Reviews for The Voyage of the Starship Hedwig
jojobevco chapter 10 . 9/12/2011
It would have been perfectly acceptable for Harry to die at this point in the mission. I don't like his attitude change very much.

Other than that, good chapter.
Trufla chapter 10 . 9/12/2011
Ok, I see you took a couple of side-steps from what I had anticipated as the chain of events here, but they do make sense. Losing her father probably is going to have a really long-term effect on both Hermione and her mother, and frankly I don't think enough of the average non-character witch or wizard to think that they will appreciate his sacrifice for what it was. Likewise, Arthur's loss is probably going to make changes in Molly that nobody will really know how to deal with. (After all, we already know that the Wizarding answer to grief counseling is Calming Draught and Cheering Charms.)

It's nice to see that I was right about shielding being a problem, and the thinning of the herd was pretty harsh, though quite realistic, I believe. One has to hope that the only fully trained Healer was at least smart enough to leave Pensive copies of their training and critical experience in the event of an untimely death. (Frankly, I would hope that the various masters were on a mandatory set of instructions to copy out and store sets of training memories in the event of any accidental death, to supplement the library knowledge on board.)

The new planet looks like it might have a few surprise wrinkles as well, though hopefully the choice to avoid the megacontinent for the time being seems a sound security decision. I'll be looking forward to the next installment.
Lesychan chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
Why do i have the feeling that they will find 9feet tall blue ppl on Pangea? Hmm...how many years do the wizards have until the muggles come knocking with their own ships? I really hope Luna can built some warships for their defense
DanielHimura chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
Nice chapter. Is this going to be an Avatar crossover in the end? The part where you said the war with muggles did not end.
Ratus chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
Ooo... sentient trees maybe? Where are you going with this I wonder... Guess I will have to wait for the next chapter like everyone else :)
john777 chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
Great story, very original, I wait the next chapters.

I hope the magical culture on the new planet not stagnant, maybe add not magical technologies and create technomancy.

What about the political fallout over genocide in Earth.

Magic destruction would affect Earth ecosystem?

Keep writing, update soon.
Beloved Daughter chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
Wow... they lost a lot of people... Thanks for the chapter update!

I'm glad to see they saved the dragons even though Harry said no. It now seems a fitting tribute to Charlie, since he didn't make it.
Amadan101 chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
Looking good, I can't wait to see what awaits them on that world, plus that forest sounds interesting.
george17 chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
Wow. Awesome chapter! Although, at the rate you keep killing them off, I'm starting to wonder if the end of this is going to be an Adam and Eve story staring Harry and Ginny! Great story so far and rather than the escape from earth being the story, it looks like that was almost just the prologue.
m-f42 chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
Have you ever read the story Methuselah's Children by Robert A. Heinlein? Whenever I read an update of this fic I am struck by a desire to re-read that novel and find myself hoping that like Heinlein's Howards, the magical families too make an eventual return to Earth.
karthik9 chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
it is excellent chapter
AiSard chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
I still think Harry comes off as overly.. controlling. Not one for compromises is he / and Ginny... yea.. lol. Still prefer Phoenix, symbolicly good name, calling it Lily... just reminds everyone that if the planet is anything short of perfect it'll be Harry's fault for dragging them there. Mega Ocean is awesome p.
Gelasia Kidd chapter 9 . 9/10/2011
What an excellent story! I enjoyed it very much
Wonderbee31 chapter 9 . 9/6/2011
Nice section, and will look forward to what might happen next, as well as how things might have gone on Earth they've left, if things are going to get much worse on the old planet.
Night Wanderer chapter 9 . 9/5/2011
This is a really interesting story with a plot I have never come across before, and for that reason alone you make my fave list, but the fact its well written and fairly well paced just adds gravy to the whole thing!

Kudos!