Reviews for The Voyage of the Starship Hedwig
Beloved Daughter chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
Wow... they lost a lot of people... Thanks for the chapter update!

I'm glad to see they saved the dragons even though Harry said no. It now seems a fitting tribute to Charlie, since he didn't make it.
Amadan101 chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
Looking good, I can't wait to see what awaits them on that world, plus that forest sounds interesting.
george17 chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
Wow. Awesome chapter! Although, at the rate you keep killing them off, I'm starting to wonder if the end of this is going to be an Adam and Eve story staring Harry and Ginny! Great story so far and rather than the escape from earth being the story, it looks like that was almost just the prologue.
m-f42 chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
Have you ever read the story Methuselah's Children by Robert A. Heinlein? Whenever I read an update of this fic I am struck by a desire to re-read that novel and find myself hoping that like Heinlein's Howards, the magical families too make an eventual return to Earth.
karthik9 chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
it is excellent chapter
AiSard chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
I still think Harry comes off as overly.. controlling. Not one for compromises is he / and Ginny... yea.. lol. Still prefer Phoenix, symbolicly good name, calling it Lily... just reminds everyone that if the planet is anything short of perfect it'll be Harry's fault for dragging them there. Mega Ocean is awesome p.
Gelasia Kidd chapter 9 . 9/10/2011
What an excellent story! I enjoyed it very much
Wonderbee31 chapter 9 . 9/6/2011
Nice section, and will look forward to what might happen next, as well as how things might have gone on Earth they've left, if things are going to get much worse on the old planet.
Night Wanderer chapter 9 . 9/5/2011
This is a really interesting story with a plot I have never come across before, and for that reason alone you make my fave list, but the fact its well written and fairly well paced just adds gravy to the whole thing!

Kudos!
Ratus chapter 9 . 9/5/2011
This is a very interesting story, it reminds me of one of the old space stories I read as a kid about a Dyson sphere that was traveling so long in space that the generations inside forgot about the outside world. I really look forward to seeing you complete this story.
Beloved Daughter chapter 9 . 9/4/2011
This is an absolutely fascinating premise! I look forward to seeing what will happen next!
Trufla chapter 9 . 9/4/2011
Ok, that was a pretty good run through the trials of the ship as they left atmosphere and headed off. The (somewhat) unanticipated early demise of the booster brooms made sense, and I liked the little bit of snarking between Madame Hooch and Professor Sinestra about the design specs of the boosters was cute. The drain on the individual wizards using the Banisher emitter arrays was well-thought out, and made perfect sense. I was sorry to see McGonagall didn't make it, but given the stress she had taken, it made a lot of sense.

Likewise, I liked the auric shielding solution applied by the engineering team, though I'm pretty sure that a single centimeter thickness isn't going to be a sufficient shield by itself when facing direct bombardment outside the Van Allen belts. Guess there are some additional hardening and reinforcing spells on the panels to account for that set of problems, or the Wizarding enclave inside the biosphere has the Merfolk lake between the sun and their part of the habitat. On the other hand, I would imagine that simply having the space expansion charm in effect should help reduce the radiation exposure as well.

I can't say I'm surprised that the goblins had a contract drawn up when Harry and co. came seeking help with the propulsion duties, and I'm also not surprised that Harry not only expected it, but used the crisis as a way to ram house elf equality down everyone's throats at the same time. Having the Merfolk turn out to be magical powerhouses also makes sense in a way, after all, they have to have a strong personal magic just to handle survival and adaptation to the wide range of conditions in their habitat.

I don't recall you mentioning any Veela contingent beyond Fleur's family, but then Veela is supposed to be a pretty dominant trait at least on the female line, but it's probably a good thing they brought along the sperm bank for additional diversity. I'll admit, I did not exactly see the reproductive process of the centaurs coming (sorry for the pun), but that makes sense in a twisted sort of mythological way as well.

At any rate, I guess the next chapter will cover the transit via Floo Bomb, and will be George's shining moment. I'll be looking forward to seeing just what his final salute will be to the Hedwig and Mother Earth-that-was.
mrrlyn chapter 9 . 9/4/2011
PHYSICS NOTE: You do not decelerate in space, there is no resistance. to slow down in space you have to apply a opposite force to negate forward movement. ships coming to a stop in space is a tv/space plot device. that is why astronouts hav e to be teatthered, or they would float away when they push off.

If they are providing constant forward push then they would never stop speeding up! for the hegwig to slow down something would have to provide and oposite push on them.
jovan schnee chapter 9 . 9/4/2011
JK Rowling meets Arthur C. Clarke. It works though. Great tale. Looking forward to more.
jojobevco chapter 9 . 9/4/2011