and what they might need. Abe Dumbledore would be a good wizard to turn to alongside the heads of Hogwarts portraits for ideas since Albus Dumbledore is a holder of several Masteries of those branches of magic, including alchemy.
Learning mining spells and the spells that went into the Map and the two-way mirrors would be a great boon for navigation and communication that would be required on a vessel like this. I would also like to put forward that you have a very aggressive Harry on your hands, which makes him not very popular with some readers. You can put a lot of that off as him being on edge after everything that is going on.
Hyena-Sennin chapter 1 . 1/23
AWESOME!
atymer chapter 22 . 1/18
I will not deny I could see the extermination coming in a way. Humanity is on the fast track to destruction. If we don't blow each other up, total peace will possibly lead to stagnation of society. We walk a fine line and we seem bent on destruction. Arrogance got the wizards in this mess and Harry and his generation bore the blunt, but arrogance struck again when they decided what they saw was all their was. I don't see but few if any surviving and they will be hunted across the galaxy now. I am most curious what the end will be. I am putting this on my fav list because it is a thought provoking story.
Hyena-Sennin chapter 22 . 1/16
Kick-ass story! And this starship, isn't it, by any chance a ...

Star Destroyer?
Scabbers1957 chapter 22 . 1/4
This was an awesome story..will check out the sequel, even though I see it has been abandoned.

:))
Arafell chapter 3 . 12/3/2013
Teach everyone to use fiendfyre. Apparate around every military base you know and every public building. Cast, retreat to safe distance, watch as unstoppable flames burn everything.

If you wanted to be poetic, start singing "I don't want to set the world on fire" as you roast marshmellows over burning cities.
Zlatka chapter 22 . 10/22/2013
Wow.. I dont have anything else to say.. Thank you for your work
kffs chapter 22 . 10/8/2013
Absolutely nerve-wracking and engaging all the way through.

I JUST WANTED THINGS TO GO WELL BUT YOU WOULDN'T LET THEM!

Great job - will look into the sequel.
Nananma chapter 2 . 8/19/2013
Silly and Sillier... and I don't have to say the D word.
Nananma chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Hmm... sound so sure(full) of himself, huh? He also readily believe another Prophecy come out, if he become fanatically invested in this, I say he's turning into another Dumbledore... Isn't that the start of the whole mess in his life? Dumbledore hear a prophecy (Voldemort too, even if just half of it) become obsessed with it and made a lot of action that was based on it... and the rest they say is history (or canon for that matter).
Reviewer of the West chapter 22 . 7/28/2013
Cool story. I'll be looking for the sequal.
Swallow-Tailed Kite chapter 5 . 7/24/2013
Harry's being a git, snapping and snarling at everyone like he's the dog that owns the place (with little respect).

Why?

It doesn't really fit him to be angry all the time ._.